PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens fans pulling NO Respect Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you live Ivan?

I bet I can cherry-pick a long list of social and legal injustices from wherever has the misfortune to house the likes of you and combine them with a string of pejorative hyperbole and make it seem like a real slimy place to live as well.

Actually, don't tell me where you live. I probably have a good idea. I'm sure you move to wherever Welker is living at the moment. Stalking made easier.

He's joking.

Atlanta wins that one heads down (strange that Smith hasn't fired the team up on that yet).

Atlanta 95%
Ravens 30%
Patriots 25%
49ers 0%

Yeah, but Atlanta desurves to be disrespected.

Prop-Joe.jpg

Prop Joe actually died today at the age of 52

Where do you live Ivan?

I bet I can cherry-pick a long list of social and legal injustices from wherever has the misfortune to house the likes of you and combine them with a string of pejorative hyperbole and make it seem like a real slimy place to live as well.

You want the truth?????

You can't handle the truth!!!!

I made that up all by myself.

Where do you live Ivan?

You have to ask me nicely. You see, Danny, I can deal with the bullets and the bombs and the blood. I don't want money and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that ******y white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some f.cking courtesy! You gotta ask me nicely.

To me trolls come on and make irrational comments. I welcome fans from other teams as long as they are here to be rational and respectful.
Not necessarily. Here is a good example of a lucid troll.

Where do you live Ivan?

Actually, don't tell me where you live. I probably have a good idea.

Yes Danny, there are many injustices where I live.And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you," Re-signed Welker, and went on your way.

Prop-Joe.jpg

Prop Joe actually died today at the age of 52

That really is a shame, he was great on The Wire. he was a theatre professor who found the girl who played Snoop. She really was a gang banger and scary good in that role.

I don't consider myself a troll but I am a Ravens fan. I applied for membership on Monday and didn't get approved until this morning, so, if that was the norm this week, maybe that's why there haven't been many Balt fans posting.

My hometown has a bit of an Inferiority Complex, so the "no respect" card is a usual player in our deck. Being so close to DC, we feel overlooked, no doubt similar to your rivalry with NY. The only disrespect that I personally notice is from the oddsmakers (couldn't care less what the talking heads have to say, honestly), and I think that is one of the few off-the-field things that the Ravens players see and get fired up about. They knew they were big 'dogs at Denver, and felt dissed because of it. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it's a moot point.

If it's any comfort, people in DC can't stand DC... they all want to party in Baltimore. Seriously.

Did you order the code red?

yes danny, there are many injustices where i live.and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that i provide, and then questions the manner in which i provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you," re-signed welker, and went on your way.

Did you order the code red?

Your Goddamn right i ordered it, and if they don't pay Welker i'll order it again. We'll see how much Bob Kraft likes a sock dipped in thai chili sauce duct taped to his mouth.

I don't consider myself a troll but I am a Ravens fan. I applied for membership on Monday and didn't get approved until this morning, so, if that was the norm this week, maybe that's why there haven't been many Balt fans posting.

My hometown has a bit of an Inferiority Complex, so the "no respect" card is a usual player in our deck. Being so close to DC, we feel overlooked, no doubt similar to your rivalry with NY. The only disrespect that I personally notice is from the oddsmakers (couldn't care less what the talking heads have to say, honestly), and I think that is one of the few off-the-field things that the Ravens players see and get fired up about. They knew they were big 'dogs at Denver, and felt dissed because of it. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it's a moot point.

Sorry for the long wait.. Probably because we just went through some hardware upgrades after some issues during the divisional game...

Glad to have you here. You definitely aren't like other Ravens fans I've run into. And that's a good thing.

I mean, honestly, Baltimore (and the wider state of Maryland) aren't necessarily choice places to live. I try to keep out of that discussion though, unless I'm dealing with a troll. BMann doesn't seem like a troll to me. :confused2:

Baltimore gives the state of MD a bad rap. The state as a whole is a great state to live in. The county I live in (Howard) is the fifth highest income per household in the country. Five other counties in the state is in the top 25. Our public school system is ranked the highest in the country and real estate stayed relatively high compared to the rest of the country even during the economic collapse.

Everyone thinks of the Wire when they hear Baltimore, but the state as a whole is completely different.

Everyone thinks of the Wire when they hear Baltimore, but the state as a whole is completely different.

That's just weird, get a life people.

Not all of us are trolls. Fact of the matter is, I can pick and choose threads on your board where fans post silly things.

The same is true for fans of any team. Let's face it, 80% of people on every teams message boards say silly things or have big time homerism. It's just the way it is. Of course when a team is winning a lot you will see more people full of themselves vs a team that loses a lot where you will see more people saying the team has no chance etc. Some differences but always idiots on every board, pats and ravens boards are no exception. That's why I try to just brush off things like that when I read other teams message boards and just try to see if someone posted anything interesting to read.

The same is true for fans of any team. Let's face it, 80% of people on every teams message boards say silly things or have big time homerism. It's just the way it is. Of course when a team is winning a lot you will see more people full of themselves vs a team that loses a lot where you will see more people saying the team has no chance etc. Some differences but always idiots on every board, pats and ravens boards are no exception. That's why I try to just brush off things like that when I read other teams message boards and just try to see if someone posted anything interesting to read.

Very true.

Scrolling through the posts here, I see an awful lot of confidence about tomorrow's game. Duh, it's a Pats Board! What should I expect? The Ravens fans on the board I frequent are pretty confident, too. I think a big part of that is just leftover excitement from last week's thrilling win - you experience something like that and you think your team is unbeatable. Which is why I thought the line was so crazy when the Ravens opened as like 9.5-point dogs. Now it seems to have settled around 8, which is more like what I expected (I figured it would be around 7.5).

Anyway, yeah, it's hard to defend Baltimore the city. But I did mention that our biggest rival is DC, and I do think Balt is head and shoulders above that hellhole! I've never been to Boston, so can't say much about y'all's town. From what I've heard, it's a blast to visit, though. And Baltimore can be, too, if you're with someone who knows the town.

The Ravens fans are a lot like the Jets fans only with a better team. They are really into the team and the game. I have been reading their board all week and so many times I wanted to get on there and argue with them but I realize it is their board and they are homers just like we are. The only thing I didn't understand about the game is the point spread. It is way to high it will be close but the Pats take it. I hope.

Where do you live Ivan?

Actually, don't tell me where you live. I probably have a good idea. I'm sure you move to wherever Welker is living at the moment. Stalking made easier.

I never watched the Wire.

I hereby humbly apologize to Ivan. This is the kind of humor I would love and exactly the kind of thing I might have written -if only I was getting the references.

Next you'll be telling me that my Congressman, Sergeant Nicholas Brody is a terrorist.. :rolleyes:

My hometown has a bit of an Inferiority Complex, so the "no respect" card is a usual player in our deck. Being so close to DC, we feel overlooked, no doubt similar to your rivalry with NY.

Ask Rex Ryan about not being respected in NY.

Baltimore gives the state of MD a bad rap. The state as a whole is a great state to live in. The county I live in (Howard) is the fifth highest income per household in the country. Five other counties in the state is in the top 25. Our public school system is ranked the highest in the country and real estate stayed relatively high compared to the rest of the country even during the economic collapse.

I've never heard of the Wire, but I'm pretty familiar with Maryland, having grown up in Virginia. I do know there are nice places there, but even then the taxes are very high and the level of police corruption seems pretty high, which is saying something, considering I live in Connecticut right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News