PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning at QB for the Patriots - Is NE still 17-0?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is NE still 17-0 with Peyton Manning as Pats QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I dont think Manning would get us through games like we had against Baltimore this season where it was simply, deliver or you've lost.

Last edited:
IndyColts685,
As one of the few Colts fans on this forum who aren't homers, honest question; is the Payton we saw in the second half of the AFCCG last year THE REAL Payton (you know, FINALLY getting the 10,000 pound gorilla off of his back), or rather the one who is now 7-7 in the playoffs, twice losing AT HOME coming off the bye week, once as the #1 seed, once as the #2?

I'd ask that clambrain Carlina Colts Fan the same question, but he's currently curled up in the fetal position under his bed after that massive choke job Sunday..............

Well if you had asked me that before the SD game I would have answered the Peyton in the 2nd half of the AFCCG, but now after watching another playoff failure I would have to go with option 2, although I am happy with the way he played Sunday because he actually didn't have a horrible game or anything, but when the chips were on the table and they needed him to do something, he folded like a cheap tent.

I really think that if BB was the Colts coach that would make Manning a much better QB in the post season. Maybe he would consider coming to the Colts if Dungy retires. :D

Last edited:
Tom is all the way and all the time. You need to have a QB who improves every year and plays extremely well under pressure. Tom has all these characters.

what you don't want is a QB who is ONLY good for 2 seasons and is bad for years.

Thanks as always Indy for an honest answer. You said it best, better than anyone has to this point; when they needed him to do something, he folded. First and goal on the ten; come on. THEN, he got the ball back and nothing. Not once, but twice..................

I honestly think that if even Brady were to replay this season he wouldn't finish 17-0. This is a special year for you guys so to try to substitute your QB and say they would be the same team is just kinda stupid. It's just more ESPN's "what if" talk.

Thanks as always Indy for an honest answer. You said it best, better than anyone has to this point; when they needed him to do something, he folded. First and goal on the ten; come on. THEN, he got the ball back and nothing. Not once, but twice..................

The Chargers did an excellent job of disguising coverages in the red zone and tightening up when the game really came down to the wire. With that, yardage doesn't matter

I think the Pats go 12-4 reg season and lose to the Jags in the playoffs. The Jags D game plan would be different with Manning back there, they'd come after him and he'd turn it over at least twice.

Absolutely the answer is NO.

One 4 separate occassions this season, the Patriots were trailing by about 10 (+/- a few) points going into the 4th quarter.

Only Tom Brady brings the Pats back all 4 times, Peyton may be good enough to do it once or twice, but Tom is the real deal when it comes to crunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore