PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking The Teams That Get Hurt The Most In A Lockout (Patriots 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Pats are near the bottom of Rotoworld's Greg Rosenthal's rankings for teams to suffer from a Lockout while the Dolphins are ranked as the highest AFCE team to suffer consequences.

Who gets hurt in a lockout? - Offseason Low Down - Rotoworld.com

I would put Buffalo at the top of the AFCE lockout worries since this is a team that was getting a bit better by the end of the year and players were just starting to mesh a little bit better and its also Gailey's second year to try and improve his team that he should have a better grasp of.

Last edited:
Agree with Colts, Packers virtually unaffected as their FAs are in effect their returning IRed wounded who know the system.

The Pats will be hurt by a lockout because most of us are relying on contributions from a stellar draft class, a class that will not have a preseason to learn the NFL in a lockout scenario.

Perhaps this is overly simplistic but I would think the teams that would be hurt most by a lockout would be the eight teams with new head coaches, followed by whichever teams have new quarterbacks. A new head coach trying to install a new offensive or defensive scheme is always difficult during the first year, but attempting to do that in an offseason with a prolonged lockout is a recipe for disaster.

Teams with aging superstar QBs are disproportionately affected in my opinion.

I guess that list is as good as any, since they would all depend on the criteria used. Putting the best organizations at the bottom makes a lot of sense.

If we get beyond a lockout and into missing a good part of the season, then both the Colts and Pats, with aging franchise QB's, would move well toward the top of the list. I defy anyone to tell me that Washington's 1982 SB win, after a nine game regular season, doesn't have a big old * next to it in the minds of most fans, as does Theismann's ring out of that win.

Last edited:
Actually I think that teams that will be hurt the most will be those that have a lot of undisciplined players; e. g. players that cannot be trusted to work out on their own and stay sharp. Seems like Oakland would be the most vulnerable but teams with losing records and poor prospects might also be at higher risk.

If you look at the Patriots from this perspective ... I would think that they will do better than most teams. Most of their players are very disciplined and hopefully only a few will screw up. You also have to wonder if those players who skipped the off-season workouts in previous years and got injured will have learned....

I think the three teams who would benefit (if you can benefit from something like this) most would be the Patriots, Colts, and Saints. If you have a great QB-Coach combo (except for Indy) and you have a formulaic system that has stayed the same for at least five years (ten for the Pats) then you're set up for long term success.

I would agree with the Steelers and Packers.

However, in 2008, the media spent the entire season making excuses about Manning's poor play based solely on the fact he missed training camp.

They SHOULD be least affected. However, if 2008 excuses were legit, they are definately not the least affected.

i don't really like the idea of Brady missing another year considering his age....2008 was enough for my liking.Then again a year off might be good for just healing and might benefit him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back