PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally, massively off topic. If I want to send a message to Ian, how do I do it? Thanks

Go to the envelope in the upper right hand corner. Click on it. And choose "start a conversation". Type in Ian.

Meyers is the best WR on this team.

Discuss.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is objectively wrong and needs to take a deep breath and step back.

Can you imagine how monumentally stupid Kraft would be to fire a coach who has won a Super Bowl in 30% of the seasons he's coached in New England?
About as monumentally stupid as Belichick running off a QB who won a Super Bowl in +30% of the seasons he played QB in New England.

Seattle is the worst passing defense in the league by a wide margin, I would not read to much into Harry’s performance against them. Against average Corners he can’t do a thing
I marked Harry a bust long time ago. The Pats could have picked MetCalf, correct?

Bentley is one of the worst starting LB we’ve had in recent memory.

We have so many holes, I think it will tough to rebuild in one year. The only areas that are in good shape for me are:

- secondary
- running back
- offensive line

I don't think that equates to "so many holes".

About as monumentally stupid as Belichick running off a QB who won a Super Bowl in +30% of the seasons he played QB in New England.
He always said that you want to get rid of a player a year early rather than a year late. That fits in with this philosophy. Plus, even if Brady stays, they still have no WR's or TE's. Sure, Brady could elevate the play of some of the JAG's on the team like he always did but the Pats with Brady likely would make the playoffs and get bounced in Wild Card Weekend like last year.

Bentley is one of the worst starting LB we’ve had in recent memory.
He should hang his head in shame after a running back half his size just shrugged off his tackling attempt.

:(

I like him. But this isn’t good enough unfortunately.

No, unfortunately he isn’t

This is not the look of a confident QB.

I would give Stidham a game but I understand, that benching Cam now for Stidham will look like he is giving up on the season. Maybe he will give Stidham a shot in week 16 or 17.

Let’s look at it this way. If tanking was no issue and teams could just bounce back easily we should see many coaches who had terrible seasons say 4 or fewer wins and then won Sbs. So let’s take a look. We will rule out the first 2 years because most coaches walk in to clean house and change the culture.
Here are the recent Sb winning coaches.
bill belichick. Walked in and cleaned house and changed the culture. His team fought hard to the end of his first season, and after starting 2-8 chose not to rank, won 3 of the last 6 (had he ranked those games he could have had the #2 pick). He won the Sb next year and win 5 more without ever going below 9-7.
Andy Reid.
Never had a season of less than 9-7 and never tried to lose a game.
Mike Tomlin
Never had a losing season. Never lost a game on purpose.
Doug Pederson
In his first season was 5-9 and could have tanked the last 2 games to get a higher pick. He won them both against playoff teams then won the Sb in year 2.
Harbaugh
Made the playoffs every season before winning the Sb, never lost a game on purpose.
Kubiak
Won his first year with a team who made the playoffs the last 4 years before.
coughlin
Came in changed the culture of a 4-12 team, went 6-10 and never had a losing season before winning 2 SBs
Won the last game of his first year potentially costing himself 9 draft slots.
carroll
7-9 first year, winning last game. Was 2-6 2nd year and instead of tanking finished 5-3. Then proceeded to make the playoffs 5 straight years winning the Sb in the 2nd one.

where are all the tankers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back