Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So two Germans briefly bought the Ravens’ stadium for back taxes - Hot Air

Money quote...
"This would have been a hilarious episode in sports bloopers history, particularly since the Germans were joking about converting it to a soccer stadium and selling it to a German team. Sadly, the fun didn’t last for long. The properties both belong to the Maryland Stadium Authority and as such are technically owned by the government. A quick check of the applicable laws revealed that the city is exempt from the tax auction process so they had been listed “by mistake” and the Germans were unable to carry through with the plan."

WWIII narrowly averted!

Yeah,I rad this last night hoping against hope that the sale would stand up to court challenges, but alas, 'twas not to be.

More NFL "INTEGRITY!" Hah! :rolleyes:

Ray Lewis would've killed those Germans anyway. And then filmed himself mumbling an incoherent "motivational" speech in his garage, like a particularly inarticulate crackhead hobo who tries to motivate you into changing his life by giving him a few dollars so he can change his life around (buy more crack).

Ray Lewis would've killed those Germans anyway. And then filmed himself mumbling an incoherent "motivational" speech in his garage, like a particularly inarticulate crackhead hobo who tries to motivate you into changing his life by giving him a few dollars so he can change his life around (buy more crack).

I have to say, his super bowl week garage speech was one for the ages. I have to drop this here for anyone who hasn't seen it. After Ray was dumped from ESPN, he published once more from his own garage. this is classic attention whorage.

There’s really no deeper lesson to all of this beyond being a humorous story of government ineptitude, but it did leave me with one question. If something this incredibly embarrassing was going to happen to an NFL franchise, how did it not wind up being the Jets?

:)

I wonder if the Germans would have taken down the statue of Ray Lewis, and if they did, with whom they would have replaced it.

I'm hearing they purchased several stadiums in Poland instead and plan to expand into Russia with a hostile takeover of multiple stadiums there.
The Russians were actually co-purchasers of the stadia in Poland; but their resources soon became stretched too thin, which made them vunerable to the hostile take-over by the Germans.

So two Germans briefly bought the Ravens’ stadium for back taxes - Hot Air

Money quote...
"This would have been a hilarious episode in sports bloopers history, particularly since the Germans were joking about converting it to a soccer stadium and selling it to a German team. Sadly, the fun didn’t last for long. The properties both belong to the Maryland Stadium Authority and as such are technically owned by the government. A quick check of the applicable laws revealed that the city is exempt from the tax auction process so they had been listed “by mistake” and the Germans were unable to carry through with the plan."

WWIII narrowly averted!

Think Indianapolis could support 2 NFL franchises? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results