Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Mike Reiss:

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

I'm glad the Pats are at least looking at true 3-4 DT backups to Wilfork. In addition to Knighton and Baker the draft also has Dorell Scott from Clemson, Sammie Lee Hill from Stillman, and sleeper pick Vaughn Martin from Western Ontario. Plus a few others (Terrance Taylor, Myron Pryor, etc.).

From Mike Reiss:

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

I'm glad the Pats are at least looking at true 3-4 DT backups to Wilfork. In addition to Knighton and Baker the draft also has Dorell Scott from Clemson, Sammie Lee Hill from Stillman, and sleeper pick Vaughn Martin from Western Ontario. Plus a few others (Terrance Taylor, Myron Pryor, etc.).

You overlooked two of the best. BJ Raji wil be long gone, but Ron Brace is the best looking NT backup out there, aside from BJ.

Chris Baker played DE for 3 years at Penn State and was an outside rusher. He dropped down a division after getting thrown out of PSU for multiple assaults. Seems to me that he gained a lot of weight (30 pounds) in one year since leaving.

I seriously doubt the weight was gained to allow him to compete better against lower division players. I had him projected as a 3-4 DE like Ty Warren.

You overlooked two of the best. BJ Raji wil be long gone, but Ron Brace is the best looking NT backup out there, aside from BJ.

I didn't overlook them. I've focused plenty on Raji, who is my #1 prospect for the Pats but who will be long gone. Brace has been discussed a lot as well, though I don't think I would spend a first day pick on him. The other guys are all 2nd day values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe