PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Dobson had screw inserted into his foot during surgery in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see Dobson get PUP'd to start the season. Give him 6 weeks to fully recover and work on cutting on that foot. He can be a valuable piece for a long run this season and want him at 100%.

I'd rather see Dobson get PUP'd to start the season. Give him 6 weeks to fully recover and work on cutting on that foot. He can be a valuable piece for a long run this season and want him at 100%.

If he needs to be PUP'd, then PUP him. If he doesn't need to be PUP'd, play him. This team has a serious home field advantage in the playoffs, given the weather conditions in New England in January. If all hands can be on deck to help win any game, then I want them on deck. Otherwise, sit them.

If he needs to be PUP'd, then PUP him. If he doesn't need to be PUP'd, play him. This team has a serious home field advantage in the playoffs, given the weather conditions in New England in January. If all hands can be on deck to help win any game, then I want them on deck. Otherwise, sit them.
Agree. Did we not learn in Miami last year that all the games count? Plus, 6 games is a long time to go without an injury at a position where there is a pretty steep talent drop-off.

Agree. Did we not learn in Miami last year that all the games count? Plus, 6 games is a long time to go without an injury at a position where there is a pretty steep talent drop-off.
And sitting around not playing football for the next 10 weeks isn't going to help dobson.

I'm serious. I assumed, and thought I read, he had a screw inserted originally...or do you just like Heath Ledger?
Doesn't everybody like Heath Ledger?

And sitting around not playing football for the next 10 weeks isn't going to help dobson.

It's going to help his foot heal properly; so yes, it is going to help him.

Does anyone know if he made the trip?

I don't know why everyone is so confused about why Belichick signed LaFell. He got a solid experienced NFL starter to bolster the Pats offense as the third or fourth wide receiver. A lot of NFL teams would love to have a third or fourth wide receiver with decent experience and production as an NFL receiver. A team can't have all Randy Mosses at WR. Where's the beef with upgrading the depth at WR through free agency?

I don't know why everyone is so confused about why Belichick signed LaFell. He got a solid experienced NFL starter to bolster the Pats offense as the third or fourth wide receiver. A lot of NFL teams would love to have a third or fourth wide receiver with decent experience and production as an NFL receiver. A team can't have all Randy Mosses at WR. Where's the beef with upgrading the depth at WR through free agency?
I think it's more confusing that a lot of people are down on Tompkins and saying he is a joke etc. Don't get that at all

Can they place him on the PUP list? He's practiced already by running timed sprints on the sideline. I was under the impression that once you practice, you're ineligible for the PUP list.

Can they place him on the PUP list? He's practiced already by running timed sprints on the sideline. I was under the impression that once you practice, you're ineligible for the PUP list.

He has been running but only On the sidelines so I don't think that counts as practicing. Also he hasn't been taken off pup to practice anyways.

I just read where he is already on the PUP so why are people talking about him "getting PUP'ed"?

There are 2 different PUPs. The pre-season PUP where you can come off any day you're ready and the "real" PUP where you cannot play until after week 6.

There are 2 different PUPs. The pre-season PUP where you can come off any day you're ready and the "real" PUP where you cannot play until after week 6.
Well, I think if he's on at beginning of season then he has to stay on for 6 weeks? Right now they can take him off of it whenever they want to but then they have to cut someone.

If he's on it at this late a stage, he's probably starting the season on it.

They don't have to cut anyone if he's taken off PUP; he & everyone else on the pre-season PUP
already count toward the 90-man TC roster.

STarting to wonder if he will begin the year on PUP...clearly not ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back