PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick Observation: It's Samuel not Samuels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
All too often do I hear TV analysts, people on the streets, and even in game commentators referring to him as “Samuels”.

And no, not just when using his name in a possessive form such as “Samuel’s pick really helped there!” but in such situations as “A great pick by Samuels!”

Yes, I know this isn’t really that big of a deal, but it kind of irritates me.

Phil Simms sucks.

All too often do I hear TV analysts, people on the streets, and even in game commentators referring to him as “Samuels”.

And no, not just when using his name in a possessive form such as “Samuel’s pick really helped there!” but in such situations as “A great pick by Samuels!”

Hardly as bad as many of the names you routinely hear mispronounced by announcers. I hardly think it's meant to be a slight, certain announcers are just more careless than others with getting the names exactly right.

Dude, I 100% agree with you! I hate it so much when they say Samuels. And for whatever reason it seems like every one of those mediots is doing it now!

Lighten up, Volantes.

Yeah this got on my nerves today too.

I don't really care much about that. My bigger problem has to do with Jim Nantz's uncanny ability to jinx. Anytime he starts rattling off stats, I cringe.

Phil Simms sucks.

IMO, Simms & Nance are usually among the best, but not tonight. (What was that bit about Tedy Bruschi being able to get the job done despite being "small for an MLB"???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back