PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randle EL in 06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
Just reading a article from the Pittsburg Post Gazette come across this. How much do you think it will cost to sign him?
Their two biggest unrestricted free agents will be receiver Antwaan Randle El and free safety Chris Hope, and both will attract many suitors. Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for example, loves Randle El and his versatility, and his team likely will make him a nice offer. Another problem for the Steelers, besides their salary cap, is the amount of money they have invested in receivers after Hines Ward earned the largest signing bonus in club history in September and Wilson's salary-cap number more than doubles this year

Randle El is popular with the fans..but even they (fans) don't think he is worth anything near Ward money. Prevailing thought among the fans and sports "talk guys" in Pittsburgh is that El is, at best, a #3 receiver who runs back punts and can throw a pass on gadget plays. They would much rather see the Steelers spend some $ for a big #2 reciever to complement Ward.

Personally..I think Chris Hope would make more sense for the Pats

Prediction: Pats and Steelers "trade" Randle El for Givens (through free agent signings).

shakadave said:
Prediction: Pats and Steelers "trade" Randle El for Givens (through free agent signings).

I'd take Givens over ARE. Givens is a true WR, ARE isn't. Trust me, you guys don't want Randle El, I love the guy, he has a great attitude but isn't really a true WR and is pretty inconsistent with catching the ball. Someone will probably end up overpaying for him and it won't be the Steelers. You guys better hope it's not the Pats either.

shakadave said:

We wouls have gotten a huge shaft on that deal.

Givens is a legit #2.

El is a special teamer and #3. Not close to Givens.

Even if we had Givens signed and the oportunity to take El or Andre Davis, I take Andre Davis.

Steel77 said:
I'd take Givens over ARE. Givens is a true WR, ARE isn't. Trust me, you guys don't want Randle El, I love the guy, he has a great attitude but isn't really a true WR and is pretty inconsistent with catching the ball. Someone will probably end up overpaying for him and it won't be the Steelers. You guys better hope it's not the Pats either.

That is exactly how I see it. I would be shocked if the Pats went after him.

I take it with a grain of salt everytime some "news" organization says the Pats might be interested in a certain player.

So far the Pats have been interested in everyone from Edgerin James, to El, to Townsend.

The Pats have never ever signed a player some media outlet claimed they were interested in. At least not during the BB era.

Will not happen. Pats would sign him if the price were right. But the price won't be.

El has his ring so there is no more incentive for him to take less money be on a contender. And he had that in Pitt anyway.

I don't theink the Pats or Steelers will pony up the kind of dough some dumbass organization will!

NOWAKJOE said:
Just reading a article from the Pittsburg Post Gazette come across this. How much do you think it will cost to sign him?
Their two biggest unrestricted free agents will be receiver Antwaan Randle El and free safety Chris Hope, and both will attract many suitors. Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for example, loves Randle El and his versatility, and his team likely will make him a nice offer. Another problem for the Steelers, besides their salary cap, is the amount of money they have invested in receivers after Hines Ward earned the largest signing bonus in club history in September and Wilson's salary-cap number more than doubles this year

There's been a few threads on Randle El coming to NE and my feeling has not changed. I don't want to ever see him in a Patriots jersey. Unless he's sitting in the stands.

sarge said:
I don't expect the Patriots to offer him silly money but I absolutely expect them to inquire. Randal El is the type of player Belichick likes, athletic, can make people miss, versatile.

sarge said:

I take it with a grain of salt everytime some "news" organization says the Pats might be interested in a certain player.

So far the Pats have been interested in everyone from Edgerin James, to El, to Townsend.

The Pats have never ever signed a player some media outlet claimed they were interested in. At least not during the BB era.

Will not happen. Pats would sign him if the price were right. But the price won't be.

El has his ring so there is no more incentive for him to take less money be on a contender. And he had that in Pitt anyway.

I don't theink the Pats or Steelers will pony up the kind of dough some dumbass organization will!

That's not accurate. There were reports on espn.com, among other media outlets, the Pats were interested in Colvin when he came on board. A week or so later he signed.

That said, Randle El does nothing for me.

OOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooooo...Steeler fan issuing warnings......OOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOooo....scarrrrrrrrrrRRRRY

Joker said:
OOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooooo...Steeler fan issuing warnings......OOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOooo....scarrrrrrrrrrRRRRY

Are you referring to Steel77?? I think his comments are on target.

SoonerPatriot said:
That's not accurate. There were reports on espn.com, among other media outlets, the Pats were interested in Colvin when he came on board. A week or so later he signed.

That said, Randle El does nothing for me.

That stuff popped up when they were already talking (a couple days prior to the signing) and it was a local writer (Curren) I believe

tdw777 said:
Are you referring to Steel77?? I think his comments are on target.

I think I'll read and listen to Patriots fans and THEIR opinions...and I think I'll summarily dismiss anything written by a Stealer fan, off their performance on this board all year

Thanks,

a concerned Patriot fan of over 40 years

Joker said:
I think I'll read and listen to Patriots fans and THEIR opinions...and I think I'll summarily dismiss anything written by a Stealer fan, off their performance on this board all year

Thanks,

a concerned Patriot fan of over 40 years

And I'm not listening to any AFSt!ink opinions. You have won your last SB. Hasselbeck will see to that.

SEA HAWKER said:
And I'm not listening to any AFSt!ink opinions. You have won your last SB. Hasselbeck will see to that.

I would like to give you a big cup of...Shut The Phuck Up.

I mean...your team is LUCKY to even make it to the superbowl. LUCKY. The ONLY thing that I would want from your team...is the OLine. Everything else isn't that good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News