PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PSA: Pats went 12-4 without Revis, Browner, and Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
2013: Wilfork got injured in September. Yes, we had Talib back then, but you get the point. Collins and (Logan) Ryan were rookies, as was the Punter R. Allen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talib was a legit number 1 corner, you can't just handwave that away. We saw what happened when he went down in Denver.

No but our punter has a couple more years under his belt. Our Punter!

Lol. Word on the street is he's been working hard in the offseason, this could be his break out year, might be a real game changer. (Sorry Allen, you do good stuff)

I agree with the logic of the OP, although I'm not sure why Allen was included? Do I need another coffee or something?

Heck, we went to a Super Bowl with guys like Arrington, Sergio Brown, and Josh Barrett starting games in our secondary, and even used Edelman at times at corner.

And we won it all in 2004 without Law and Poole for most of the season, playing guys like Gay and Troy Brown.

We'd be a better team with Revis at $12M, sure. But I'm not ready to waive the white flag because he's not here. We've won a lot of games without him, or anyone close to him.

I don't understand this argument. I have yet to see one person say that we will have a 6-10 season or not have a good regular season now because revis *or browner or wilfork* is gone. We all know the patriots roll out of bed and get 12 or so wins every year regardless.

Lol. Word on the street is he's been working hard in the offseason, this could be his break out year, might be a real game changer. (Sorry Allen, you do good stuff)

Word on the street is he also found a best friend now that Vereen has made the step up.

I'll go one better... in 2011... Pats are one dropped pass away from a SB win... and here was their defensive roster:

Defensive linemen

Linebackers
Defensive backs

Kind of makes you appreciate BB and TB... who I believe are both still on the team. ;)

In the AFC Championship game against the Ravens... Sterling Moore made the play of the game breaking up a TD catch. And we had Julian Edelman covering Anquan Boldin for large parts of the game.

Maybe we should sign Sterling Moore, he's available again. Knows the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call