PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans = Tom Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right I am calling you guys out. You are overeacting.

Anyone remember the infamous words uttered by Tom Jackson after the 31-0 bills game

"They hate their coach"

Well anyone who is whinning about this loss, the fans booing and/or leaving, Randy Moss alledged dogging, and/or the QB position is in the same boat as Tom Jackson was back then.

That same Bills team that blew the Patriots out in game one of 2003 finished 6-10 that season, while New England finished 14-2. You just never know what's going to happen.

Needless to say there are still 13 long weeks ahead.

As for the statement that fans should have the right to criticize coaches and players, I'm not saying you don't, that you can't, or that you shouldn't. What I do have an issue with is this unbelievable notion of people treating this season like it's already over, people insinuating that Belichick is a fraud, etc., calling for a new quarterback, etc. If you want to start moaning and groaning in the event we're sitting here and they're 3-13 and Cassel has 4 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, then be my guest. But to be talking this way when we're heading into a bye with a 2-1 record with 13 weeks to go and most of the roster being healthy is just ridiculous.

You know who you are :cool:

Last edited:
its not the booing. It is the BB is overated threads or can't win without Tom, it is the we need another QB threads, the Randy is quiting on the team threads, and any other crazy thread that was started in complete overeaction.

and if you read my OP you would notice I was not critizing the booers actually defending them though I would never boo my team. I didn't when they were 1-15 and wont now or anytime in the future.

signbradybaby said:
Well anyone who is whinning about this loss, the fans booing and/or leaving, Randy Moss alledged dogging, and/or the QB position is in the same boat as Tom Jackson was back then.

Huh?

10 chars

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you demoralize people’s opinions and reactions it’s childish. And ya you really called me out!! hail king of the forum:rofl:

Well when your opinion unjustly demoralizes the team we are all on here talk about after just 3 NFL games 2 of which were wins than I will say you are overeacting. Call me childish if you want but seems to me like you are the one being childish.

Huh?

10 chars

I was saying anyone who was complaining about the fans booing was overeacting. maybe that did come out a little confusing the way I separated the sentance. I was not saying that booing itself was an overeaction as I think that was a reaction to the sh*tty play and not the teams overall chances this year.

Last edited:
I was saying anyone who was complaining about the fans booing was overeacting. maybe that did come out a little confusing the way I separated the sentance.

Ohhhh, I see. Cool. :eat3:

Haha, Brady is just wrong and Hobbs is right. Right. I have a feeling you might just be saying that because Hobbs agrees with you and Brady doesn't.

Brady understands that he should be mad at his own play rather than be mad at the people who pay his salary. That attitude is why he's a champion. Booing two three and outs is dumb for sure, but booing at all is what's being discussed here.

well...booing in general doesnt apply at gillete really..thats what i mean, they will boo even in a mediocre performance early in the first quarter. frankly i didnt like hobbs had to come out complaining about boo birds, i expect all players to react like brady does but thats what professionals do. no one is saying here dont boo the team because the players feel it. i surely hope not. just take the game and situation and the history into perspective when booing.
i saw the GB game sunday night, 27-9 late and the crowd was just silent and cheered when a meaningless fumble was recovered by GB and they havent won much since last 11 yrs.

Well when your opinion unjustly demoralizes the team we are all on here talk about after just 3 NFL games 2 of which were wins than I will say you are overeacting. Call me childish if you want but seems to me like you are the one being childish.

My opinions have been consistent to your original post, I just disagree with the way you went about it with some of the comments in it

That same Bills team that blew the Patriots out in game one of 2003 finished 6-10 that season, while New England finished 14-2. You just never know what's going to happen.

Needless to say there are still 13 long weeks ahead.

As for the statement that fans should have the right to criticize coaches and players, I'm not saying you don't, that you can't, or that you shouldn't. What I do have an issue with is this unbelievable notion of people treating this season like it's already over, people insinuating that Belichick is a fraud, etc., calling for a new quarterback, etc. If you want to start moaning and groaning in the event we're sitting here and they're 3-13 and Cassel has 4 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, then be my guest. But to be talking this way when we're heading into a bye with a 2-1 record with 13 weeks to go and most of the roster being healthy is just ridiculous.

You know who you are :cool:

Seeing as this is your message board can you just replace what I said in the OP with what you just said because you put it much better than me.

Did anybody catch Tom Jackson giving his 'gameball' to the Dolphins team this week? He's approaching Marshall Faulk level, you just can't get anymore blatant. Amazing these people still have jobs.

well...booing in general doesnt apply at gillete really..thats what i mean, they will boo even in a mediocre performance early in the first quarter. frankly i didnt like hobbs had to come out complaining about boo birds, i expect all players to react like brady does but thats what professionals do. no one is saying here dont boo the team because the players feel it. i surely hope not. just take the game and situation and the history into perspective when booing.
i saw the GB game sunday night, 27-9 late and the crowd was just silent and cheered when a meaningless fumble was recovered by GB and they havent won much since last 11 yrs.

There are plenty of people here who are claiming that if you boo at all you're a bandwagon fan and don't deserve the team you cheer for.

Your point about the GB game is a good one though.

Did anybody catch Tom Jackson giving his 'gameball' to the Dolphins team this week? He's approaching Marshall Faulk level, you just can't get anymore blatant. Amazing these people still have jobs.

He mentioned that with Brady, Asante and Moss (?) gone, we're done for the year. He also called Asante our best defensive player and heavily insinuated that we were seeing the effect of him leaving against the Dolphins.

Right.

He mentioned that with Brady, Asante and Moss (?) gone, we're done for the year. He also called Asante our best defensive player and heavily insinuated that we were seeing the effect of him leaving against the Dolphins.

Right.

The Phins certainly deserve a game ball for their performance, but the rest that Jackson is is pure bullpuckey.

The Patriots will be okay this year they have too much talent to lay down and die like they did on Sunday.

What the hell happened to all the good analysis that used to be on this board? Is there a separate board somewhere?

There are plenty of people here who are claiming that if you boo at all you're a bandwagon fan and don't deserve the team you cheer for.

Your point about the GB game is a good one though.

Who's made that claim? I haven't seen it, so I'd love to get the context.

Seems awfully funny that TFB HIMSELF said that they have every right to boo, and that he would boo himself, yet folks on here think fans that boo aren't real fans at all.

Bah, Get Real.

BTW Folks, all of those "Other years" that things didn't go perfectly, and we still won, and that the Defense will be fine " look at last year, we were 2nd in sacks"......
Guess What?

TFB was the QB on those teams, and unless I'm mistaken, that is a HUGE difference maker right there, the safety blanket is gone.

I have NOT given up on this team, but folks around here need to get real and realize that the Pats D will most likely be on the field ALOT this year, and I'm not talking up 37-3 either with their ears pinned back...

They are going to have to really earn it this year, hopefully the D and Coaching staff are up to the task, because if they aren't, then there will be more of what we saw Sunday.

Peace

Last edited:
Last edited:
Where is the post about not booing at all? All I see is posts about booing after 21 straight victories. Clearly, those are two separate items.

They are huh?

Really?

Well if we lose the next 10 in a row, will folks THEN have the right to boo, or will they be thrown on the guillotine and beheaded anyways, with chant's of " You no good jagoff, don't you realize what they have done for you!! Pretty soon you'll actually think that you pay their salaries"!!

They stunk up the joint like a JV team, they got booed for it.
Sorry, but it is what it is, and it's done....
I bet if they actually perform like an NFL team, there will be FAR less booing.

Where's the quote of Brady saying the fans had every right to boo?

Where is the post about not booing at all? All I see is posts about booing after 21 straight victories. Clearly, those are two separate items.

What are you talking about? Did you read it? Do I have to quote and bold it for you? At least try to work with me a little here man...

Edit: okay, I see what you're saying. What's your reply to Muzz?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore