PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 2 NE @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you picking blowouts: Why?

New England barely snuck out of Monday Night with a win against the lowly Bills.

New England barely snuck out of Monday Night with a win against the lowly Bills.

Because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. That's why Jets fans exist.

Seriously tho, Brady threw for 378 yards in his first full game in a year and a half. Despite Mayo, the Pats are only going to get better. Sanchez=deer in headlights.

Pats 24, Jets 20

Pats 38 - Jets 14

Because just like every other fan base, there is a portion that are overly optimistic homers.

Nothing wrong with that; I'd say it's a safe bet the same thing can be said about a portion of the fans of every NFL team.

There's probably also a portion that would have predicted a closer game but have seen what often happens when an opponent offers up some bulletin board material for additional motivation (Cowher telling the Steelers to pack their bags for the SB before the AFCCG, Freddie Mitchell in SB 39, Steelers' Anthony Smith, etc.) More often than not it ends badly for those that decide to declare how superior they are prior to a game against the Pats.

Because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. That's why Jets fans exist.

Seriously tho, Brady threw for 378 yards in his first full game in a year and a half. Despite Mayo, the Pats are only going to get better. Sanchez=deer in headlights.

Sorry, I ain't buyin' it. Brady didn't look comfortable for the most part of the game and was off balance on quite a few throws. The Bills were able to get some good pressure on him. I think the Jets can get better pressure on the Brady - and make him look foolish on some select plays [a defensive score for NY wouldn't surprise me]. Now, Brady did flash his brilliance at the end of the game. I still think it might take him a few more weeks to get fully "back" & get the rust off. That's just me. I could be wrong, as you said, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

How will Pats D "only get better"? Seriously. Their defense looks terrible right now. There is no one left other than Wilfork. How will the LB's deal with Leon & the screen game? How will they make "Sanchez = deer in headlights"? Because he certainly wasn't like that Week 1. Please back this up with some thoughts. Your statements just look hollow right now...

Because just like every other fan base, there is a portion that are overly optimistic homers.

Nothing wrong with that; I'd say it's a safe bet the same thing can be said about a portion of the fans of every NFL team.

There's probably also a portion that would have predicted a closer game but have seen what often happens when an opponent offers up some bulletin board material for additional motivation (Cowher telling the Steelers to pack their bags for the SB before the AFCCG, Freddie Mitchell in SB 39, Steelers' Anthony Smith, etc.) More often than not it ends badly for those that decide to declare how superior they are prior to a game against the Pats.

That is true, about it ending badly for those who declare their superiority against New England. However, how much does that crap really matter? Come on. The Patriots were just flat out better than all those teams that talked ****. It doesn't make them focus or concentrate anymore than they would during a normal game -- or I should hope not. The media & fans just like to beef that stuff up. It just comes down to who has the better team. The Pats always have. I'm not sure about that this Sunday.

Last edited:
Patriots - 31
Jets - 21

Pats 28
Jets 24

GO PATS!! Not Fats!!!

That is true, about it ending badly for those who declare their superiority against New England. However, how much does that crap really matter? Come on. The Patriots were just flat out better than all those teams that talked ****. It doesn't make them focus or concentrate anymore than they would during a normal game -- or I should hope not. The media & fans just like to beef that stuff up. It just comes down to who has the better team. The Pats always have. I'm not sure about that this Sunday.
Well what exactly are you trying to say? That because the Pats only beat the Bills by one point that the Jets are now better than the Pats? That the Texans (8-8 last year) are so much better than the Bills (7-9 last year)? Ten days ago the consensus, even among Jets fans, was that the Pats were a vastly superior team. Now based on just one game - that the Pats won and dominated statistically, by the way - the Jets are now not only no longer a sub-.500 team but will also win the division, and the Pats have gone from Super Bowl contenders to missing the playoff entirely?

Want to re-think the finger pointing (or at least alluding to it) of delusional homerism? Or is possible that the talk from Rex, Jenkins and Rhodes has taken your hopes to a level where objectivity is not allowed to enter?

pats 27
big mouths 0

I remember last year's epic fail by the jets after they beat the patriots and the titans.

Pats 24
Jets 10

The patriots wont blow out a rex ryan defense, bb will make adjustments on the defense.

Last edited:
Well what exactly are you trying to say? That because the Pats only beat the Bills by one point that the Jets are now better than the Pats? That the Texans (8-8 last year) are so much better than the Bills (7-9 last year)? Ten days ago the consensus, even among Jets fans, was that the Pats were a vastly superior team. Now based on just one game - that the Pats won and dominated statistically, by the way - the Jets are now not only no longer a sub-.500 team but will also win the division, and the Pats have gone from Super Bowl contenders to missing the playoff entirely?

Want to re-think the finger pointing (or at least alluding to it) of delusional homerism? Or is possible that the talk from Rex, Jenkins and Rhodes has taken your hopes to a level where objectivity is not allowed to enter?

No. We don't know yet who is better. Brady doesn't look like himself & you lost the 2nd best player on your defense. Brady looked tentative all night when he was pressured. He only started to play well when Buffalo went to their ****ty vanilla prevent defense. That defense could make Joey Harrington look good. I want to see what Brady does when he is punched in the mouth [figuratively, for you slow ones]. Let's see what he does against Rex's defense, which he hasn't fared very well against in his career [under 49 percent completions]. Let's see what the Pats defense can do.

I am not sold on the Patriots after one game. You are correct.

I am sold on the Jets. The defense & Sanchez look good.

Call it homerism. It probably is. I still say the Jets win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back