Welcome to PatsFans.com

Potential pickups if this was 2 years ago: Steven Jackson? DeAngelo Williams?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by chasa, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasa

chasa Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -1

#87 Jersey

Think about it, if this was 3 years ago and we didnt have the 3 young backs we currently have(vereen, riddley, bolden)

Steven jackson, and D.Williams(carolina) appear to both be available at firesale prices.

How crazy would these forums be going if we could get one or both of these guys for late round picks.

Do you think 3 years ago BB would have made an offer?
  2. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

Threads talking about "if this was X years ago" aren't really taken too kindly around these parts.:p

But to answer your question, I don't think BB would go for one of these guys. 3 years ago we had Maroney, who was still the 26 pick of the 2006 draft. BB wouldn't give up that kind of money/trade for a top RB since I believe he has other positions he'd rather get depth for. If I know anything about Bill, it's that he loves depth and not the big names.
  3. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Don't want em. Much rather have Ridley.

The pickup I really wanted a couple of years ago is Julius Peppers. He's part of a top end unit in Chicago now.

To their credit, the Pats did woo Peppers in free agency, but it just didn't work out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.