PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per Rapoport, Brady to OL: “Against the Steelers, don’t worry, I got it”

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine and dandy and all but the challenge with this time against the Steelers is that they have the footage from the playoff game versus the Jets last year. I'm sure they'll work a few of those wrinkles into their game plan.
Everyone in the world has seen "the footage." Having the personnel to execute it is another story altogether. Think the Jets 3 weeks ago had seen "the footage?"

Koppen is no longer the center against the Steelers...this year it's Dan Connolly going up against Casey Hampton who might be the best NT Connolly has seen yet...this never before seen matchup in the trenches could be very interesting.

Isn't Hampton injured?

I think the change we will see is in the Steelers offense. I wont be surprised if they go a little hurry up and spread the pats D 5 wides instead of their conventional running the ball stuff.

Connolly's been pretty darn good for the Patriots since replacing Koppen. It would be interesting to see a direct comparison between Koppen and Connolly's performances at center.

Don't need to. The dramatic increase in the number blown protection assignments resulting in unblocked rushers this tells the story of Koppen's value over Connolly.

Isn't Hampton injured?

Expected to be back after 3 weeks off

They already were down a NT,they had to have Hampton try and get back or bring up McKenzie who I believe was on their PS

Don't need to. The dramatic increase in the number blown protection assignments resulting in unblocked rushers this tells the story of Koppen's value over Connolly.
I take it you have some sort of metric to support that claim for the rest of us to peruse (or at the very least comparative video footage)?

Last edited:
I think the change we will see is in the Steelers offense. I wont be surprised if they go a little hurry up and spread the pats D 5 wides instead of their conventional running the ball stuff.

This isn't the Cowher Steelers - they play Arians-Ball now in Pittsburgh.

Alot of multiple 3+ WR formations, alot less FB reliant stuff (which Mendenhall was crying about a little while ago).

There won't be much Bettis-inspired '3 yards and a cloud of dust' going on this sunday.

Or the lack thereof proves the opposite

ROFLMAO!

That may be the stupidest post of the year on this website.

The actual JETS THEMSELVES lost to the Pats three weeks ago.

Perhaps in your addled head you think the Jets didn't have access to their OWN footage of last year's playoff game?

Where do we get these new posters????

So just because we beat them a few weeks ago you don't think teams are going to study the loss to them last year? We didn't even beat them that convincingly and it was because our run game, not our pass game, that we did win. You know nothing about Football or game preparation. You probably didn't even play Pop Warner. I'm so glad you're not on the Patriot's coaching staff.

God where do these old farts get their entitlement from????:bricks:

Everyone in the world has seen "the footage." Having the personnel to execute it is another story altogether. Think the Jets 3 weeks ago had seen "the footage?"

Obviously we adapted our offense slightly but the Jets didn't run the same exact scheme as they did in the playoffs. No one ever does that against a familiar foe. Everyone adapts slightly but the truth is there is a lot of great looks in from that game that other teams will throw at us. Will they use it 60 out of 60 plays? Obviously not. But will it be sprinkled in here and there? You bet you sweet ass it will.

So if you're the Steelers this week which game videos are you watching? Our 57-X blowouts from 2007 or our losses to Baltimore, Jets, Cleveland and struggles against the Cowboys?

You guys are such level 0 thinkers. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to educate you on strategy.

It really doesn't, though, because line calls are helped significantly with experience, and Connolly will have the rest of the season to get up to speed.

It really doesn't, though, because line calls are helped significantly with experience, and Connolly will have the rest of the season to get up to speed.

Heard somewhere that Brady had taken on the task of making some of the line calls. Not sure if so but makes some sense. If so, this should decrease for Brady with Connolly's time in the OC position.

Last edited:
Obviously we adapted our offense slightly but the Jets didn't run the same exact scheme as they did in the playoffs. No one ever does that against a familiar foe. Everyone adapts slightly but the truth is there is a lot of great looks in from that game that other teams will throw at us. Will they use it 60 out of 60 plays? Obviously not. But will it be sprinkled in here and there? You bet you sweet ass it will.

So if you're the Steelers this week which game videos are you watching? Our 57-X blowouts from 2007 or our losses to Baltimore, Jets, Cleveland and struggles against the Cowboys?

You guys are such level 0 thinkers. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to educate you on strategy.

Because your Steelers are playing our Pats this week and your coal mine closed down for the year?

Honestly, anyone who writes that the Steelers have an advantage for watching footage of the Jets win over the Pats last year - - without understanding that the Jets had that same footage AND PERSONAL ONFIELD EXPERIENCE OF THAT GAME and STILL got manhandled by the Pats 3 weeks ago - - is so mind blowingly stupid, that one can only pray for your well-being in making it through your day. Don't forget to eat a lunch.

Last edited:
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to educate you on strategy.

I don't know either. You should give up on us and go away forever.

The Patriots have access to the same footage.

Because your Steelers are playing our Pats this week and your coal mine closed down for the year?

Honestly, anyone who writes that the Steelers have an advantage for watching footage of the Jets win over the Pats last year - - without understanding that the Jets had that same footage AND PERSONAL ONFIELD EXPERIENCE OF THAT GAME and STILL got manhandled by the Pats 3 weeks ago - - is so mind blowingly stupid, that one can only pray for your well-being in making it through your day. Don't forget to eat a lunch.

And anyone who thinks that game plans in the NFL are so vanilla as to one scheme all game is so mind blowingly stupid.

Don't forget to make sure you put on two of the same type of shoe.

And anyone who thinks that game plans in the NFL are so vanilla as to one scheme all game is so mind blowingly stupid.

I just tried that and I'm returning the pair to the shoe store. They don't match.

LMFAO, the Steeler fans all are asking you to quit embarrassing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST