PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phil Costa, signed to play center for the Colts, retires at age 26

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Phil Costa, a center who signed with the Colts as a free agent last month, has surprisingly decided to retire.

The Colts announced today that the 26-year-old Costa, who previously spent four years with the Cowboys, is calling it a career.

“Phil feels it’s in his best interest to retire from the game,” Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson said in a statement. “We certainly understand and wish him nothing but the best.”

Colts center Phil Costa retires at age 26 | Pro Football Talk

That might change some draft strategy.....

On one hand, I'm okay with this because whatever makes our opponents weaker...

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm okay with this because Costa sucks and this could easily pit the Colts against us in the search for viable OC prospects.

If you thought the Colts signing Phil Costa for 2 years $2.75m with only $450k guaranteed meant the Colts still didn't view Center as a need then not sure what to tell you.

Tell me I'm still a handsome devil and I'm gonna live another fifty years...I'll PAY you to if I have to...:D

Off topic, but with the new avatar, Dues, I think I might love you.:) (except of course, well, everything.)

And you thought Wendell was untradeable...

Those crazy days of playing for Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys may have sucked all of the life right out of the poor kid.

Have to give Costa credit. Most T. rexs died out 65 million years ago.

On one hand, I'm okay with this because whatever makes our opponents weaker...

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm okay with this because Costa sucks and this could easily pit the Colts against us in the search for viable OC prospects.
I think Costa not being their center strengthens them however. He was a good interior back but I would not want to see him starting personally.

What was his real reason? I could understand saying 'F' this place to the jets while entering your prime years but the colts aren't much of a circus, minus the owner that is.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back