PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most frustrating games i have ever watched..more than the eagles game.

And you can't sit there and say "what if" because it will kill you mentally. It is what it is. Now time for a bit of a break for me.

We better not see yet another Manning fluke their way into winning a SuperBowl

I hope PEDton and that team gets their asses mauled worse than what Seattle did to them

I've maintained the stance that championship teams need to run the ball when it matters. I think the fact that this team was so one dimensional really hurt.

Thought we overcoached . The opening coin toss decision was an indicator. It didnt matter because we stopped them after the half but they clearly were thinking differently probably without reason.

Cannon vs. ALL PRO Von Miller. Who is gonna win? Von Miller most of the time. Why? He's an ALL-PRO. Miller makes most people look like they
Von Miller was today. Week after week after week Cannon does not grade out. Can we admit to that?

(on why not keep in a running back)
Because Denver was rushing 3.

So say you pick up Miler, they still have a huge advantage on you as you have one less receiver. They had 8 guys defending the pass.

No, that was the minority, not the majority of the snaps. They rushed four most of the time, so that isn't a good explanation, in my view. It doesn't matter if you have 5 players running routes if the QB has no time to throw it.

He never had control of the ball. It was an incomplete and anyone who can't see that is a homer idiot.

You clearly don't know what CONTROL is. Amendola CLEARLY had control of the ball with his knee down on the ground. The CBS replay right before the commercial showed it plain as day. You're the idiot here. Not anyone else.

we weren't going to beat carolina with the way their playing.

Panthers are going to decapitate the Broncos.
People said the same today about the pats today. Denver defense is going to be a load for Car.

I'm so upset... this wasn't how this year was supposed to end. After everything we went through... this was not the ending that was supposed to be written!!!

Would be great to have a 1st round pick to use on a much needed RB or tackle, or to trade back

F*cking corrupt league

It's amazing how people are still disrespecting the Denver D-line and LBers by putting all the blame on the Pats O-line being "hot garbage". Hello, people. Denver had the best Defense in the league. Not to mention All-Pro Von Miller. They will make most O-lines look like "hot garbage" unless the O-line is given help. Cannon is what he is. A reserve OT who can come in for an injury, but should never be the starter without help.

I am disappointed that BB and McDaniels pulled an Andy Reid and didn't give Vollmer and Cannon almost any help from the TEs. I'd have had Mike Williams out there mirroring Von Miller every down just to ensure he was doubled. That would almost ensure Brady would have the time needed to hit Edelman, Gronk, Amendola or Martin. That didn't happen and we saw the results.

I have no issue with the pats not going for the FGs twice. Manning could have easily run the clock out on them either time. As it happened, our D stepped up greatly.

I agree, I mean our offense is predicated on 5 wide and we can't help at all? I believe we did that once.

in hindsight this was one of BB worst coached games.

I get that they wanted to "go for the win" but if they kick two field goals instead of turning the ball over on downs, we win this game by 5 points.

Defense did all they could, but this offensive line needs to be completely rehauled.

You're making assumptions. How do you know that after the 1st Field Goal, Manning and Co don't make plays and run out the clock on the Pats? Once that decision is made, everything else about the game changes..

F**king R Allen. That scrub killed the offense in the second quarter when the Broncos build that big lead. Should've kept Z Mesko

Cannon was ATROCIOUS. Everyone was blowing past him like a train. Should've put Andrews at center and Stork at RT. Scrub Cannon managed to get a false start on 4th down. ATROCIOUS.

Not kicking the FG, stupid decision. Could've tried a reverse on those 3rd downs/ 4th downs, or instead of the useless runs.

BB lost this season. WTF was that Miami game? HFA was a must.

Ugghhhhhh. So many missed chances. Damn

Cannon vs. ALL PRO Von Miller. Who is gonna win? Von Miller most of the time. Why? He's an ALL-PRO. Miller makes most people look like they suck..

Which is why it was so puzzling (to me, at least), why we left Miller in so many one-on-one match-ups. It was obvious to any sentient being (and even non-sentient ones) that Cannon was profoundly over-matched. At some point, you have to put a running back or a TE to help out on him.

Hard loss right now and I am still in shock over so many game decisions today starting with taking the ball first.....that decision alone left an uneasy feeling !

I fully understand I lack any realistic perspective on this, being that we won it all last year, and 4 times over this run, so let me just say that I love this team and the following is just the spoiled, ungrateful fan in me, and I deserve all the dislikes I get for this post... But damn I'm pissed off right now. I can accept losing, but not when it's the same exact sh*t year after year.

We obliterate teams for 16 weeks, with an offense that sets records, then we face a good defense in the playoffs and get embarrassed. The o-line plays historically bad. The receivers can't get an inch of separation. The running game is a total non factor. Brady throws multiple ******ed picks.

Seriously, they haven't figured this sh*t out by now? It's the same blueprint. Why can't they adjust to block a 3 or 4 man rush? Why can't they adapt to go over the top when defenses flood the short zones? We're like the football version of Mike Tyson. We look spectacular when you trot out the journeyman opponents, but get bullied when we face legit competition who can't be easily KO'd with wild uppercuts.

I'm not saying we should have put up 30 on Denver or those Giants/Ravens/Jets teams of the past. Great defenses make it tough, I get that. The point is that we always under perform against them compared to a lot of other teams. These teams all put up more points vs Denver this year than we did today: KC (twice), MIN, CLE, IND, a less healthy version of us, PIT, SD. The year we lost to the Jets, we had just destroyed them a few weeks before. In '07 we put up 38 against the Giants in the last game of the regular season.

Seriously, what the hell happens to this team?

He wasn't the only one today, Kline was really bad. We need an upgrade on the interior line very badly!!!
Pats have upgrades on the interior in the form of Tre Jackson and Shaq Mason. Unfortunately Jackson was out and Mason doesn't have a lot of experience pass protecting.. Both were rookies..

You clearly don't know what CONTROL is. Amendola CLEARLY had control of the ball with his knee down on the ground. The CBS replay right before the commercial showed it plain as day. You're the idiot here. Not anyone else.

Yep I thought for sure BB would challenge it. I was shocked Broncos did challenge. Amendola had control and knee down. That's a 1st down.

It's fair for us to just admit it it at this point. We owned the Steelers in the Playoffs in their house. Brady is owned there and it sucks our coaches did not have the fore site. Depressing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes