PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King makes me want to gouge my eyes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that Peter King was one of the first guys I heard question the whole deflategate incident based on the science in the Wells report.
Also one of the driving forces behind the 11 out of 12 balls two psi below the limit with his reporting, people forget that.

I have never in my life heard anyone disparage an American Indian with the term "Redskin". Never.

But if you, a bunch of COC's (Kontra's term) and 9% of the American Indians wish to change the name might I suggest the following:

1. The Washington Lobbyists - Have a logo with two parties exchanging cash for votes.

2. The washington puppies - Everyone loves puppies but would advise using a neutral colored puppy for the logo just to be safe.

3. The Washington Politicians - Have multiple logos representing each party. Logo on helmet dependant on which party the current elected president represented. For example, last year they would have played with a donkey on the helmet.

4. The Washington "EIAW" (Everybody Is A Winner) - The logo could be a nice big blue participation ribbon on the side of the helmet. After every loss the Coach would have to contractually state that "although this was a tough loss everybody tried their hardest"

5. The Washington PCers - After every game the Owner, the Coach and the players would argue the flags, the legalities of certain plays and find ways to improve games by changing the rules...... Oh Wait.....that already exists......Ok scratch that.

Honestly I don't care and if it turns out that a majority of our American Indian brothers find this offensive then it should be changed but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I never heard anyone call your girlfriend a ... aw, never mind

An overwhelming majority of actual Native Americans that were polled don't find the term all that derogatory anymore. In football terms, that poll was a 56-3 blowout.

Just where the heck do you think the name comes from?

I mean, look it up.

You're easily fooled by polls.

Also one of the driving forces behind the 11 out of 12 balls two psi below the limit with his reporting, people forget that.

True and prior to the wells report he was tossing out sharp analysis, fumble rates etc..

PK Jan 21 (prior to wells report)

PK after wells report.

Not a huge PK fan but thought I add that he did question the science.

Heard him on WEEI a few months ago and he apologized and accepted all criticism for his support of the 2 psi BS.

The ‘Redskins’ are no more — at least in Lancaster, N.Y.

“Not only did the school make a powerful statement to the Native American community that they no longer wanted to use a term that is a dictionary-defined slur against native people,” Joel Barkin, a spokesman for the Oneida Indian Nation of central New York, told the AP. “But it made a statement to the kids in that school to be self-aware and have empathy and think about how the actions that you are engaging in affect other people outside of yourself.”

Just where the heck do you think the name comes from?

I mean, look it up.

You're easily fooled by polls.
What you think of the word is irrelevant. Once again, a VAST majority of those polled stated they didn't believe the name was offensive. They are who count here since they are the race of people who were supposedly offended. Not middle to upper middle class white people.

True and prior to the wells report he was tossing out sharp analysis, fumble rates etc..

PK Jan 21 (prior to wells report)

PK after wells report.

Not a huge PK fan but thought I add that he did question the science.

Heard him on WEEI a few months ago and he apologized and accepted all criticism for his support of the 2 psi BS.

I just hate how he tries to have his cake and eat it too. He admits he was fed ******** info, but he will not admit his source deliberately mislead him to try to bury the patriots. Acts as if it was an honest mistake. He also forcefully defends any involvement of Mike Kensil but refuses to name who it actually was. He's a two faced piece of garbage.

I just hate how he tries to have his cake and eat it too. He admits he was fed ******** info, but he will not admit his source deliberately mislead him to try to bury the patriots. Acts as if it was an honest mistake. He also forcefully defends any involvement of Mike Kensil but refuses to name who it actually was. He's a two faced piece of garbage.

That I agree with.

A 'Redskin' Is the Scalped Head of a Native American, Sold, Like a Pelt, for Cash

Those polled were as Indian as Elizabeth Warren. Polls schmolls, you are easily fooled.
This is one account and, even then, it's highly debated. Other accounts have the meaning referring to simply the color of the skin of native tribes. That there isn't an official agreement on just what it means makes those in the C.O.C. offended by it look that much worse.

As for the people that were surveyed not being Native Americans? Take that up with the Post. But, if you want to discuss raw percentages, 90% of tribe members surveyed said the name was not offensive while 10% said it was. Once again, that is a LANDSLIDE. And those were just the percentages of those who belong to a tribe.

I'm really sorry that you're probably one of the white people I talked about in my OP, but you have no footing here when so many of the people who are supposed to be offended by the word, at least according ton the C.O.C., are not.

This is one account and, even then, it's highly debated. Other accounts have the meaning referring to simply the color of the skin of native tribes. That there isn't an official agreement on just what it means makes those in the C.O.C. offended by it look that much worse.

As for the people that were surveyed not being Native Americans? Take that up with the Post. But, if you want to discuss raw percentages, 90% of tribe members surveyed said the name was not offensive while 10% said it was. Once again, that is a LANDSLIDE. And those were just the percentages of those who belong to a tribe.

I'm really sorry that you're probably one of the white people I talked about in my OP, but you have no footing here when so many of the people who are supposed to be offended by the word, at least according ton the C.O.C., are not.
Boom roasted

An overwhelming majority of actual Native Americans that were polled don't find the term all that derogatory anymore. In football terms, that poll was a 56-3 blowout.
I find it really hard to believe that a poll of 500 people scattered across the country conducted by telephone and cellphone is all that accurate in this instance.

What you think of the word is irrelevant. Once again, a VAST majority of those polled stated they didn't believe the name was offensive. They are who count here since they are the race of people who were supposedly offended. Not middle to upper middle class white people.
A vast majority of the people in a poll found TB12 to be the fifth worst person in the NFL, one spot behind Greg Hardy and one spot ahead of Ray Lewis.

For the most part? White people living in upper middle class neighborhoods posting anonymously behind their white picket fences apparently care more about it than Native Americans actually do. I call them the C.O.C. (Constantly Offended Crowd). This crowd knows no race, sexuality, height, weight, religious belief, or political affiliation. They are simply miserable people who wake up every day (probably alone or next to a whale of a partner) offended by something in the world that, in the big picture, is usually extremely trivial. As time goes on, the rest of us will continue to learn to pay them no mind.

Yo Kontra, you got something against whales?

Peter King speak with forked tongue. Me no likum. :)

You are one of the many white people looking for affirmation of your backward points-of-views, and you have found it, and now you can say all the crap you want. Congratulations.

A 'Redskin' Is the Scalped Head of a Native American, Sold, Like a Pelt, for Cash

Those polled were as Indian as Elizabeth Warren. Polls schmolls, you are easily fooled.

I spent some time searching for how Native American Indians felt about the Redskins as a football team and as a term.

Interesting but seemingly complex results.

1. Apparently an American Indian was one of the key contributors in the design of the Redskins logo. Many American Indians are proud of the logo and support the team because of it. Consequently they were deeply insulted with the "cartoonish" Cleveland Indians' logo.

2. As you say, most do think of the term Redskin as a disparaging term or at least would not want to be called a Redskin. Oddly their opinions seem to vary regarding whether the team should change its name or not. Some know that the team was not named "Redskins" to disparage the American Indian rather it was named with the ideals of bravery, strength etc. Others fear changing the name would eliminate the logo and would be counterproductive as the term Redskin, alone, may be disparaging but together with the football logo and its representation is not. Finally there are American Indians who think the term should not be used at all and that it does not matter whether the team or its logo are eliminated or not because the American Indians have much larger social economical issues to deal with and some dumb football team is the least of their concerns.

So there's that.

Edit: I personally have always thought of Redskin in the same context as Soldier or Warrior. Brave tough fighters who were American Indians.

Anyways it's up to them.

Last edited:
I find it really hard to believe that a poll of 500 people scattered across the country conducted by telephone and cellphone is all that accurate in this instance.

How The Washington Post conducted the survey on the Redskins’ name

Q: How were Native Americans chosen for the survey?
The survey was conducted in conjunction with weekly national surveys of U.S. adults reached through a random sample of cellular and landline telephones conducted by Social Science Research Solutions of Media, Pa. Toward the end of a survey on a range of topics, respondents who identified their race as Native American were asked a series of questions on views of the Redskins team name and Native American imagery in sports. While Native Americans account for about 2 percent of the total population, the survey’s extended field period from December to April reached 504 Native American respondents. The survey interviewed Native Americans living in all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and respondents both living on or near reservations and those who do not.

Q: How did the survey account for tribal membership?
Respondents were asked whether they are currently enrolled as a member with a Native American tribe and to which specific tribe they belong. Tribal members represented 36 percent of interviews conducted and accounted for 44 percent of the final weighted sample, which matches the Census Bureau’s data on demographic and geographic characteristics. Cherokee and Navajo members accounted for the largest share of this group, though most reported enrollment in smaller tribes. Survey results are reported both for tribal members and non-tribal members, as well as for other demographic groups.

If you have a better methodology for accounting for the opinions on Native Americans then I'm all ears. Until then, this poll is about as accurate as we are going to get. As I stated before, even if you only look at the opinions of tribe members, this is a massive, MASSIVE landslide. The vast majority of them simply don't see that word as offensive. When you combine that with the fact that there isn't even a historical agreement between experts on whether or not the word is offensive, you have an embarrassing turn of events for the C.O.C. Not to worry, though. They'll move on to something else and it will more than likely be even more trivial and/or ridiculous. It usually is.

Yo Kontra, you got something against whales?

Thanks for the morning laugh, ven. I like you. When I take over, you can be my Minister of Propaganda. ;)

You are one of the many white people looking for affirmation of your backward points-of-views, and you have found it, and now you can say all the crap you want. Congratulations.

I wasn't looking for affirmation of it at all. I fully understood my viewpoint wasn't completely absurd. As a matter of fact, I really don't give a damn one way or another and I really didn't care about the topic at all. I just think the poll is hilarious because it flies in the face of every argument the C.O.C. has made regarding the word. There are bigger fish to fry in this world and there are many, MANY things going on in this world today to actually be offended about. A word whose meaning has no full historical agreement is not one of them. That said, I'll take your borderline personal attack as confirmation that you understand you have no logical counterargument here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back