PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perillo Monday practice notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=20355&pcid=44&special_section=trainingcamp2006

8/7/06
Training camp: Monday afternoon notes
by Paul Perillo, Patriots Football Weekly

Patriots fans received a big surprise on Monday with the return of several key players. Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Dan Koppen, Randall Gay and Johnathan Sullivan were activated off the physically unable to perform list.

“It feels really good. All things considered, it’s been a long time,” Harrison said. “I never doubted that I’d be back. I knew you guys doubted it, but that really served as motivation.”

Harrison was dressed in full pads and took part in all drills while sporting a black brace on his left knee. While he took part in all the drills, he did appear to be limited slightly, running gingerly at times, especially when slowing down and cutting.

When Harrison took his spot at safety during a seven-on-seven drill, he was greeted with a nice applause from the crowd. Just before the first play, one enthusiastic fan shouted, “Pop him, Rodney.”

“It was definitely emotional, very much so,” Harrison said. “There were a lot of different feelings going through my body. But it felt good to be back in that huddle. Tom [Brady] gave me a big smack and said, ‘I’m going to burn you’ and I just said, ‘Bring it on.’”

Harrison wouldn’t say when he would be ready for a full workload in terms of contact but just seeing him on the field was a big lift for the entire team. Further adding to that excitement was the return of Daniel Graham, who had yet to practice this summer. Graham was in uniform wearing a red non-contact jersey, and linebacker Monty Beisel returned after missing the previous two days of practice.

Who’s hot: The training staff – Any day you get the likes of Harrison, Seymour, Koppen and Graham back from serious injuries has to be considered a good one for the medical personnel. Getting Harrison back on the field well before most people expected is an impressive feat.

Last edited:
Vrabels getting his ILB prevention reps again...

The defense featured some four-man fronts with Ty Warren and Mike Wright lining up at end and Wilfork and Seymour inside at tackle.
He was pretty much the #5 DL last season and with Jarvis nursing an injury is clearly settled into that slot in the coach's minds...

I like that Blue got some second team reps.

This is awesome news!
Huge!
I was beginning to think it was going to be a tough road to the Super Bowl.
Now that these guys are back, it won't be so tough.

of course the best news is that Rodney is on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News