PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 2 NE @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
J-E-S-T 31

Pats 20

Pats settle for early chip-shot FGs on 4th/short;
meanwhile, the Jest score TDs on 2 long drives & on 2 explosive plays.

Last edited:
Patriots 24
Jesters 13

My first thought in response to what you write is, "that's why they play the game." None of us can really tell what Week 1 means for either team.

Brady was rusty (but somehow leads the NFL in passing yards this morning) and the Offense was out of synch all game, until, of course, the end; the D is a work in progress and will be for several more weeks, but the pieces are definitely there...we just won't know what BB has until the unit gels.

On the Jets side, Sanchez showed a lot of poise throughout the game and the pass to Keller towards the end was a big time play, but he also had two other INT's dropped; the D was impressive, but that was one game and against a team that's not going to be in the Playoff hunt come December.

In the Daily News this morning, four of the eight columnists who make weekly predictions picked the Pats to beat the spread, so that's not just a homer perspective.

I'm responding in this thread, which is not supposed to contain arguments about the game but just predictions, because you're an opposition poster who was polite in presenting his views. Otherwise, this is a debate we should be having on Monday morning.

I'll be here.

Pats 24
Jets 9

I just played Madden 10 and kicked the Jets ass. I'm going with my Madden score:
Patriots 45
Jets 16

I had to listen to Cris Collinsworth complain the entire fourth quarter that I was rubbing it in.

Pats: 31
Jets: 17

Last edited:
31-24 Pats

Patriots 31
Jets 16

Pats 35
Jets* 14

Pats 34
Jests 10

Jets 34
Pats 24