PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team won't be competitive for a long time. When you look at this team's roster, there is almost nothing to be excited for the future about.

I forget, did the Niner's win the superbowl per the time frame of your comment?

Being football is a team sport, EVERYONE, including the owner, GM and coach are just as important as one or two stars on the team.

Anyone can try to buy one season with players knowing if they win, chances are they won't have the payroll for the following year, the key is to keep the winning going.

BB has the history and know how to make this work, even if the fans aren't happy for a year or two.

This coming from a guy who use to hate the Pats because they always seemed to have the "magic ingredients" to consistently win.
They were in a SB? It's difficult to win a SB. The fact that in 2015-2016 they were amongst the dregs of the league and were in it last year is a testament to what they rebuilt. If your barometer is "they have to win the SB or we can't say they were successful" it's more indicative of us as Pats fans being spoiled than understanding success.

Bill Belichick has been in this position exactly once as the Pats head coach. Tom Brady was the answer. He doesn't have Tom Brady. The answer is to find the next guy who can fill that role. There are historical odds of where you find that.

Sure they do. Supporting Goodell and Deflategate are red herrings. Give me some more negatives to losing out. I assume you’re not under the impression that this team reels off 8-9 wins from now until the end of the season. If you were, you would have stated that as your position already. So let’s hear them.

Not sure what kind of response you're expecting when responding to a short bussed post.

This team won't be competitive for a long time. When you look at this team's roster, there is almost nothing to be excited for the future about.
They can probably be ready in 2022-23 but it requires committing to full rebuild now and avoiding mediocrity to come out with a half full glass.

This is sentimental nonsense. First you said that teams that tank lose their culture. Then when asked for examples you said "teams don't tank for this reason". So you are just making things up to justify your talking point.

The Niner's did a complete tank and tear down. They are back and were in the SB. The Colts with Luck is an obvious example.

Winning this season does nothing
Teams don’t tank because they know it destroys the culture.
Winning does a lot. Far, far more struggling teams that fight and end up competitive become winners than teams that give up and get higher draft picks. It’s not even close.
Find me an organization, ever, that did what is being suggested here and lost 13 straight games, losing to teams they clearly should beat and win anything with the coach any gm who led them through that.
Tanking is an idea created by losers to attach value to losing. No one who completes for a living would ever willingly consider it.

I guess the good news is at-least it was a better performance than last week
I used to think like that most Sundays before the Bill and Tom show got going. Pretty painful nostalgia.

This is sentimental nonsense. First you said that teams that tank lose their culture. Then when asked for examples you said "teams don't tank for this reason". So you are just making things up to justify your talking point.

The Niner's did a complete tank and tear down. They are back and were in the SB. The Colts with Luck is an obvious example.

Winning this season does nothing
And the 49ers never tanked.

Reactions: sb1
Teams don’t tank because they know it destroys the culture.
Winning does a lot. Far, far more struggling teams that fight and end up competitive become winners than teams that give up and get higher draft picks. It’s not even close.
Find me an organization, ever, that did what is being suggested here and lost 13 straight games, losing to teams they clearly should beat and win anything with the coach any gm who led them through that.
Tanking is an idea created by losers to attach value to losing. No one who completes for a living would ever willingly consider it.

I don't think Belichick will throw any games. And nobody will ever say this to the press about giving up. But we will likely still end up with a top12 pick and 120M cap room next year for a fresh start.

Totally, massively off topic. If I want to send a message to Ian, how do I do it? Thanks

Newton has been pretty bad but I do like the kid. He seems to be the ultimate team player who has the characteristics of a "Patriot" but its been dreadful to watch this team play. Rebuild time for certain. Sadly enough, I called this when 12 left.

Funny enough, I live in Tampa so its been fun to see him still do well.

Your position is very odd. Reminds me of some past posters who also made no sense trying to argue one against 5 people. Of COURSE none of those teams including ours would ever admit to tanking. Nobody is dumb enough to ever admit to tanking.

My position that a team should complete to win games is odd? Teams don’t admit to tanking because they don’t tank.

I guess the good news is at-least it was a better performance than last week
They covered. That’s something I guess.

I don't think Belichick will throw any games. And nobody will ever say this to the press about giving up. But we will likely still end up with a top12 pick and 120M cap room next year for a fresh start.

If you aren’t losing on purpose then you aren’t tanking. People are suggesting bb should try to lose every game and go 2-14 including forcing his team to lose to the jets.

Just still in shock that cam fumbled the ball there…
Avoid such shock going forward by repeating out loud every ten minutes or so on game days: "Cam blows."

If they finish 3rd then we get a 3rd place schedule next year. No Steelers, Chiefs or Ravens. I’ll take it. The rest of the schedule is much easier too.

Offensive Line played great today. Meyers played well, Harris played well. Defense wasnt great. Cam was average, but a game ending fumble. Interested to see how he handles himself after playing so poorly the last couple weeks followed up by that fumble.

This one hurt.
Yep, that's our Cam: dreary stretches of average interspersed with untimely spasms of flaming incompetence.

The good news: the Pats have...

A really good and young and deep OL - even if they trade Thuney. (Onwenu is a stud and Froholdt can play.)
A great secondary core even if they trade Gilmore and lose the McCourtys to retirement.
Some good young DL
A deep and decent backfield.

They are competitive and have been in games they could have, or should have, won with 3 playoff teams in those 5 losses.

They need a good TE, a big guy to center the DL, Jennings and/or Uche to grow a lot this year (plus Hightower), and a game changing WR - Harry will be a good WR, but not a #1. Meyers is a good #3. Maybe Gunner is the slot future, I don't know.

My point is, they get a good QB and he won't get killed like Luck did.

They're really not that far away. And anyone blaming BB for this season is out of their minds (unless it's Brady-related, which is an entirely different post). They had no money in FA, then got money when top players opted out. They've got a lot of core talent, but no top-end talent, but they'll have money and high picks.

Tank for Trevor? Wouldn't bother me a bit. They're not the Bengals or the Colts who got Luck. They've got a lot of GOOD talent with a few pieces missing.

Were it me right now, I'd see what's worth trading - Edelman to the Bucs? Thuney? Gilmore? (It'd have to be a lot for me to trade Gilmore.)

The good news: the Pats have...

A really good and young and deep OL - even if they trade Thuney. (Onwenu is a stud and Froholdt can play.)
A great secondary core even if they trade Gilmore and lose the McCourtys to retirement.
Some good young DL
A deep and decent backfield.

They are competitive and have been in games they could have, or should have, won with 3 playoff teams in those 5 losses.

They need a good TE, a big guy to center the DL, Jennings and/or Uche to grow a lot this year (plus Hightower), and a game changing WR - Harry will be a good WR, but not a #1. Meyers is a good #3. Maybe Gunner is the slot future, I don't know.

My point is, they get a good QB and he won't get killed like Luck did.

They're really not that far away. And anyone blaming BB for this season is out of their minds (unless it's Brady-related, which is an entirely different post). They had no money in FA, then got money when top players opted out. They've got a lot of core talent, but no top-end talent, but they'll have money and high picks.

Tank for Trevor? Wouldn't bother me a bit. They're not the Bengals or the Colts who got Luck. They've got a lot of GOOD talent with a few pieces missing.

Were it me right now, I'd see what's worth trading - Edelman to the Bucs? Thuney? Gilmore? (It'd have to be a lot for me to trade Gilmore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back