Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What player from SB XXXVI would you add to current Patriots team for the upcoming game?

• Troy Brown

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Antowain Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Faulk

• Richard Seymour

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Tedy Bruschi

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Willie McGinest

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Lawyer Milloy

• Ty Law

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Adam Vinatieri

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be flip with my answer, but I'm not worried about him being dominant. With this year's defense having its biggest weaknesses at DL and coverLB, I'm just worried about him being batter than the 2018 versions of Brown, Shelton, and Clayborn. And he was that, IMO. Seymour would definitely be my choice.

Seymour started 10 games as a rookie. Had 44 tackles and 3 sacks that year. Had 11 tackles and a sack in the postseason. He could be moved anywhere on the line. I'd take that.
Gotta be Seymour or Willie Mac. Team has a lot of work to do up front even if they keep Flowers.

Gotta be Seymour or Willie Mac.

Those were my clear cut #1 and #2. I went with Seymour as the #1 because he'd hold up better against the run.

And just for the sake of rounding it out. If there were injury reasons for #1 and #2 not being available, I'd finish the top 5 with:

3. Law
4. Buckley
5. Troy or Patten, depending upon the offensive game plan

Team has a lot of work to do up front even if they keep Flowers.

Absolutely

I threw out Brown, Smith, Faulk, Milloy and Vinatieri, whose counterparts now are either just as good or better.

That left me with 1. Seymour, 2. McGinest, 3. Law and 4. Bruschi.

Tom Brady

Today's 41 year old Brady is a much better player and in better shape than his 24 year old counterpart!

So I'll take 41 year old Brady and an in his prime Willie!

Law - JC Jackson played 98 and 96 % of the snaps last 2 weeks. Assume Law replaces him for all his snaps. That's a big impact. In the Willie scenario, who comes off the field, High? And how many snaps does Sey get in the longest game of the year?

Not only is Law a big upgrade, he has more opportunity to make an impact.

I wanted to say Ty but I went with Willie. I will always remember him holding on Jones' fumble return, which led to Warner scoring. The next series, he was like a man possessed. Gimme that. Raised it to another level when the stakes were highest.

McGinest is in his prime in 2001 so easy choice. Flowers and McGinest together would be awesome.

It was a tossup for me between Seymour and McGinest, but, in going down that list (and especially when you add Brady to it), I wonder how many of us who watched that game and followed that team had any idea in November, 2001 how much talent was on that team. I'll admit that I didn't!

I picked Ty Law because with him and Gilmore playing man you can go big on line vs run.

Was really tough choosing between Seymour and McGinnest, but went with Seymour. He was just such a freak of nature, even as a rookie. I know, we got stuck with Seymour when we could have had that David Terrell guy, but you live and you learn.

I chose Other just so I could mention Vrabel, though I would actually choose Willie Mac first, followed by Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi & Law.

I chose Other just so I could mention Vrabel, though I would actually choose Willie Mac first, followed by Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi & Law.

2001 Bruschi and 2001 Vrabel would be redundancies, as neither could cover Gurley out of the backfield, and cover LB is what's needed in this 2018 SB, since Hightower and Van Noy can perform the rest of the LB requirements adequately enough for this team. So you cite them, hope people don't think about that, and sit back for a good laugh when you get people to agree with those choices.

See, people, now that's pretty good trolling. It's much better than we're getting in the "passing the torch" thread.

I wonder what the perception of Seymour would have been if you had PFF and more mainstream analytics when he was on the Patriots. He was so underrated in the eyes of the average fan, and I think that is the main reason he isn't in the HOF already.

Seymour for me no doubt. I think he’d push the pocket so much that Clayborn could even apply pressure after overrunning the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back