PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Pats-Chiefs in Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should have been atlanta. it makes no sense that it isn't. All because of ron riveras crying. and ridiculous excuse making.

I think the reality is that the first game of the year could be the Browns at Bengals and we the football starved fans would eagerly await the game.

So why waste a Super Bowl rematch on week 1 when you know that week 1 will be a big draw regardless of the opponent?

It will be a good game. Not a guaranteed win. But the rest of the season isn't exactly a gauntlet, so getting one of the tough games out of the way early will be good.

Hopefully it doesn't end like the last time the Patriots opened against the Chiefs.
That was week 3 or 4, made the Pats either 1-2 or 2-2 and followed by the world saying it's over.

Anybody else excited about doing some at home tailgating starting mid-afternoon on that thursday? It's time like these that make me love the fact I can make my own work schedule.
Anybody else excited about doing some at home tailgating starting mid-afternoon on that thursday? It's time like these that make me love the fact I can make my own work schedule.

No, but I am however psyched to do some late afternoon tailgating that Thursday @ Gillette, hopefully a little better weather than the one 2 yrs ago...foggy & drizzly, a nice early crisp fall day would be good !!

My guess is they'd put the Super Bowl rematch in week 3 or 4.....you don't want it to be too late in the season in case one team (most likely Atlanta) stumbles and becomes irrelevant.

I think it's a decade and running of having a short week playing against Manning or last year Denver without him on short rest so I won't be surprised when that continues.

I will say I do find it odd scheduling (in our favor) last year when the Pats were coming off their bye week the same week the visiting/traveling Seahawks were coming off a Monday Night Football game.

Bummer

Was hoping for a more of a pushover for what might potentially be my first home game

That was week 3 or 4, made the Pats either 1-2 or 2-2 and followed by the world saying it's over.

Wrong game. He wasn't referencing the blowout against KC, but the last time we opened against the Chiefs. Something much worse than a blowout happened.

Which is exactly why the networks would prefer that game to occur during the television sweeps period, in November.

Unfortunately by November the Falcons/Patriots matchup will no longer be a primetime game and will be flexed out due to the Falcons post super bowl struggles.

Which is exactly why the networks would prefer that game to occur during the television sweeps period, in November.

They may be mistaken this time around. The Patriots are easily the most hated team in the NFL and cause nausea to all of their detractors. Those people know they'll be tuning in to watch the Patriots celebrate, which they hate, and now there is also a lackluster matchup. Usually most people watch the Patriots to pray they lose. This game is a coronation. The Chiefs are boring.

The "Goodell returns to Foxboro" angle is only going to attract Patriots fans who were already going to tune in, and a smattering of somewhat objective fans.

Sorry to dredge up bad memories, but...

brady.500.jpg

Last edited:
I was there the last time the Pat's opened up against the Chiefs. It was a horrible day. The Pats won....walking out of the stadium the crowd was in shock and almost silent.

I was there too. One thing everyone forgets is that the play that Brady got hurt on was actually a long completion downfield to Randy Moss, which Moss then promptly fumbled and (if I remember correctly) the Chiefs recovered. Everyone in the stadium was upset that Moss had fumbled, but I hadn't taken my eyes off where Brady was rolling on the ground, and the place just went silent a second later.

I was there too. One thing everyone forgets is that the play that Brady got hurt on was actually a long completion downfield to Randy Moss, which Moss then promptly fumbled and (if I remember correctly) the Chiefs recovered. Everyone in the stadium was upset that Moss had fumbled, but I hadn't taken my eyes off where Brady was rolling on the ground, and the place just went silent a second later.

I was sitting in the 200's near the bridge to the lighthouse. The Pats were driving towards me. I also remember the crowd watching the long completion but I too had my eyes on Brady because the Chiefs were getting in on the line in the few plays before the injury. I knew right away it was bad. I think the Pats recovered the Moss fumble but I'm not 100% either.

Here's the kicker. The one guy who picked up a free blitzing defender the best was suspended for that game due to weed. Kevin Faulk. My $ says it never would have happened if Faulk was playing and the Pats likely make another very deep playoff run that year. With these last 2 rings I can almost forget about 2007 and 2008......almost :D

I will say I do find it odd scheduling (in our favor) last year when the Pats were coming off their bye week the same week the visiting/traveling Seahawks were coming off a Monday Night Football game.

That happened to us in the infamous we're onto Cincinnati game as well. I don't see how the league can let that happen, ever.

I just beg we can have a home game after that. I will be around Boston around that time and want to attend my first Patriots game.

Wrong game. He wasn't referencing the blowout against KC, but the last time we opened against the Chiefs. Something much worse than a blowout happened.
****....my bad, I was at that as well....can't believe it was my post that caused this to be reminded to me , d%#*!@t !!!

Sorry to dredge up bad memories, but...

brady.500.jpg

Ok, my bad.....delete the pic please!!!

I am glad we are playing chiefs. Very unpredictable team and we can get decent team out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back