PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they did. You're no true Scottsman is noted.
When did they tank? When did they ha e a team good enough to win and lost on purpose?

And no im not a Scotsman but what does that have to do with anything.

Newton has been pretty bad but I do like the kid. He seems to be the ultimate team player who has the characteristics of a "Patriot" but its been dreadful to watch this team play. Rebuild time for certain. Sadly enough, I called this when 12 left.

Funny enough, I live in Tampa so its been fun to see him still do well.
So, what do you like about him, I'm wondering. His scarves?

Goddam, do sports suck right now.

Patriots’ have collapsed, the games are excruciatingly maddening, and the future is uncertain; Red Sox are one of the worst teams in baseball, who, despite being one of the top 3 teams in spending, traded away their best home grown player in 50 years for peanuts; the Bruins’ window appears to be shut; and the Celtics can’t get off the never-treadmill of being decent but nowhere near good enough. My college football team hasn’t even played a game yet, but after refusing to fire their moronic coach year after year and essentially de-emphasizing the football program, the future is bleak there too.

On top of all this, living in LA the last five years, it makes me nauseous seeing the Dodgers and Lakers (and LeBron) win.

Sports certainly aren’t fun right now.

Would anyone be surprised if Cam is released tomorrow? I really wouldn’t be. It’s a lost season and I can see BB go with Stidham the rest of the season to see what he has.
Very

Liked what I saw from Uche and would like to see him and Jennings get a lot of playing time to see what they have.

This. We know for a fact Hoyer isn't the guy and based off everything we've seen and the decisions the coaches have been making, Stidham isn't the guy either.

Just still in shock that cam fumbled the ball there…
I was monitoring the game on NFL.com and was muttering to myself over and over just don't fumble as the in play warning came on to the computer screen and then the word FUMBLE appeared in 3 times big script and my heart burst. Somehow I feel Panther fans should have warned us about believing in Cam Newton. After BB's vote of confidence for Cam, I'm predicting Cam is a Cowboy by Tuesday.

Zero evidence Harry is a "good" receiver. And why Meyer only a #3. He's the best receiver on this entire roster

Disagree. Seattle alone showed me that Harry can go against corners and catch contested in big situations.

Meyers doesn't have the physical ability to be a 1 or a 2, imo, but Id love to be proven wrong, as I;ve been throwing things at the TV all year because he hasn't been out there.

The question posed by @robertweathers about whether 68 year old Bill himself is a building block for a rebuild is an interesting one. I have to think that he probably also realizes this and is trying to groom his replacements to an extent. I think he will definitely remain part of the operation after retiring from coaching but I can’t imagine him doing this more than another 2 to 3 years.
Exactly. It's not that BB suddenly sucks. He's a mastermind. He's jettisoned the roster of older players (or will soon) and will have tons of cap space next year. He's setting up the NEP franchise well in 2021 and beyond.

The fact is he is up there in age. He has the culture and system in place. Thats a good thing. As of now he oversees the operation and doesn't need to micromanage every little thing like in CLE or in the 2000s with NE. He has a good FO and coaching staff in place.

The key question is does a rebuild require his micromanagement or does he have the caliber of people like RAC, Weis and Pioli to execute on a successful rebuild. That I don't know.

This team won't be competitive for a long time. When you look at this team's roster, there is almost nothing to be excited for the future about.
Couldn’t disagree more. Teams can turn around things really fast. Need I remind you the 2000 Pats were 5-11, in 2001 they were 11-5 and won the SB. Not saying the Pats will be a SB contender fast, but I can see them being a competitive team, even a playoff team.

BUT, this is HUGE, Belichick has to make SMART moves this offseason. We have plenty of cap space, including Brady’s dead cap space money coming off the books. And the Pats have 11 draft picks, which could be used to trade for players, or actually make the selections. I’m hoping they bring someone in to help with the draft.

Teams turn around fast. Having a good QB is HUGE. The Pats MUST draft their next franchise QB in the 2021 draft. That’s the key piece. I see SD & Cincy being very competitive with their rookie QBs, and of course Tua won his first start, though he didn’t have a huge part of the win.

Disagree. Seattle alone showed me that Harry can go against corners and catch contested in big situations.

Meyers doesn't have the physical ability to be a 1 or a 2, imo, but Id love to be proven wrong, as I;ve been throwing things at the TV all year because he hasn't been out there.
Seattle is the worst passing defense in the league by a wide margin, I would not read to much into Harry’s performance against them. Against average Corners he can’t do a thing

Specifically which teams tanked and completely destroyed their culture? Make sure to specify teams where the coach treats each year (hell, each GAME) as its own entity.
Look at the 76ers debacle. I’m in the “tanking sucks” camp.

However : I am also in the “if you are going nowhere and aren’t in a position to compete for the SB next year, trade assets if the value is there” camp.

Last edited:

Seattle is notoriously known for having one of the worst pass defenses in the league. I wouldn't take much pride in a good showing against them. They are likely going to get bounced in the playoffs specifically because of that reason and everyone I've talked to in Seattle knows it.

We have so many holes, I think it will tough to rebuild in one year. The only areas that are in good shape for me are:

- secondary
- running back
- offensive line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back