PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20 but even before the game ended I was not confident in making a 2 point conversion. We should have kicked the field goal on at least one of the 4th down tries earlier in Q4.

On to 2016...

That would have made sense. Unfortunately they didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That completely did not make any sense to me why they didn't take the points. They would have only needed a FG on the last drive to win the game (assuming the Broncos would have not moved the ball).

I wanted them to kick the FG, but an argument could be made either way. That missed XP ****ed everything up.

I don't know if this is correct at all, but my gut reaction:

White vs. Dion was the difference between SB champs and not :(
I think Lewis would have been huge in this game.

I told you all it was a horrible rule change. Fitting they lose because of that rule.

Where's the post-game thread?

I dont blame them for going on 4th, given how poorly the offense was moving the ball and the kind of field position they had all game. OTOH, in hindsight, it sucks because 2 FGs and they would have been driving for the win. I don't think that Den would have gone so conservative in playcalling if it was a closer game either.

Brady missing a wide open James White for a TD twice on the drive that ended with the first 4th down stop doesn't help.

Gost choked. The OLine choked. Cannon is a joke.

Hey Bill, how about you draft or sign a RB who isn't just a pass catcher or washed up veteran.

I told you all it was a horrible rule change. Fitting they lose because of that rule.
Yeah but we have the highest paid kicker in the game so we shouldn't lose because of it. It was just a bad time for him to miss one.

How ironic is it that Belichick proposed the rule change to move the extra point back. Couldn't just leave a good thing alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back