PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please don't bench Stevan Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley needs to give Kevin Faulk a call.
Kevin had a fumbling problem earlier in his career. A rather significant problem that killed the Patriots in at least couple of games. Ridley can learn how to overcome it.

Yep. If you include ALL touches KF fumbled once every 61 touches. For a specialty player not too shabby.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 1500. He;s average 4.8 yds per tote right now. I think that's enough for Belichick to ride him to 300+ carries. It was for Dillon in '04 and Belichick has publicly stated he would give a guy that many carries again if he had someone capable (paraphrasing).

If Ridley kept at his current pace he'd only need to carry the ball 13.5 times per game to reach 1200 yards. Considering he's carrying it 20.4 times per game to this point, I doubt he'll only average 13.5 the rest of the way.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that Belichick uses RBBC committee to keep guys fresh. He knows enough not to run guys into the ground, but he'll feed a guy the rock if he's producing.

Good post. It is a balance. Some RBs get better with more carries. Some don't have the stamina and lose their legs, concentration or get fatigued and fumble.

There is no doubt that they want Vereen to take the load off of TB and I applaud their motives and commitment to run the football at the end of the game.

He just needs to hang onto the football. If he does, he'll be a ProBowler.

I know this is a Ridley thread, but still want to see more Vereen. Bolden is a keeper but we still don't know what Vereen can contribute.

How about kickoffs or punt returns. There has to be somewhere he can be utilized. Is he still injured and that's why he's limited?

Maybe his will be answered in the coming weeks. I like the RBBC approach. Vereen has the ability to catch out of the backfield. Maybe thats what BB is saving him for. Specific games and situations. Just speculation...don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST