PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats visit with DL Darrion Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots always like to have extra bodies at the DL position heading into camp.

You dont want to overuse Wilfork Warren and Seymour non stop. You want those guys to know the system and play in it but not overwork them in TC so they are less effective in the regular season.

Scott would be very good depth at DE. With Wright and Scott as back-ups, things would look good.

Could this mean the team is after a DT in the draft to back up Vince????
Frank Oakham Texas did someone say to spell Vince?
DW Toys

If his foot, and character, check out, he could be a very young and potentially good addition to the d-line. Perhaps we will see more of a 4-3 than usual ?
This team is loading up. Scott would provide tremendous depth up front. Seymour, Warren, Wright, Green, Scott and Thomas would be a nice group at DE, with each having the ability to play inside in certain schemes.

You're asking for it there!

Anyone else think BB might be looking for a little extra explosiveness out of the d-line? Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork and great great players, but I saw A LOT (both in the SB and regular season) of times when we were very close to sacking the QB but just couldn't bring him down.

Maybe he wants the option of going Green and Scott on the outsides for downs when he wants more pass rush?

Anyone else think BB might be looking for a little extra explosiveness out of the d-line? Seymour, Warren, and Wilfork and great great players, but I saw A LOT (both in the SB and regular season) of times when we were very close to sacking the QB but just couldn't bring him down.

Maybe he wants the option of going Green and Scott on the outsides for downs when he wants more pass rush?

IMO, it's not necessarily quite that, but my feeling is that adding another starting caliber DL will allow Seymour, Warren and Wilfork to play less snaps, making them more effective when they are on the field, particularly down the stretch.

IMO, it's not necessarily quite that, but my feeling is that adding another starting caliber DL will allow Seymour, Warren and Wilfork to play less snaps, making them more effective when they are on the field, particularly down the stretch.

Remember the Eagles rotating two different D-lines series by series? It allowed their key starters to stay fresher. I wouldn't go that far, but I do like the idea of using some other D-linemen a little more. It should help keep the main three (Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren) fresh, and healthier (hopefully) as the season progresses. Green's a starter on other teams, so he's obviously going to continue getting a decent amount of snaps, but I would like to see someone step up behind Wilfork, and for another DE to prove worthy of snaps.

In the past the D-line has mentioned that they are more gap control, less attack. Perhaps with the addition of Capers and his rep for having an attacking style that the D will be more aggressive this year. Thus, adding back-ups like Scott would keep the Big 3 rested while allowing for a talented reserve.

In any case, a quality back-up like Scott would keep the starters fresh for the 4th quarter and later in the season.

Remember the Eagles rotating two different D-lines series by series? It allowed their key starters to stay fresher. I wouldn't go that far, but I do like the idea of using some other D-linemen a little more. It should help keep the main three (Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren) fresh, and healthier (hopefully) as the season progresses. Green's a starter on other teams, so he's obviously going to continue getting a decent amount of snaps, but I would like to see someone step up behind Wilfork, and for another DE to prove worthy of snaps.

I agree, and I would apply it to the LB position as well. I am hoping we see a more liberal rotation going on at many positions really.

Can Scott play NT in the 3-4?

Last edited:
since the pats were looking at him mangini will sign him

Wow, as a player, this would be a really good pickup.

Scott isn't a premier pass rusher, but as a run defender he is definitely good. He is strong at the point of attack, and at 6'3 about 290 he seems to fit the Patriots prototype of DEs.

He's a little light, but maybe he could challenge Wright for the backup NT job? I'd prefer we pick up a pure NT, but they seem to be few and far between at this point.

Our d-line has gassed in the past couple of losses this team has had. Obviously the d-line isn't a big concern, but you can always upgrade, and if the price is right this would be a great addition. Having 2 legit backup DEs in our scheme is a great luxury.

Last edited:
So he smoked a little weed, big deal, 90% of the people over 18 have tried the stuff. If he can play sign him. The team locker ass kickers will straighten his butt out on the reason he's there. To win a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes