PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss' mailbag today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Weis made his own game plans and adjustments.

Theres no way he was a "Yes Man" while OC of the Pats.

I agree. Coordinators are far more than just yes men. Good coordinators also have to be good hands on coaches, to put the players in the right position to be successful.

Coordinators definitely make a difference, you see it all the time in the NFL, when a new coordinator is hired, all of a sudden a team will turn it around from bad to good.

Charlie Weiss was a major reason that Brady developed into a great QB. Weiss was always on Brady after every mistake, and put game plans in place that played to Brady's strengths.

I think BB just values having assistants that he has trained, and seldom brings in guys from other systems, especially as coordinators.

I agree. Coordinators are far more than just yes men. Good coordinators also have to be good hands on coaches, to put the players in the right position to be successful.

Coordinators definitely make a difference, you see it all the time in the NFL, when a new coordinator is hired, all of a sudden a team will turn it around from bad to good.

Charlie Weiss was a major reason that Brady developed into a great QB. Weiss was always on Brady after every mistake, and put game plans in place that played to Brady's strengths.

I think BB just values having assistants that he has trained, and seldom brings in guys from other systems, especially as coordinators.

Belichick has the utmost respect for Charlie Weis and his job as HC was never easier because like any good CEO BB hired competent people and let them do their jobs. Weis said " Were going now in the closing minutes of SB36 rather than play it safe and go to OT"

Weis wasnt on a short leash and made 2nd half adjustments countless times unlike now. For some reason NE struggles to score points in the 2nd half of big games: NYJ, Indy, NO.

If Weis came back it would make a huge difference because BB would have less on his plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft