PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens issue statement that they didn't tip off colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crux of the issue is that NFL Officials are very loosey-goosey with gameday footballs.

BAL's complaint indirectly helps the Pats IMO.

Last edited:
For all we know the Ravens held back on a second text or email where they mention deflation.

I do believe that kickers prep/ rub the balls down once they get on to the field just not pregame like QBs.

I_fd4e78_2509551.jpg

For all we know the Ravens held back on a second text or email where they mention deflation.

I do believe that kickers prep/ rub the balls down once they get on to the field just not pregame like QBs.
No. They DESTROYED their phones and email server.

Riddle:
How many coaching staffs are needed to beat Bill Belichick and the NE Patriots?
Answer:
More than 31

I think the colts gained a competitive advantage by preparing their own Kicking balls used in the AFC Championsgip game; somethinging their opponent was not allowed to do. An investigation should be compulsory to protect the integrity of the game.
Bingo.

Does Bisciotti still think Godell is doing an excellent job now?

How many other owners still think this can't happen to them?

Statement:
RAVENS DENY TIPPING OFF COLTS
i

The team released a statement: "Prior to the AFC Championship Game, no one from the Ravens talked to the Colts about deflated footballs. We knew nothing of deflated footballs. John Harbaugh has been consistent in his answers to reporters about this since he was first asked on NBC-TV at the Super Bowl."

60b6d3281ac26ff08fdae2c449bd1977b68600cf_full.jpg

That's how I read it as well.... the Ravens talked about getting the right balls for the kicking game, then the Colts guy added another concern about the Pats deflating balls. 2 different things, so the Ravens may actually be able to skate on this one. At least as to whether or not they tipped off Colts about Pats.

Yup. If you read it carefully, basically this.

I know I can't find this story but there is one out there about a Ravens kicker who said the ball is always hard as a rock in the cold, and contrary to what his coaches said, he actually wants the ball deflated when he kicks so it isn't like a rock. He contradicted his coaches. Can't find the article now.

Surely the Colts are going against the spirit of the game and (further) ruining the integrity of the game by trying to throw the Ravens into a situation they didn't know about and then causing this nonsense with the Patriots as a result?

They're the only team deserving of punsient here.

Owners still silent but I gotta believe we are nearing critical mass to wake the crickets. NFL PR is in a death spiral.

So is this why the NFE wanted the transcript sealed? So that they could protect their buddy Ravens? Because integrity...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-didnt-tell-colts-about-deflated-footballs/

Well they claim they talked about kicking balls not deflated footballs which is the same as what sullivan said.

Seems like Baltimore is just being very, very literal in order to cover their asses. When the next email gets made public that directly references deflated footballs will the Ravens come and make a statement saying "While the email said deflated footballs it did not say Tom Brady deflated footballs."

Kicking balls my arse! You can bet that the Ravolts didn't have to turn over their phones or the **** would have hit the fan. My bet is the NFL doesn't want to know what their transgressions are as they are part of the NFL conspiracy (no tin hat, btw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes