PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread REACTIONS: Preseason Game 1: NE vs HOU

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Guessing Juju, Parker, Bourne, Douglas are 100% locks. Bourne slightly less so because I feel like there's a small chance he could get traded. Thornton and Boutte are jockeying for the 5th slot - you'd have to guess Thornton has the edge due to draft status but if Boutte is somehow showing more promise in practice, they might want to trade Thornton. No one else has Thornton's speed though, unfortunately. Then Malik would be the "6th" WR who is also the 3rd QB, and Bill has carried 3 QBs about half the time, so it lessens the pain of having so many WRs. Though I guess that makes Slater the "7th"...

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

I hate some of the questions these reporters ask.

"Jalen, we saw you out there playing with a lot of energy, why was that, were you trying to set an example for some of the young players?"

What's he gonna say to that? No? You basically asked and answered your own question, he doesn't really have much room to respond. Makes for an awkward exchange.

At least all the Zappe fans will disappear.
But the bigger problem is how bad our 2nd string OL is. Mac might not look any better unless all the starters get healed quick.

On the plus side - our D should be very good. CG had a few mistakes, but overall good. And White is legit.

But the bigger problem is how bad our 2nd string OL is. Mac might not look any better unless all the starters get healed quick.

On the plus side - our D should be very good. CG had a few mistakes, but overall good. And White is legit.
And Cunningham is Lamar Jackson 2.0 lol.

Third string. I’m not saying our second string is that much better, but they started the third string out there tonight.

Probably over 1000 posts on here saying "Can't judge Mac based on the entire last season" but one preseason ~half with Zappe behind that oline and he's done?

The sad thing is that Zappe is better equipped than Mac to play behind a **** OL.

Trent Brown, Strange, Andrews, Onwenu better stay healthy once they get healthy.

Guessing Juju, Parker, Bourne, Douglas are 100% locks. Bourne slightly less so because I feel like there's a small chance he could get traded. Thornton and Boutte are jockeying for the 5th slot - you'd have to guess Thornton has the edge due to draft status but if Boutte is somehow showing more promise in practice, they might want to trade Thornton. No one else has Thornton's speed though, unfortunately. Then Malik would be the "6th" WR who is also the 3rd QB, and Bill has carried 3 QBs about half the time, so it lessens the pain of having so many WRs. Though I guess that makes Slater the "7th"...
Don' t need Thornton's speed when your only passing plays are 3 yard outs and 3 yard hitches.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back