Q and A With Former Patriot Jarvis Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Q and A With Former Patriot Jarvis Green
By: Mike Procopio

Here’s the complete transcript of my recent interview with former Patriot, Jarvis Green. Green was drafted in the fourth round (126th overall) by the New England Patriots in the 2002 NFL Draft, and played with the Patriots from 2002 to 2009....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: QandA With Former Patriot Jarvis Green

QandA With Former Patriot Jarvis Green
By: Mike Procopio

Some thoughts on today's top stories....

Nice stuff, Mike. Thanks for linking to that interview.

Jarvis was always a solid, well-prepared player and he helped out a lot up here, both with the team and in the community.

His insight about the Texans' locker room speaks volumes about how well run the Patriots organization is.

V/R

Thanks. He is as down to earth as they come. Honestly, any of the guys I've met Logan, Dan, Matt, Vince, BHoyer, all salt of the earth kinda guys and you'd never know they are who they are, outside of their size, well other than Hoyer, he is about my size.

Hopefully we can do more of these as time goes on.

Nice stuff, Mike. Thanks for linking to that interview.

Jarvis was always a solid, well-prepared player and he helped out a lot up here, both with the team and in the community.

His insight about the Texans' locker room speaks volumes about how well run the Patriots organization is.

V/R

Mike actually was the one who interviewed him. It was definitely a good read, lots of good quotes by Green, including this one:

“These young players don’t have a clue how hard it used to be, and how easy they have it now.”

I actually got chills at one point when he was talking about team meetings before big games and how Rodney, Tedy, Sey, Mike Vrabel and himself would all be so focused on what the goal was and how they were a family, a band of brothers almost. I could hear the passion in his voice of how close those guys were. They may not have been superstars, but they played together like they were

Thanks very much for this.

I have a LOT of respect for Jarvis Green from whatever I've heard about him and it's great to hear news of him again.

I'm sorry, though, that you didn't ask him about Mashy Hill. If I recall correctly, Jarvis did a lot to look after Mashy after his father's passing (took him into his home). I'm sure that I'm not the only fan who hasn't forgotten Marquise and who wonders how Mashy's doing.

Bump.

Not sure why some folks here are paying more attention to some of the less stellar threads, and less attention to interviews like this one.

Great interview, and very cool to get updates on how's he doing. Well done!

Kudos where its due, Mike - I enjoyed the interview.

Well thought out questions - gave an excellent insight into the 'Band Of Brothers' mentality that Belichick tries to encourage.

5 stars.

I actually got chills at one point when he was talking about team meetings before big games and how Rodney, Tedy, Sey, Mike Vrabel and himself would all be so focused on what the goal was and how they were a family, a band of brothers almost. I could hear the passion in his voice of how close those guys were. They may not have been superstars, but they played together like they were
Just a heads up, in the article it says Mike WRIGHT, which seemed odd, here you said Mike VRABEL. You may have a typo.

Mike,

I got the same feeling, because what he describes is very much like the guys I flew with in the Navy. Coach Belichick's team philosophy was VERY much influenced by his experiences with his father in and around the Naval Academy. The whole "do your job" comes straight out of the environment I lived in while an aircrewman. Yes, we familiarized ourselves with the jobs that others were responsible for on the crew, so as to be flexible if someone got hurt, but our over-riding emphasis was on our own position and equipment: our job.

There was an atmosphere of professionalism in the squadrons, and and among the crews, and we trained hard together, and also hung out together when deployed, and often at home. When i hear about all the O-line or the D-line going out to dinner together, of getting together for this or that, that's the same thing that was going on within each aircrew.

What I am getting at is that what Jarvis talks about rings so true and reflects my own military experience, and when you look at Coach Belichick's background, you can see exactly where this all started, and why it works in New England's locker room.

I always found Jarvis an impressive person. I remember that he was working at Rolls Royce during the off season, it was interesting to learn he was picking the brain of the CFO and learning skills he is putting to use now with his own business. This separates him from many athletes who don't think about life after their sport. He will have a very successful post football life. Good for him

Nice job Mike.

Interesting that he mentioned Mike Wright as one of the leaders. Didn't know that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes