PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King says Pats have serious "first round interest" in taking an RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only item I've read mentioning the Saints being interested in a 1st round RB. That seems very "blindfold darts at the wall." Seattle, though, does appear to have sufficient need to take one in the first.

I'd agree with Leshoure/Ingram being on about the same quality level - late first with the rest being late second or later.

Not sure how hard the Pats would compete for either Leshoure/Ingram. Seems very,very doubtful at #17. Taking one of these two at #28 seems moderately plausible, though. I'd prefer Leshoure.

Unless it's about coffee, airlines, or the Upper Marlboro High School field hockey and softball teams, PK's "information" is fairly worthless.

I love Ingram as a person and his game, I would absolutely be on board with him - except for the knee, that's the caveat for me. If they think the knee is no problem then I'm interested. Leshoure is boom or bust for me, he could be what we hoped to get in Maroney but he seems to have a bit of the "wait too long for the big play" issue that Maroney had.

Unless it's about coffee, airlines, or the Upper Marlboro High School field hockey and softball teams, PK's "information" is fairly worthless.

Peter Kings thought's and conclusions about football are worthless. However he does have lots of contacts and occassionally reports some pretty good stuff. The key is to distinguish between when he is drawing a conclusion and when he's just reporting on what a source told him.

Last edited:
right now i have "serious interest" in a cake

does that count?

Wasn't there concern on a RB about 16 years ago who was going to be drafted but was falling in popularity because of his knee problems he had in college?

Ah Yes,that player happened to end up as a HOFer named Curtis Martin

I would definitely take a chance on Ingram if Miami passes on him which I don't think they will
...I would bet that Ingram won't end up like a worthless 1st round piece of sh!t like Maphony who had no concerning injury issues.

RB is better being addressed in the second round,but if the pats want an early RB,Ingram is the guy for the job

Last edited:
This is the only item I've read mentioning the Saints being interested in a 1st round RB. That seems very "blindfold darts at the wall." Seattle, though, does appear to have sufficient need to take one in the first.

I'd agree with Leshoure/Ingram being on about the same quality level - late first with the rest being late second or later.

Not sure how hard the Pats would compete for either Leshoure/Ingram. Seems very,very doubtful at #17. Taking one of these two at #28 seems moderately plausible, though. I'd prefer Leshoure.

I think Seattle does not let Jake Locker go if he is there at the time of their pick..Local boy is wanted there.

LeShoure is the only RB worth a first rounder for NE imo. Ingram simply doesn't have the upside a first round pick needs to have.

I think Seattle does not let Jake Locker go if he is there at the time of their pick..Local boy is wanted there.

Seems likely. Depends on how Carroll feels about Whitehurst after seeing him in action a bit. With #57 next and no 3rd, they probably don't have the ammo to trade around and get Locker PLUS either one of these RBs.

New England has interest in a first round player OTHER than a DE or OLB, much to the dismay of the fans and posters here?

Shock the world, I am so terribly stunned :rolleyes:

There are indeed other needs and BPA's--and I would hope that Belichick explores all of those options (as much as I'd too, love the highly coveted DE/OLB 2 pick combo that some are having pipe dreams of).

Leshoure is a nice prospect but I'd be shocked if the Pats considered him any earlier than round 2. The Pats being interested in him is not that shocking though. He has the size/speed combo that makes you wonder if he could turn into another Dillon type of RB.

While I tend to agree (somewhat) on Peter King's reports and knowledge, we are starting to hear this chatter from multiple sources now in the past week. This is at least the 3rd if not the 4th source (PFT, ESPN Boston, NFL network, Peter King)--unless of course, they are all basing it off of the same source :D

well, now they probably won't take a running back.

First round RB. LOL

IF King has sources in the Pats FO, they will be intentionally misleading.

I can't see Seattle going RB in the first... too many bigger needs.

well, now they probably won't take a running back.

You never know. There's always the possibility of the old "DOUBLE double-cross". The FO leaks the RB ting knowing that everyone will think it's misinformation when, in fact, they ARE really interested. Diabolical bunch of folks in the Pats FO, y'know.

;)

Wasn't there concern on a RB about 16 years ago who was going to be drafted but was falling in popularity because of his knee problems he had in college?

Ah Yes,that player happened to end up as a HOFer named Curtis Martin

I would definitely take a chance on Ingram if Miami passes on him which I don't think they will
...I would bet that Ingram won't end up like a worthless 1st round piece of sh!t like Maphony who had no concerning injury issues.

RB is better being addressed in the second round,but if the pats want an early RB,Ingram is the guy for the job

Deon Lewis is closer to Curtis Martin than Ingram, and can be had in the third round, ditto for Delone Carter from Syracuse. I see no value in a RB in the first round not named Adrian Peterson. Ingram does not have great size or speed, and he is hurt, none of that says first round.............

The lure of the next Emmit Smith or Corey Dillon makes it hard to not want a first round running back, hopefully if the Pats pick one we will get a legend.

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that we were taking Ingram at 17. Leshoure at 28 and Rudolph at 33. A source says Belichick is running a new prolific offense that requires 3 spectacular TE's and 2 phenomenal RB's to to succeed. The new offense will dwarf the 07 team. :)..............................according to sources unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes