PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question: best ex-Practice squader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also had revolving door ORT's. One thing I think Neal is really good at is blocking in space like on screen type plays and pulling out. He rarely misses and sometimes has blocked 2 guys at once.
Watch Tommy on QB sneeks, the vast majority go to the right.

Actually, considering that the Pats have developed Gorin, Hocstein, Yates, and Ashworth through the practice squad, I'm not sure you can say that they have a minimal impact. Without Ashworth and Hochstein, we don't win SB38. Without Gorin, we don't win SB 39.

Now, please don't mis-read what I just said. I am not saying that they are THE reason we won. However, without them on the team, we don't win because they stepped in and helped this team when we had the injuries on the O-line.

I was going to say the same thing. we've passed a lot of affordable OLinemen through the practice squad.

If Alexander works out, that's another.

Basically, guys that can use the time to learn.

Last edited:
Mediocre = average = solid.

When you look at how the RBs fare running to his side, they don't get to 4 YPC.

I have to say that Neal is doing better in his Pass Blocking, but I still say he's about average for a RG.

Have to disagree. He is a devastating run blocker, and as was pointed out, is excellent on screens. I'd say he's FAR better than average.

He's also had revolving door ORT's. One thing I think Neal is really good at is blocking in space like on screen type plays and pulling out. He rarely misses and sometimes has blocked 2 guys at once.

And other times, he's tripped over himself and taken out the leg of a receiver...

Neal has also been injured some. But for the most part solid. Not spectacular.

Are you are relative, an agent or a former coach?

I don't think any one else would call Neal a "devastating run blocker".

Don't get me wrong. He's our current and future RG, and I'm happy we extended him, but devastating he is NOT.

Have to disagree. He is a devastating run blocker, and as was pointed out, is excellent on screens. I'd say he's FAR better than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST