PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton can thank the dummy in Foxboro

Re: Re: Peyton can thank the dummy in Foxboro

Why are you assuming that Welker helped get other receivers open and not vice versa? Just because he was our best wide receiver last year doesn't mean that he is the best receiver on the Broncos this year. Thomas is better than Welker, hands down.

Amendola will replace Welker. I have no doubt about it.

It's not as much as who is better than whom. They all have their roles to fill in their respective schemes.

All off season we have bombarded the Tebowites, the Borgesites, Felgerites and Hernandezites and as we start another season we become infiltrated by trolls..who know nothing how this franchise operates and less about football..

Don't feed the trolls, if a poster post something stupid and no one comments does it become less or more stupid??? My guess is more.

Seriously, Welker is the best ever at a limited range of things. Amendola is excellent at the same things, and a little more versatile. The one who contributes more will most likely be the one who stays healthier.

I will be interested in how the Thomas/Welker combo stacks up vs the the Moss/Welker 2007 tandem. Manning is on a "cement his legacy" mission this year and I expect pinball numbers all season. Manning did take some hard hits and his forehead was pulsing a bit more than usual...so that must be watched. Thomas is legit+++. I see an Andre Johnson type physical beast with a better QB to deliver the rock.

Manning played well, but that was a crap show by the Ravens. An absolute joke.

Maybe we can wait until the end of the year before we factually say we are going to lose again....let's just see how this thing plays out...:rolleyes:

Let's not panic before the pats even play a game. Peyton looked shaky in the first half yesterday, telegraphing his passes and getting happy feet. I can't see denver defense shutting the pats down. If anything i was more worrid about the ravens D.

With the added versatility that Welker brings to Denver's offense with Thomas and Decker already on the outside they will be unstoppable. Meanwhile, Brady has the worse (literally 32nd ranked) receiving corps in the NFL.

In Bill We Trust... what a joke! Seriously, Belichick may be the most overrated person in the history of professional sports. The myths of Belichick are too numerous to mention but suffice it to say he's a bum without Brady. Aside from the gigantic win/loss disparity with and without Brady, Belichick's teams have averaged nearly 10 points more per game with Brady at quarterback. That's how Belichick gets away with the endless string of disastrous DB draft picks and an ever worsening defense. If Brady hasn't bailed out Belichick and his choking defenses over the years then the team loses when it counts most. Fact.

Get the sour knots out of your panties will ya? :rolleyes:

Welker is a midget slot receiver doing slant stunts in cross patterns, not Calvin Johnson running deep routes on the outside, grabbing balls out of the skies. WW was actually a JAG before he got paired up with Brady, and most likely would not have been in the league right now at this late age if not for the Brady and the Patriots. He was a JAG in Miami, and continued to be one, had he not played for a top 3-4 QBs (Brady, Mannning, Rodgers, or Brees).

If all goes well with Amendola, we will quickly forget about Welker. Amendola is a younger, faster version of Welker, so I’m not concerned about the loss of Welker in and of itself. I’m more pissed about the way Welker chose to leave, than the loss of Welker itself.

And just so I’m clear here, I really like Welker (*****, I have his jersey :rolleyes: ), but the little stunt he pulled when he went to Elway and practically bagged the Broncos to take him, was nothing more than a big FU to BB and the Patriots. He pretty much went to play for 1MM more than what the Patriots had offered him. When you factor it over the length of the contract, and after taxes, you’re talking about maybe $200K more per year. To top it off, Welker turned down the Titans’s MEGA offer to play for them, which was MUCH more than what the Broncos had offered him, but instead he chose to stick it to the Pats, by going to play for a ‘contender’, and more importantly – with TFB’s arch-rival, Payton Manning. Lastly let’s not also forget that playing for the Titans would not have kept him in an elite status receiver – which was my point above – Welker, without a good QB, is nothing.

So get over your sour grapes, Danny-eff-in-dola says hi.

Actually Belichick's defenses choked away both Super Bowls vs the Giants. The defense has taken on the personality of the head coach... a loser.

It looks like the Pink helmet clowns have arrived

Can we start a thread about Jim Harbaugh can than the dummy in Foxboro for letting James Ihedebgo go who is a major contributor for the fact that the Ravens' secondary was such a mess last night?

With the added versatility that Welker brings to Denver's offense with Thomas and Decker already on the outside they will be unstoppable. Meanwhile, Brady has the worse (literally 32nd ranked) receiving corps in the NFL.

In Bill We Trust... what a joke! Seriously, Belichick may be the most overrated person in the history of professional sports. The myths of Belichick are too numerous to mention but suffice it to say he's a bum without Brady. Aside from the gigantic win/loss disparity with and without Brady, Belichick's teams have averaged nearly 10 points more per game with Brady at quarterback. That's how Belichick gets away with the endless string of disastrous DB draft picks and an ever worsening defense. If Brady hasn't bailed out Belichick and his choking defenses over the years then the team loses when it counts most. Fact.

It's true. Denver just won the Week One Super Bowl. BB's team did't go 11-5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel at QB. The Defense wasn't better in 2012 than 2011. BB wasn't voted best coach by 12 GMs. Get any Harbaugh or Rex Ryan into Patriot Place now. :rolleyes:

Before we declare losing Wes Welker a major disaster, people need to remember the first week of the season always produces some really lopsided games that are not indicators for how the season will go.

Case in point last year in the opening game, the NY Jets scored 48 points. Mark Sanchez threw for 3 TDs (the equivalent of Manning throwing for 10 TDs). Stephen Hill had 5 catches for 89 yards and 2 TDs (he had 21 catches for 252 yards and 3 TDs for the entire season last year). Shonn Greene had 94 yards and a TD. The Jets' offense after that game ended up being arguably the worst offense in football.

Besides the obvious this thread sucks for another reason. There are no shortage of Pat fans who truly believe that the Pats should've done more to resign Welker, including myself. That belief was there long before last night's game. Believing that the Pats made a mistake with Welker does not automatically mean I think BB and the Pats front office are incompetent.

I realize what's done is done but I hope that folks aren't auto stamped as trolls every time a less than glowing assessment is made about how they handled the Welker situation.

How many PPG have Peyton's teams scored without him?

Actually Belichick's defenses choked away both Super Bowls vs the Giants. The defense has taken on the personality of the head coach... a loser.

You Jets fans shouldn't give up on your season already...well, maybe you should. Welcome aboard!

I ranked the receiving corps and NE's is dead last. Can you name one that's worse?

Brady's entering the season with a band of misfits. His WR corps is as bad as that pile of crap he almost brought to the Super Bowl in 2006.

Everyone just assumes Amendola will replicate Welker's numbers but firstly he has to stay healthy (which he won't) and secondly he'll have to significantly out produce his previous best season. Brady makes everyone better but can he turn another mediocre WR into a hall of famer? I'm skeptical.

Brady's other starting WR is Kenbrell Thompkins, an undrafted rookie. Now seriously, what can we expect from this guy? Realistically not much.

Rookie WR Aaron Dobson has Chad Jackson written all over him. Looks like potentially another draft bust from the "genius." Another rookie WR, Josh Boyce, probably won't factor much into the game plan. Yet another rookie WR, the undrafted Kamar Aiken, will be counted on for nothing.

That leaves Edelman, who's just a complete waste of time because he'll surely break in two when he gets tackled.

So the WRs completely suck.

TEs to start the season: Michael Hoomanawanui (5 receptions, 0 TDs in 2012) and Zach Sudfeld (undrafted rookie who looks like a big stiff imo). My God.

It's almost as if Belichick is purposely trying to make it difficult for Brady. Alternatively, he's just blatantly incompetent.

So you rate teams strengths, then refer to those rankings to justify your argument?

Your talents are obviously wasted here.

We'll see who's still drinking the Patriots/Kraft Kool Aid r.e. Welker if, and I say IF, the Pats offense sputters for awhile. How some fanboys think the Pats are just going to roll out there and put up 35 points a game JUST BECAUSE Brady is quarterback is beyond me. But hey, I picked Buffalo this weekend....

I do think it is funny that a troll can start a thread with a bunch of stupidity and it can generate 12 pages and 118 posts of discussion.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back