Welcome to PatsFans.com

Prisco's newest off-season Power Rankings

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Apr 5, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

If your consuming coffee or an adult beverage or something, please swallow before clicking this link. You simply will not believe where Ol' Petey has the Patriots listed. :D I expected something much different.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9357254/rss
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw this too.
  3. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

OMG! I can't believe my eyes. :eek:
  4. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And his man crush on the Colts continues. He's way off the mark about James leaving Indy. Huge, huge loss. They'll figure that out by Week 3.
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

How can that be?

We have done nothing during FA. We have lost great players. All the media is questioning that if BB has lost it. People on this board think that we are going to suck because of the FO.

Very, very strange that he would rank us #3. What could he be thinking?:rolleyes:
  6. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

3 New England Patriots 3 :eek:
    They're up in arms in New England because the Patriots haven't spent any money and they have so much cap room. Guess what? The Patriots are being smart as hell again. Don't worry about this group, they'll be just fine :eek:
  7. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

how can anyone be surprised?? Vegas has our beloved Patriots as second favorite to win the SB. Right behind the Colts. The steelers in third. What i m surprised of is how everyone is ALWAYS in love with the biggest choke team in history. How can u favor the colts once again, even after they just lost their stud RB?? I just dont get it. Mannings great but he aint that great. Without a running threat like James, Defenses are going to be teeing off on manning and trying to take his head off. It should be alot of fun to watch.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well, Prisco isn't exactly a Patriots' fan.
  9. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

Concur !

I couldn't have said ir better. Until dethroned the Steelers are Champs. i think they have lost more than us and we had more ot start with but they are the Cahmps.

Off last year's cream puff schedule's results, the Clots have to be a contender. Placing them befoe or after the Patriots makes no difference to me. They were and are still half a team, all O, no D. if anything they have regressed on both sides of the ball, but that is my opinion only.

Behold, a national writer recognizes that BB has lost some age, but he still has a contender and it might actually be getting stronger than any of his other SB editions including the one that set the NFL record for 21 straight...
  10. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Colts may be on the bubble for even getting to the playoffs this year. They face the AFC East, NFC East (hello physical), and Cincinnati and Denver for 10 games of their schedule. Jackonville is not a powerhouse, but may well stack up better against the AFC East and NFC East than the Colts. And Jacksonville will be a tough in-division opponent for the Colts - probably at least a split with the Colts. If the Colts think they are going to get a James replacement in the draft, they are really deluding themselves - and even at best, many (what - 50% or more ?) of the top running back picks are busts.

Is Miami Prisco's new crush ?? (I guess you would make that an orange crush). This guy, for a top spot football pundit, is pretty poor. He gets enamored with hyped teams and players - without any football savvy to know better. Maybe he just spent some recreational time with Ricky Williams ? ! ?

Culpepper is going to cause Miami real fits. No way they finish with the 5th best record.

You probably can't fault Prisco for putting the Steelers in the top spot. But I don't remember him giving the Patriots that kind of sensible rating after their superbowls. I betcha that Cowher is not nearly so confident as Prisco !!
  11. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i agree with prisco, in that the dolphins are going to be a very, very tough team. They finished with a more than decent record last yr. with a younger team and less quality on that roster. The players are all a yr. older. Have added a veteran QB who wants to prove his doubters wrong and he will always keep them playing tough, hard nosed, december type football. After all, that is how the jedi master had taught him.
  12. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

My criticism of his power rankings are that Jax and San Diego are so low. IMO, there is no NFC club that belongs in the top five, and maybe inthe top ten. Even swapping QBs, SD is plenty tough, and Jax is almost fully rebuilt. they were coming on last year.
  13. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Remember that the Vegas odds reflect their best guess at what odds they have to set to cause the bettors en masse to bet in EQUAL numbers on all teams - what the actual strength of the teams might be is a separate issue, only related if the betting fans judgment is sound. The reason the Colts show up so well in the odds is simply because so many fans (including Pete Prisco) are, for whatever unfounded delusional strange reason, in love with the Colts.
  14. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

My criticism of his power rankings are that Jax and San Diego are so low. IMO, there is no NFC club that belongs in the top five, and maybe inthe top ten. Even swapping QBs, SD is plenty tough, and Jax is almost fully rebuilt. they were coming on last year.
  15. aabtec

aabtec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I expect that Miami is going to be much stronger....
  16. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

he is one those guys who wants to build up an expectation and would love to trash the team if it doesnt work out as he predicted. had he ranked the pats a lot lower he wouldnt have much to write like "dynasty is over,BB made a mistake and all that crap"...so he is just thinking of his future columns which could give him more enjoyment to write.
  17. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

All i know is that one of those season-closing wins ... was a gift from his pal Bill ...
    whose second-stringers, led throughout by an inexperienced rookie ... "virtually" tied the game in regulation
    ... after fooling around in the kicking game and perhaps purposely missed the final two-pointer.
  18. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Prisco knows this team thrives on disrespect.

So his ultimate disrespect for this team is to respect them.

In other words, we shoud expect the unexpected with Prisco.

Of course, once we expect the unexpected, it becomes expected, meaning we should not expect it anymore.

Except for the fact that now we're not expecting it anymore, so it IS unexpected and therefore should be expected. Got it? Its actually very simple.
  19. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

:eek: You're right. That bastihd! This disrespect will not stand. :mad:
  20. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Panthers will be in the mix to go to and WIN the Super Bowl and NEVER count out the Eagles. They will win their share of games as well.
  21. nescott

nescott PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Big surprise but Steelers are you kidding they should be about 6
  22. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

holy sh##

didn't expect this out of prisco this year.....good job Pete!!! You are finally getting it!!!
  23. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't get it......

The doofins secondary is a JOKE....their defense overall is questionable......they pick up a QB in Culpepper that is coming off the worst season that he has had......even before the injury....and yes.....he is recovering from a devestating knee injury and is already questionable to start the year...One of their RB by committee members is going to most likely be suspended for the year for flunking his 4th drug test (HE SHOULD BE F$$king banned from the game at this point....what a joke......they won 4 of their last 6 games against teams with 4-12 or worse final records last year,.....stunned Marty in SD....and BARELY beat our friggin scrubs as we laid down for them in Dec (early Merry ($% Christmas Nick........don't expect it again f**ker.......AND....all of a sudden they are SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS? I think Pete has been smoking with Ricky!!!!!!.......they will be a pain in our a$$es like every year....just like the jests will be a pain in there's like always.....for some unknown reason we often struggle against the doofins.....can't figure it out sometimes......because many times we had the talent to blow them off the field....but somehow always let them back in it late......anyways....realistically, Pats should win the division again....followed by doofins....followed by jests.....followed by jills........f' the doofins!!!!!!!
  24. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow that was brilliant. Way to go on the childish bashing. DOOFINS, JESTS, JILLS???? WTF is that about?? Arent we all past those lame ass names by now?
  25. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"Ben Roethlisberger will continue to get better"

You mean better than this? LOL
    ..........................TD int
    02/05 SEA 9-21 123 0 2
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  26. aabtec

aabtec Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No place to go but up...
  27. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

Brilliant! I don't think that Donald Rumsfeld himself could have put it better.
  28. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

The Pats are a much better team just be getting Rodney, Light, and Koppen back healthy. Last I checked Tom Brady was still the QB.

Miami is going to lose Ricky for the year, and Culpepper had Randy Moss and earlier Chris Carter for most of his career. Since they have been gone, his numbers have gone down. He led the world in fumbles playing have his games in a dome. Imagine the fumbles when he has to play in Foxboro, NY, or Buffalo in the winter. They are a .500 team at best.
  29. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

nope.......

great post....very insightful...thanks for taking the time........
  30. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow. Just....wow.