PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats stole Jets' calls - the latest fantasy theory [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look back 4 or 5 posts ... #274 ...

ill pose the question to you too. You really think this is some crazy grassy nole theory. IMO there is some kind of truth wether it is common threw the league, a minor thing, or what ever else. and also imo it is d-u-m dum.

Um, no, that was Salisbury. Mortensen is about as credible a source as there is in the league.

Except that Mort was also the guy that said no charges would be filed against Vick.....

I find this all highly amusing. Who cares? Stealing signals is as old as football itself, and part of gamesmanship. I just laugh thinking of how crushing this defeat may prove to be for the Jets and their horrible, bitter fans, who cheered an injury to their best player.

I don't understand...if these are very serious allegations then how come our worst punishment would be the loss of a draft pick?
That's an f'ing major punishment... A fine would be no big deal, and the way clubs are usually punished.

Could a single cameraman, acting alone, possibly have stolen the Jets coaches' signals? Some people are speculating that there must have been a second cameraman. NFL investigators are now focusing on an audio tape which seems to have recorded the sound of a camera shutter clicking in the area of a grassy knoll near the runway to the Jets locker room ... stay tuned. Wait Mort, we have more details coming in right now. It seems a congressional committee is now being formed right now to investigate these very serious allegations...
The Patriots in the Belichick era have always made audio and video recordings from their own sidelines as part of internal quality control. I don't think there was anything more than a single camera and a single audio guy. They roam, but not much. Kids, mostly. Fresh out of college, or not even (but that has perhaps changed, I wouldn't know).

The only question is, whether or not those cameras have evolved to serve a broader purpose, and perhaps refocused across the field.

Last edited:
Re: Pats Stole Jets' Calls - the latest fantasy theory

If we'd had the signals, then Pennington would have thrown at least ONE interception. I mean, this is just ridiculous.

As for the article, a person with Patriots Credentials was "put up to it" by the Pats organization? I think that BS. If ANYTHING, I wouldn't be surprised if the person was put up to it by the JETS organization just to get the Pats in trouble.

It's probably that guy who works for the Patriots who pretended to be a woman and posted here.

Re: Pats Stole Jets' Calls - the latest fantasy theory

So what happens when we play Crennel in 4 weeks ? Do we have to get him to pinky promise not to use anything he knew here ? Or Mangini ? Or DaDoll ? It's a bunch of hypocritical nonsense.

F*ck you Mangina. Take the loss like a man.

Let me make sure I have this straight. The Patriots decide to try to steal the Jets' signals. So we send a dude with a video camera walking over to the Jets' sideline, hoping that "noone will notice"??? Huh????

Wouldn't you have someone sitting in section 351 with binoculars instead? The scenario we're accused of sounds like about the 10th most likely way to do it.

ill pose the question to you too. You really think this is some crazy grassy nole theory. IMO there is some kind of truth wether it is common threw the league, a minor thing, or what ever else. and also imo it is d-u-m dum.

FYI, DUMB. Dumb has a 'b' on the end.

my views on camera-gate

1. it's f'ed up

2. Bills, lions and packers are all saying we stole their signals....funny how we steal signals from the worst teams in the whole league.

3. if you taped someones signals you would watch it AFTER the game to study the "signal tape" with the game tape to compare signals to what defence was played. So why would the pats do that to NFC teams??? Teams we wo't see for another few years unless we see them in the SUperBowl and we are NOT seeing the packers or Lions in the super bowl.

4.who is this unnamed member of the competition commitee going to the media with this info. Someone should call him out as a rat and should be removed from the committe.

5. And how do the packers know this is the SAME guy they caught when this guy hasnt been publicly identified??? why do the packers have inside info on who he is.

6. I've read 4 diffrent stories of how the Green bay situation went down....all completely difrent stories.

LASTLY if this is all BULL then if the patriots ever needed motivation for the season, well they have an F'ING wall of it now and may god be with whatever QB is on the other side of our D line.

Last edited:
(downfall:
The packers' guy is on the competition committee and that is how he is
aware)

So, let me get all this straight - it is competitively correct to invite all the castoffs of a team to "interview" them for positions but have a camera supposedly "stealing" signs is cheating. Which one would give more of a competitive edge to a game? Dumb Jets. I bet you it was just the Pats playing with the heads of the JETSYS. Just to tweak them - and LT your next.

There's another factor here....

Mangini was with the Patriots two years ago.

It isn't like if this signal stealing had been happening he wouldn't have known what was going on. So why would the Patriots send a guy to do it when Mangini would already know what they were going to do?

Something doesn't jive.

Let me make sure I have this straight. The Patriots decide to try to steal the Jets' signals. So we send a dude with a video camera walking over to the Jets' sideline, hoping that "noone will notice"??? Huh????

Wouldn't you have someone sitting in section 351 with binoculars instead? The scenario we're accused of sounds like about the 10th most likely way to do it.

Agree'd, and I'd add to that...............

Didn't like 3/4 or more of the current coaching staff coach for us within the last year or two? Are we that stupid that we'd 1) be so obvious when they know we do it openly, 2) film teams while we're playing them which helps very little real time game progress. and 3) we do it with just the crappy teams.

Something about this mangina doesn't smell very fresh.

for those that don't see the obvious.

If all the signal "stealing" is in the camera then how the h*ll can the team use it to their advantage (it was video tape)

(downfall:
The packers' guy is on the competition committee and that is how he is
aware)

So, let me get all this straight - it is competitively correct to invite all the castoffs of a team to "interview" them for positions but have a camera supposedly "stealing" signs is cheating. Which one would give more of a competitive edge to a game? Dumb Jets. I bet you it was just the Pats playing with the heads of the JETSYS. Just to tweak them - and LT your next.

according the Mike reiss this is who is on the COmmitee
The NFL's competition committee includes Titans coach Jeff Fisher (co-chairman),
Falcons general manager Rich McKay (co-chairman),
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis,
Giants executive vice president/CEO John Mara,
Lions general manager Matt Millen,
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome,
Colts president Bill Polian
and Panthers president Mark Richardson.

The article says recording devices are against the rules so if they had a recording device then they broke a rule, but this story just seems screwy to me.

ohh

plus the JETSEYS heard some strangeness with their radio equipment. And are blaming the Pats.

ie Pennington heard some stuff - with as many times as his bell was rung I don't doubt it

F*cking Bill F*cking Polian is on the committee that's going to investigate this!? And other active NFL coaches and GMs who have a huge vested interest in seeing the Pats get screwed?

BILL POLIAN!??

This whole thing is so screwy. If this were some secret thing that only the Pats were doing, but it was as well known as it seems, don't you think it would already have been a huge deal? The truth is that getting someone's hand signals and deciphering what blitz packages correspond to them and putting that information to use in a game is a lot of effort for not a lot of payoff, or else everybody would be doing it. Maybe they wouldn't film, but they'd certainly at the very least have somebody writing down signals and radioing to the offensive coordinator so that they can break them down.

Either way, to me this is part of the game. I'm sure it happens all the time, but pound for pound it doesn't make much of a difference or teams would go to crazy lengths to A) shift up signals and B) jack other peoples as much as possible. Why was the guy not wearing the vest? What use would that video be? Are we willing to believe that Belichick is running a full scale CIA code cracking operation? If so that's the f*cking coolest thing ever, and yeah it might be pushing the edge of competition a bit but it's sure as hell not cheating.

I doubt it changes the game much anyway; and jesus, which one of the BILLS, LIONS, or JETS would have won those games anyway? Why couldn't we beat the Colts last year if we've got this insane windtalker platoon in action. What the f*ck is this story about?

My word, what a season already. This is insane!!!

F*cking Bill F*cking Polian is on the committee that's going to investigate this!? And other active NFL coaches and GMs who have a huge vested interest in seeing the Pats get screwed?
Makes you wonder doesn't it.

The competition committee is fine as is for establishing new rules but with active coaches/GMs it should have no authority for findings of guilt or innocence.

Grizzafted writes with PASSION

keep it up man

Poster on jetnation.com on a thread about Jet fans marching to the league offices for discipline against the Pats:

First after the way the JET fans acted on tv at the stadium after Chad got hurt ,i`m sure Goddall really cares about what a bunch of JET fans think today or tommorrow. Second our defense was so bad not even looking back for the ball to see if it was comming anywhere near them ,they could have put our defense in their offensive huddle and we still wouldn`t have been able to stop them ,they were just that good and we were just that bad ,unlike the William sisters ,i`ll admit when I/WE were bested by a better team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes