PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans: READ Michael Silver on Belichick and Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but this is one amazing account of Sunday's incident, and how and why it happened. This story deserves all the attention it can get.

It just re-hashes all the BS we've heard all week. It ALMOST sounds as if Pats67 is pissed off at BB and is trying to get the rest of us to understand.

I truly hope I am wrong, but if that is your goal, you're part of "them" as in, "US AGAINST THEM" US being REAL Patriots fans!

What was REALLY funny was the little section he has called, LIES, LIES, LIES:

1. Because Randy Moss caught nine passes for 183 yards in his Patriots debut, that proves he's a great person and teammate who was completely misunderstood in Minnesota and Oakland.

In other words, my rant that signing Randy Moss was a huge mistake for the Patriots is immune to evidence. OK, Michael, we get it ...

Re: PatsFans-READ Michael Silver on Belichick and Mangini

I don't see how BB comes off poorly at all. We learn that:
1) mangini stole confidential files from Gillette when he left to get the Jet job
2) that he set up BB with the freaking FBI at last Sunday's game
3) That he had this poor videographer interrogated by the FBI for an hour
4) That Tannenbaum was directly involved
5) That he tampered with Deion Branch
6) That he defied his mentor by taking the Jet job when BB would have helped him get any other
7) That he stole the Pats signals over the summer via Brian "Baldy McFly" Daboll.

What a tool. I fail to see how BB did anything wrong. The signals were only analyzed "after the game". Big freaking deal. This is all about Mangini being the most vile traitor.

Belichick comes off poorly because 99% of people don't know these things or don't care to acknowledge them. If you're a Chargers fan, you don't really care what the relationship is between the Jets and the Patriots (no more than you or I care about how much Chargers and Raiders fans hate each other). All that matters to them is that Marty botched a game they should have won, but they'll get "revenge" by winning the second game they play in the regular season.

This nonsense is going on all around the place, Belichick should have just realized that the spotlight would be on him because of recent successes and should have realized that a rat like Mangina would pull a stunt like this.

Belichick is the loser this week (just like when Danny Ainge was the loser a few months ago for not getting Gred Oden), but Mangina will be the loser in the long run.

It's the column Michael Silver was destined to write. He's been sucking your team's gnads all year long and I would have expected nothing less than this.

I must be missing something because I didn't see how any of this justifies the penalty the Patriots received whatsoever.

I was however disappointed that the Patriots did not sue Mangini after hearing Phil Simms relate how Mangini showed Pennington the Patriots' scouting report on him, which was obviously Patriots' property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3