PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Jets: cross flexed to FOX? [Update: still on CBS; typo on initial NFL press release]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrock

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
According to this press release today Pats/Jets now on FOX.

No mention of it in the release but also I might have missed it before but was it released anytime previously?

Here is a screen shot attached I took of NFL schedule today.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 10
Kind of surprised, I would think a game between the pats and rats that involved playoff implications for the rats would be prime time fodder.

As long as it's not on at night I don't care. o_O

week 16 is a Fox doubleheader week, so it should get our game in a few more markets

I'm in the Miami market so I want theDolphins to stay on CBS, or else I have to watch them.

Has to be a typo. No way in hell is CBS giving up Pats/Jets, a game they protected. Plus it isn't even in the write up. I think they would make mention of it being cross-flexed as they mention the other games that were.

As long as it's not on at night I don't care. o_O

I'm with you, night games kill me the next day. I know most everyone loves the prime time games, but I'd rather have every pats game at 1pm.

Kind of surprised, I would think a game between the pats and rats that involved playoff implications for the rats would be prime time fodder.

NE has hit the 6-game cap on primetime games and so can't be given another reg season primetimer.

Has to be a typo. No way in hell is CBS giving up Pats/Jets, a game they protected. Plus it isn't even in the write up. I think they would make mention of it being cross-flexed as they mention the other games that were.

I think it is too, but you never know with the NFL. That's why I started the thread in case I missed something earlier

Lets hope the pats ask for the footballs to be checked. We saw what happened last year

week 16 is a Fox doubleheader week, so it should get our game in a few more markets

I'm in the Miami market so I want theDolphins to stay on CBS, or else I have to watch them.

Screwed because I'm in the Tamper Bay market & the Bucs are on Fox at 1PM
Off to the island sports bar.

I would think pats-jets would be flexed to the night game, no?

NE has hit the 6-game cap on primetime games and so can't be given another reg season primetimer.

IIRC in 2007 Pats had 7 prime time games. The last one was supposed to be on the new (back then) nfl network which only some people had at the time. There was a lot of *****ing and moaning around the country because many people weren't able to see if pats finished with perfect season. That whole week the NFL was getting slammed daily for restricting the game to only the NFL Network.

The NFL then decided to show it on both NFL network and CBS (I think it was CBS), giving some BS explanation like 'we're flexible and we want everyone to be able to view our games'.

Last edited:
IIRC in 2007 Pats had 7 prime time games. The last one was supposed to be on the new (back then) nfl network which only some people had at the time. There was a lot of *****ing and moaning around the country because many people weren't able to see if pats finished with perfect season. That whole week the NFL was getting slammed daily for restricting the game to only the NFL Network.

The NFL then decided to show it on both NFL network and CBS (I think it was CBS), using some BS reason like 'we're flexible and we want everyone to be able to view our games'.

Nope only had 6
SD
Cincy
Buffalo
Philly
Baltimore
NYG

I think the Pats-Jets game should be flexed to SNF

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back