PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Moss, Meriweather added to Pro Bowl roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Pro Bowl voters are a bunch of dog fakers for selecting such a mediocre safety.

Congrats to the two of them, they both deserved it.

Does anyone feel a little is taken away if you make it in as an injury replacement? I mean you either feel like you deserved it to begin with, or you feel less excited knowing you wouldn't have been named otherwise.

Does anyone feel a little is taken away if you make it in as an injury replacement? I mean you either feel like you deserved it to begin with, or you feel less excited knowing you wouldn't have been named otherwise.

there are 16 starting SS in the AFC and they picked him as the 3rd best i say thats still good in my book

The team scored 34 points in Indy, they didn't lose because of the lack of a Deion Branch...

thats interesting because for 6 horrific months this board was in an all out war about what caused that game to be lost. If i remember correctly, the offense couldn't get a single first down to ice the clock when it mattered most. in fact, the theory goes, the offense couldn't even do enough to get the defense enough time to catch a break. Deion only had like 22 catches in consecutive super bowls so i am sure he would have been totally useless down the stretch under pressure.

By the way, if they worked things out with Branch, or at least got In Season value for him (i.e. another receiver that was better than bug eyes, gabrial or AARP brown, they would have held on against Indy and smoked chicago two weeks later.

there is also a term out there used in finance called 'time value of money'. it has relevance in the football world too when valuing an asset (i.e. player).

mine was a statement of fact, not an evaluation.

i don't think so. the calls are so close and arbitrary...

thats interesting because for 6 horrific months this board was in an all out war about what caused that game to be lost. If i remember correctly, the offense couldn't get a single first down to ice the clock when it mattered most. in fact, the theory goes, the offense couldn't even do enough to get the defense enough time to catch a break. Deion only had like 22 catches in consecutive super bowls so i am sure he would have been totally useless down the stretch under pressure.

I'd say the defense completely collapsing in the second half holds more weight than the offense having trouble moving the ball. Both are definitely to blame, the defense moreso.

I'd say the defense completely collapsing in the second half holds more weight than the offense having trouble moving the ball. Both are definitely to blame, the defense moreso.

Pretty much the only reasonable way to look at it, IMO. Assign fault wherever you want- what really matters is that if either unit had been a little better, the game probably would have been won.

Congrats to both guys.Well deserved.

there are 16 starting SS in the AFC and they picked him as the 3rd best i say thats still good in my book

2nd isn't it?

Byrd was a FS who he replaced.

That would make Meriweather the 4th best overall Safety in the AFC behind Reed, Byrd and Dawkins.

And 2nd best Strong Safety behind B-Dawk.

If he can be more consistent, he could be a probowler for years to come.

Too bad they won't be able to play because they'll have a game the following week.

So glad for them, Moss totally deserved, it would be between him and Vincent Jackson, but Jackson is kinda overated so, congrats to Randy.
Meriweather is a great safety, and this selection only shows are defense has great talent, in players like Meriweather, Mayo, Guyton, Wilfork, Warren, McGowan, Butler, Chung... and with some years of experience, it will be on eof the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back