PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King and SI Writers make their picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good a place as any to put this.

ESPN asked 100 random celebrities (and I do mean random) to make their picks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=3224547&sportCat=nfl

It was quite interesting to see who picked the Giants, and why. Bloomberg's comments about who the "better team" is were particularly enlightening, mayor of NYC or not.

if u really know the facts....just look at the scores

about half the ppl chose NE, the other half chose NY....but look at the scores...

those choosing NE gave 3-25 pt margins, usually at least a 14 pt margin...

those choosing NY gave a 1-7 pt margin of victory, with many saying that the pats lose by only one point...

Anyone else find it ironic that a guy named "Hack" picked the Giants to win?

Z needs to be Put out to Pasture, or the glue factory.

Lots of good celeb links. I remember when she went out with Bo Belinsky. A nickel for anybody who gets that reference.

Seau's just a baby compared to Mamie Van Doren, 76 years young

diorcheckjacket03sml.jpg

Patriots, 28-7. The New England Patriots are a cross between a symphony orchestra and a steam roller. Every player plays his part as they flatten their opponents.

Zimmerman is a real idiot sometimes. In fact, I have one real problem with something he wrote - or didn't write - earlier this season, but more on that later.

...aging, tiring, depressed and despondent ...
I suspect he's saying this somewhat in jest, but if I didn't know better, I'd think he was describing himself.

For an aging, tired depressed, and despondent defense, I love how the Patriots defense hasn't given up a TD in the last 6 quarters against the Chargers (one of the most athletic teams in the league, even without Tomlinson) and the Jags (the dreaded uber-physical team that everyone was afraid to play heading into the playoffs ... remember, Z?)

Also, seriously, what is with all the talk about the Giants playing better football lately than anyone? Maybe relative to their own abilities...? They beat Tampa solidly but barely scraped by Dallas and Green Bay, and frankly, I would probably take the Chargers and Jags over any of those teams. Pats beat Jags by double-digits and could have done the same to San Diego but chose to run out the clock. Interesting stuff.

Good a place as any to put this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=3224547&sportCat=nfl

It was quite interesting to see who picked the Giants, and why. Bloomberg's comments about who the "better team" is were particularly enlightening, mayor of NYC or not.

LOL. Maybe 1 in 10 sounded as if they actually watch football. I dunno who Martina McBride is, but she's in the 1/10th

Must get really boring around ESPN.

PHYLLIS DILLER
ComediennePatriots, 30-10. A rout. I love routs.

I dunno what to say about this one.

She loves routs????

ELISABETH SHUE
ActressPatriots, 31-20. History seems to be on their side.

This just makes me want her that much more... sigh.

Lots of good celeb links. I remember when she went out with Bo Belinsky. A nickel for anybody who gets that reference.

Seau's just a baby compared to Mamie Van Doren, 76 years young

diorcheckjacket03sml.jpg

Patriots, 28-7. The New England Patriots are a cross between a symphony orchestra and a steam roller. Every player plays his part as they flatten their opponents.

Is she REALLY over 70????

If so, I would have to say that she is, by far, the most sexy 70 year old chick... EVER.

I would have NEVER thought that I would EVER say that either.

I would have said 40 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes