PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Records, Another BB Edge & Recruiting Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My theory is this... I think that BB uses 'records' like Testaverde's TD, Flutie's drop kick, and now Moss & co as a recruiting tool for prospective free agents. Think about it, "Come play for us and we'll get you the career benchmarks (rings, whatever) and immortality you want. All these FAs are multi-millionaires. Give 'em something they want and can't get elsewhere. Remember this is a HC who got his @$$ in trouble trying to get a slight edge filming and understanding the psyche of opposing DCs. Bill is creative and always pushing the envelope.

We will see this team use all reasonable means to (1) go 16-0, (2) get Moss, et. al. their immortality fix tonite.

My theory is this... I think that BB uses 'records' like Testaverde's TD, Flutie's drop kick, and now Moss & co as a recruiting tool for prospective free agents. Think about it, "Come play for us and we'll get you the career benchmarks (rings, whatever) and immortality you want. All these FAs are multi-millionaires. Give 'em something they want and can't get elsewhere. Remember this is a HC who got his @$$ in trouble trying to get a slight edge filming and understanding the psyche of opposing DCs. Bill is creative and always pushing the envelope.

We will see this team use all reasonable means to (1) go 16-0, (2) get Moss, et. al. their immortality fix tonite.

I totally disagree. I don't believe the hype with personal records. Doesn't that go against the team philosophy.

I agree about team records, namely Superbowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST