PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remaining Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBostonStraggler

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Remaining Schedule

With 7 wins in hand, here is the remaining schedule (the next two days are like 'bye' days :)):

Home: Bills, Eagles, Redskins, Titans
Away: Broncos, Giants, Jets, Phins, Texans

Hard to believe but for everything good that has happened so far, but a loss to the Broncos puts HFA in tangible jeopardy. Easily this is the toughest game, the Broncos, and losing it/losing the tie breaker would change the landscape quite a bit. Fortunately the Broncos do have some tough games ahead so even then it isn't dire if we lose to them. But this post assumes we beat Denver, as I believe we will based on Manning looking like he stayed 1 year too long, which makes a total of 8 Patriot wins.

Add up the games overwhelmingly the Patriots are expected to win (Texans, Titans, Redskins, Eagles) and the Patriots are at 12 wins. With 12 victories this all but absolutely assures the division crown.

Remaining games that aren't 'overwhelming': at Giants, at Jets, at Phins, Bills.

1 win over any of these last 4 (13 wins total) all but assures a first round bye (I am banking on Cincy's yearly losing skid eventually coming into play).

2 wins over any of the remaining 4 (14 wins total) all but guarantee HFA (I don't see Denver winning all games except their loss to the Patriots, and again I expect Cincy losing at least 2 based solely on history).

Of these remaining 4, it is hard to see losing to the Phins even though it is a division game and it is in Miami, and it is hard to see losing to the Bills at home (based on history). I don't think they can be called overwhelmingly likely wins but still it is hard to see losses here. Which means in this HFA clinching scenario, nauseatingly, NY and NY is our margin of error (again it is a Bye day -- looking for a topic that isn't surrounding the NFL scumbags).

I want to achieve a 16-0 season and win our final regular season game in Miami.....so Don Shula and members of the 72' Dolphins can sit and watch as we take our turn at making history...again :cool:

Denver will collapse. They're lucky they aren't 2-4. Not really worried about them.

Need the Bengals to start dropping some games.

I'm just gonna leave this here.....

CSiUe_5WoAAyF0P.jpg

Has anyone taken a look at the Packers schedule? Aside from a week 16 game in Arizona, I don't see anything that they shouldn't win handily. Dare we imagine a Super Bowl of TWO undefeated teams against each other?

Has anyone taken a look at the Packers schedule? Aside from a week 16 game in Arizona, I don't see anything that they shouldn't win handily. Dare we imagine a Super Bowl of TWO undefeated teams against each other?

Don Shula and Mercury Morris would have to start scheduling appearances on Celebrity Apprentice or Celebrity Boxing so they can stay relevant.

Don Shula and Mercury Morris would have to start scheduling appearances on Celebrity Apprentice or Celebrity Boxing so they can stay relevant.

The beauty of that scenario is that no matter what the outcome, it will shut the mouth of that pompous fraud Shula.

That means Goodell and his large band of a-hole owners may think they have two teams they need to try to bring in line into the NFL mediocrity. Two is likely more than they can handle....

I want to achieve a 16-0 season and win our final regular season game in Miami.....so Don Shula and members of the 72' Dolphins can sit and watch as we take our turn at making history...again :cool:

Me too CEO, me too. But since the 19-0 is rare, I'd like to pick and choose the two losses :)

Am I the only one that thinks this would be a little anti climactic? I mean it's like someone is going to be 19-0 by default.

Am I the only one that thinks this would be a little anti climactic? I mean it's like someone is going to be 19-0 by default.

Don't worry. The Packers aren't going 16-0. It just won't happen.

Sheesh. There's just no pleasing some people. One of the bigger problems with professional football (versus other sports) is that the playoff system allows arguably undeserving teams to progress past better teams due to injury or fluky timing. (Good examples being the Ravens most recent title and the 1985 Patriots.) Two undefeated teams playing for the title would be an unambiguously good thing.

Maybe I'm missing something about Denver but I do not understand the concern with that game. They have a tough defense but Brady has been carving up tough defenses dating back to the Super Bowl. Their Oline is mediocre at best and the Pats Dline pass rush is top 10 if not better. Peyton is going feel the pressure.

GB is going to hand Denver its first loss tomorrow and I think Denver will be lucky to finish the year 11-5. (Depending on how Peyton plays we may start hearing louder chants of , "We want Brock....we want Brock..." ) :eek:

Bengals - Played well against the Seahawks and Dalton made some really sweet passes in that game. I am going to pay close attention to how they handle some of the tougher defenses coming up such as the Rams, Cardinals, Steelers and the Broncos. But of what I have seen from them so far they are a solid team. We'll see how that will work into the HFA plans.

My concerned games are :

@ Giants. The Giants have been playing a lot better since their rough start and the defense has been creating a lot of turnovers. +10 in the turnover differential. (or 16 takeaways for @Oswlek :)) and the whole Eli Manning thing. (This maybe a game I'm concerned about for mental reasons though)o_O

@ Jets - This game just BUGS me. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I think its a definitely winnable game but cannot have the same mistakes as in the first game. 11 drops probably won't get it done. I do expect Fritzy to toss the Pats a turnover or two. Still playing in MetLife stadium against a tough defense is somewhat concerning.

vs Eagles - Eagles also have a decent defense and their offense is Bi-polar. Some weeks they look like last weeks Phins vs Texans and the others they look like Phins vs Pats. Not too concerned with them as the Pats will be at home.

Other than that I don't see any significant challenges.

Last edited:
I'd love patriots packers at 18-0 each. Someone is guaranteed to overtake the 72 doofins and guaranteed to get within one ring of spousalabuseburgh

If Romo is back along with a healthy Dez Bryant the Cowboys might give them a run for their money. But overall they have one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Sheesh. There's just no pleasing some people. One of the bigger problems with professional football (versus other sports) is that the playoff system allows arguably undeserving teams to progress past better teams due to injury or fluky timing. (Good examples being the Ravens most recent title and the 1985 Patriots.) Two undefeated teams playing for the title would be an unambiguously good thing.

So your answer to my question is no.

Hard to believe but for everything good that has happened so far, but a loss to the Broncos puts HFA in tangible jeopardy.

Yep, especially since the Bengals only have 3 remaining games against winning teams too:

Browns
Texans
@Cardinals
Rams
@Browns
Steelers
@49ers
@Broncos
Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’