PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Proof that most of the NFL fans in our country have low football IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
2s17t3n.jpg

People (Majority) from New England and The North West seem to be the only ones with a brain. Any one who has watched Seyton over the years knows that his performance in the Playoffs is inversely proportional to his Regular season success. Since he had a stellar reg season and won the MVP by a huge margin was there ever a doubt that he was going to lay a huge egg tonight??????

Re: Proof that most of the NFL fans in our country are DUMB

It just proves they were wrong about this game...not that they are dumb.

Ok .. I take back my words for all the states except NJ and NY :D

LOL the San Francisco Bay area knew the Niners/Seahawk game would be tougher than the Super Bowl would be for the winner. Both teams were playing well, they were at home and it was the third game between two of the best defenses in the league.

The majority of most people in general are dumbasses. I never once voted for the Donks.

Apparently the oceans are pretty dense too :D

Funny thing is I bet a lot of people saw the map and went ... "Pfft. Typical bitter jealous New England fans. Voting with emotion instead of brains"

Funny thing is I bet a lot of people saw the map and went ... "Pfft. Typical bitter jealous New England fans. Voting with emotion instead of brains"
Of course. I immediately had the same thought.

It proves they buy into the media generated media hype about manning

That's exactly what that vote was about. :D

People in the Northwest were obviously going to pick Seattle, because they were really good and they're the local guys. People in the Northeast, on top of really hoping that Manning lays an egg (or is just, you know, HIMSELF), also have a unique perspective on record breaking offenses getting stalled in the Super Bowl. I think the rest of the country looked at that Denver offense and said "It can't be stopped!" We, unfortunately, know better.

It proves they buy into the media generated media hype about manning
Sure, give the Mannings credit. They have managed to cause the American sporting fandom and many, many media members to look past things such as Peyton's teabagging the Tennessee female trainer, Eli kicking and screaming like a toddler deprived of his rattle and pacifier in refusing to go to San Diego and Daddy Archie choreographing that infantile episode. They are masters of aw-shucks self-promotion and almost nothing negative ever sticks to them. As a case in point, consider last-week's front-page story about Eli and the Giants knowingly selling fake equipment memorabilia as genuine. As I predicted at the time, the story went nowhere. Imagine a scenario in which Richard Sherman and the Seahawks or Tom Brady and the Patriots were accused of the same thing. I rest my case, Your Honor.

The fact that it is an ESPN poll makes me somewhat leery of the data they're trying to present.

Yea i saw this coming not manning has bad playoff history. SF and Grungeville are faster stronger more physical more talented PERIOD. almost as important they were healthy. We can relate to t. If Denver had a healthy Clady Wolfe Miller DRC Harris Vickerson and their safetys it would have been different. Not saying that they would have won,just competitive. Wilson wouldnt have run away from miller and Wolf like that. YeahDRC and Harris would have covered tighter and Clady would have neutralized a de by himself allowing other Dlineman to be doubled. YeahBut i dont care bout other teams. Just to take a peak at the monsters we are hunting this offseason. ThEy have work to do. Cuz Seattle SF and Denver aren't going away. Not to mention other up and coming young talented teams. We have some young talent but they need that dominant pass rusher and bulldozing guard. Cordy Glenn would have been nice instead of useless slow Hightower.

People in the Northwest were obviously going to pick Seattle, because they were really good and they're the local guys. People in the Northeast, on top of really hoping that Manning lays an egg (or is just, you know, HIMSELF), also have a unique perspective on record breaking offenses getting stalled in the Super Bowl. I think the rest of the country looked at that Denver offense and said "It can't be stopped!" We, unfortunately, know better.
If it was Pats vs Seattle ,then except NE the rest of the nation would have picked the Hawks

If it was Pats vs Seattle ,then except NE the rest of the nation would have picked the Hawks

I get what you're saying and you're probably right, but it's not an apples to apples comparison. This year's Pats weren't the highest scoring offense of all time. I bet if the 07 Pats were playing this year's Seattle team, a good chunk of the nation would pick the Pats (probably not the unanimity they did for Manning, but still).

I get what you're saying and you're probably right, but it's not an apples to apples comparison. This year's Pats weren't the highest scoring offense of all time. I bet if the 07 Pats were playing this year's Seattle team, a good chunk of the nation would pick the Pats (probably not the unanimity they did for Manning, but still).
The 07 Pats are probably the most talented team that was also the most hated in any specific year, That was the year of SPYGATE, and also that year we demolished opposing defenses ruthlessly. No way that team gets more votes than the 2013 Broncos

Even if New England fans weren't the most skeptical of all NFL fans RE: Manning, you'd think that the whole all-time great passing offense up against a maniacally physical defense in the Super Bowl would have set off alarm bells to go with the D.

Also, Russell Wilson played perfectly within himself, which really isn't much of a surprise either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3