PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats tidbits from Rick Gosselin column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Plus a couple of possible comp picks for Watson and Green, so it's realistically at around 12.

I know we said this last year, but would another 12 picks make this team?

I reckon we should use some of these picks to get a player in this year. Maybe our 3rd for a pass-rusher

I reckon we should use some of these picks to get a player in this year. Maybe our 3rd for a pass-rusher
Derrick Burgess Jr. :D

If a rookie pay scale is put in place, 2011 could be the year to be aggressive and go after some players at the top of the draft that we really like. Imagine this (obviously optimistic) scenario:

Our 1st round picks are 9 (Oak-1350 Pts) and 32 (I can dream right?-590 Pts).

Our 2nds are 47 (Car-430) and 64 (270).

If we had two players in the top 10 we really liked, we could trade 32, 47, and 64 to someone for the number 10 pick (1300 Pts) and go top heavy if we chose.

Not saying we would do that, but that would be the limit to our flexibility (a jump from 32 to 10). That's assuming we won the SB, so if you assume we don't and have a pick in the mid 20's or so, the jump gets even easier.

With a ton of rookies making the squad in two consecutive years, this might be the best opportunity (in hopefully a cost controlled environment) to pick up a couple of Seymour/Mayo level talents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes