PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plane Flying Around Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl, that's funny, I don't care who you are. If someone wants to waste his money like that, who am I to judge? Idiotic statements don't become true just because they're hitched to the back of a plane, anyways.

Seriously though, shouldn't homeland security be all over this? I think the plane needs to be shot down, just for the inherent danger of a private aircraft circling a packed stadium.

This isn't the first plane to circle a stadium. If the pilot has an approved flight plan this is no more dangerous than a plane circling the stadium advertising Miller Beer.

They should shoot it down with a Massachusetts built "Patriot" missile. :D

"Honest officer, I was aiming at a flock of geese flying by. I swear!!" :cool:

PS - pilot looks a lot like Tom Jackson. Or was it Don Shula? So hard to tell the difference...;)

Last edited:
Seriously though, shouldn't homeland security be all over this? I think the plane needs to be shot down, just for the inherent danger of a private aircraft circling a packed stadium.
I think you are right.
Isn't there a no fly-zone around stadiums?

Not as much as you might think. You could do it for an hour for around 500.

The Rooneys are the only ones in Pittsburgh wth that kind of coin.

Incidentally, there are a bunch of F/A-18s ready to do the standard pre-game overflight.... Maybe one is carrying a couple Sidewinders we could put to good use.

Last edited:
The Rooneys are the only ones in Pittsburgh wth that kind of coin.

The Rooneys are the only ones left in Pittsburgh with jobs!

can you please provide a link for this?

I have never seen anything saying this was legal before this season.

All "sign stealing" is legal unless specifically forbidden in the rules. Every super bowl champion up to last year was legally attempting to steal the signals of every team they played, using video. So it is impossible for the Patriots to have benefited from "cheating" in any of their Super Bowl years.

You need to know this stuff if you are going to fulfill your role as a fan of defending absurd attacked on the team! (like this plane).

BB is brilliant once again. What better deception than to fly an "Anti" Patriots recon plane over the stadium while secretly recording the Pitt sidelines from overhead. The images will be bounced off the Russian satellite that Kraft leased from Putin after the one time gift of a Superbowl ring. The pictures end up in the Patriots' secret bunker in South Bend , Indiana for decoding and analysis. The info will then be relayed to Gillette via the Trojan Horse Lighthouse.

There was no officially written rule forbidding the use of video cameras on the sidelines before 2006. Just go pick up an official rule book froom 2005 and you wont find any mentioning of the new rule.

Except that it's not in the official rule book for 2007 either, though, so that means nothing.

Have any photos of this been posted yet?

If anyone took some while tailgating please share them.

Have any photos of this been posted yet?

If anyone took some while tailgating please share them.

I was just about to ask the same thing. Someone had to have taken some pictures of it.

It was flying around over the parking lots for a good hour or more. It came over our lot at least a half-dozen times.

can you please provide a link for this?

I have never seen anything saying this was legal before this season.

I can't believe none of us can find out when this rule was enacted. I've tried to find out on the internet with no luck and I know many of us have posted requests as to when this rule started....strange:rolleyes:

I think you are right.
Isn't there a no fly-zone around stadiums?

The rules for over stadiums are the same as for over cities. In general, a pilot has to take reasonable precautions to protect people on the ground in the event of the engine quitting, and he must stay at least 1000 feet above anything within a 2000 foot horizontal radius of the airplane. So he'd have to have been at least 1000 feet above the nose bleed seats to be legal. The Feds can issue something called a 'Notice to Airmen' and restrict pilots much more at any time; but they usually don't.

Most likely this company cooperates with the regional FAA office located in Bedford, MA and they cooperate with their insurance carrier. I expect they have an unofficial plan in place that restricts them beyond the set laws.

But don't they also have to clear out of the area entirely when the game is on? That's why only the Goodyear/Metlife Blimps gets aerial footage.

More importantly, still no pics?

They just showed it on Sportscenter.

c'mon man don't you get it....... BB and Kraft paid for that plane.

Oh man, just like Operation Northwoods, a recently unclassified Pentagon paper that called for attacking one of our own ships and blaming it on another country in order to piss us off and take us into war.

01.jpg

Kraft should of had Mark Henderson snowplow the * plane once it landed.

This was talked about on WAAF this morning. They were saying the plane was rented out of New York.

As far as restricted airspace, there are planes flying banners over the stadium for every game. They're usually car dealers.

My GF and her brother had spotted this one and grabbed the binoculars to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes