PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pires: Chad Brown to Pats -- Herald/Agent: Report Untrue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pires: Pats agree to terms (again) with LB Chad Brown

Chad Brown? Ugh.

And to think a week ago when I suggested the Pats would go after McGinest if he were cut I was laughed out of town...

I apologize.:p

:woohoo: Welcome back Chad! Leave the snakes in Colorado.

A couple of interesting inferences in these 2 signings. The first thing that came to mind when I heard about Brown, was surprise. I wondered WHY would he re-sign back here. He certainly didn't have a great experience either in 2005 or in TC in 2006. He could have gone back to Pittsburgh. Why here????? The only thing I can think of is BB wants him as an outside rusher/and or coverage LB, but that's just speculation on my part.

For those of you who summarily dismiss his year in 2005, please take into account how difficult it is to play the 2 gap ILB, especially when you have 10 years of playing a DIFFERENT way. Don't forget that the Pittsburgh 3-4 is VERY DIFFERENT that what is played in NE, different reads, different responsibilities, etc. The fact that Seau made the transformation more seemlessly, doesn't diminish the fact that Brown as been a very GOOD football player in the NFL for a very LONG time.

I remember when they first signed him, an long time coordinator was quoted saying that in the Seahawks last playoff game that year,the best defensive player on the field that day was Chad Brown.

He may not have had a successful experience here in 05, but he deserves better from so called good football fans here, based on his overall career. And it still begs the question...why here? Given his past experiences, why would he want to go through another tough training camp here, especially since there won't be a lot of roster spots at LB. Also, why did BB want him back.

A couple of interesting inferences in these 2 signings. The first thing that came to mind when I heard about Brown, was surprise. I wondered WHY would he re-sign back here. He certainly didn't have a great experience either in 2005 or in TC in 2006. He could have gone back to Pittsburgh. Why here????? The only thing I can think of is BB wants him as an outside rusher/and or coverage LB, but that's just speculation on my part.

For those of you who summarily dismiss his year in 2005, please take into account how difficult it is to play the 2 gap ILB, especially when you have 10 years of playing a DIFFERENT way. Don't forget that the Pittsburgh 3-4 is VERY DIFFERENT that what is played in NE, different reads, different responsibilities, etc. The fact that Seau made the transformation more seemlessly, doesn't diminish the fact that Brown as been a very GOOD football player in the NFL for a very LONG time.

I remember when they first signed him, an long time coordinator was quoted saying that in the Seahawks last playoff game that year,the best defensive player on the field that day was Chad Brown.

He may not have had a successful experience here in 05, but he deserves better from so called good football fans here, based on his overall career. And it still begs the question...why here? Given his past experiences, why would he want to go through another tough training camp here, especially since there won't be a lot of roster spots at LB. Also, why did BB want him back.

I believe the answer to the first question is who wants him? Not trying to be cruel, but he's37 and had 3 tackles last year. Most teams want young athletic linebackers.

The second question? This gives us 6 NFL caliber linebackers. At least if 2 are injured, we have 4, unlike last year when we ended the season with 3.

I like Pierre woods and hope, like every Pats fan, that they can turn and UDFA linebacker into a dependable player.

Brown's agent is denying the report that he signed here, and there's no word on Seau either, both according to Saturday's Herald.

QB12

How do you find this funny? Are you saying Chad Brown is actually good?

No, actually if you read up I am against this signing completely. He was great at one point, but those days certainly seem to be behind him. Just the way I read you're comment struck me as hilarious.

Since we are signing Chad Brown here off the street does anyone think that BB has already checked into and passed over some other options; namely Al Wilson or Randal Godfrey. I'm assuming that this means Wilson's neck injury is either too severe or possibly wants too much money. Then again, maybe he thinks that Wilson would struggle with the 4-3 to 3-4 transition.

Re: LB Chad Brown Signed?

First time around, he wasn't being used at OLB. He was being used at ILB, a position he hadn't played since his Pittsburgh days...And even then, it was a whole new experience for him.

The one thing I can say about Brown is that he is a hard worker. But, he's more just camp fodder than anything else at this point.

Exactly. I distinctly remember BB practically apologizing in front of the media after that season for having to stick CB at ILB when he was signed for the OLB position.

Vrabes could make that change after playing in this defense 5 years. CB was asked to do it immediately.

Vrabes is a far better OLB than ILB. So this may mean that either:

1) AD will be more at ILB
or
2) CB knows our D better now and they want to retry the original 1st disastrous experiment of him at ILB.
or
3) ILB is the biggest problem for the NE Patriots

I vote for #3.

If the story is true, I like the idea of seeing what Chad Brown can do. If he can still play, then he makes for a viable spot or rotation player. If he can't, then he gets cut.

Re: Pires: Chad Brown to Pats -- Herald: Report Untrue

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1002079

Warm reception: Moss, Washington excited to work with Brady
By Karen Guregian/ Patriots Notebook
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist
Saturday, May 19, 2007 - Updated: 09:35 AM EST

The agent for Chad Brown, meanwhile, denied a report that the linebacker was about to sign with the Pats. Brown played 15 games for New England in 2005. . . .

Re: Pires: Chad Brown to Pats -- Herald: Report Untrue

Another fine job by the media.

I, for one, hope this whole thing was just a BS rumor from the get-go.
I have seen more than enough of Chad Brown in a Pats jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST