PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats stole Jets' calls - the latest fantasy theory [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest Update On Pats Video Situation

Dude, you guys were the better team, and I would hate to win like that. I'm just relaying what I heard on the radio...

I heard a while back on the radio that Chris Mortensen was reporting that Michael Vick would not be indicted according to league sources...

dude, I heard it on the radio...how am I supposed to show a link to something I heard on the radio on the way home from work?
dude...what radio station who was the reporter...I hear LAL kinds of things on the radio.....

anyone hear bill parcells take on it on MNF ?
He said he saw this first between brooklyn dodgers and giants sometime in the 50's so whats new ?? he said simple way to combat it is to have the defensive players have wrist bands.
He summarized it as nothing new but dodged the question if he ever did that or has seen bill b do it ..

Here, from ESPN...

"It's not their first time," a member of the committee, who did not wish to be identified, said.
Sigh.

Maybe it's not the first time. But they have never been found guilty of it. If you steal a car tomorrow, are accused of it but not prosecuted then you are prosecuted for doing it again in a month, you are still a FIRST TIME offender the second time if all you were was accused the first time.

He said he saw this first between brooklyn dodgers and giants sometime in the 50's so whats new ?? he said simple way to combat it is to have the defensive players have wrist bands.
He summarized it as nothing new but dodged the question if he ever did that or has seen bill b do it ..
Parcells' reaction came across to me as : "if you're so stupid that you get your signals stolen, too damn bad".

dude...what radio station who was the reporter...I hear LAL kinds of things on the radio.....

It was local news radio... And it was their sports expert doing the reporting...I dont recall his name.

i just heard the pats stole the " we are not going to tackle Ellis Hobbs when we kick it to him" signal from the Jets......

Mort just had a report confirming that just now on ESPN and said they could be docked draft choices

It was local news radio... And it was their sports expert doing the reporting...I dont recall his name.
And he said something about a forfeit, did he? :rolleyes:

My friend, they could find out that someone fielded a team composed entirely of robots and they wouldn't change the outcome of a game.

Last edited:
Mort just had a report confirming that just now on ESPN and said they could be docked draft choices
His report was as solid as a PFT rumor. If they're found guilty they could be docked draft choices. Great.

I guess you could say that about them paying off refs too.

Sigh.

Maybe it's not the first time. But they have never been found guilty of it. If you steal a car tomorrow, are accused of it but not prosecuted then you are prosecuted for doing it again in a month, you are still a FIRST TIME offender the second time if all you were was accused the first time.

How do you know they were never found guilty? I know, you've never heard anything but maybe they only had a small amount of evidence and it was only a first time offense, so they may have just warned the Pats...

But from the way that guy said it on the ESPN article, it seems as if this would be a 2nd Offense should the Patsies be found guilty...

Re: Oh great first thing mentioend on Sportcenter were the Patriots cheating?

well... since you're asking for it to be explained, here it is.
1) camera man records video of jets' defensive coach calling in coverages
2) at half-time the video of the defensive playcalling is placed in sync with game tape of what defense the jets actually ran.
3) you are then able to decipher what coverage a defense is going to be in before the snap. someone on the patriots sideline with knowledge of the "signs" can watch the plays being signaled into the defense and then relay that information to tom brady via radio.
4) radio frequency issues could either be the patriots tapping into the jets' RF and listening to the calls coming into chad pennington from the sideline, or by the patriots relaying the defensive coverage into tom brady's headset before the play.

could that be the reason the score was 14-7 at halftime and then all of a sudden the patriots started to "click"? i guess we won't know until the NFL concludes its investigation..

Have you any idea how long that would take just to get things "sync"ed up?
Then to distill the information into some useable form?
Then to verify the information is correct because if you deduced wrong
you could be making a game changing bad call!

This is does not seem like a very good idea.

Now that the tape could be used for future games ... sure.
But on the fly??? in a game time environment when things are happening
so fast and everyone has to try to apply everything they practiced to say
they can just infuse all this real time knowledge and expect them to be
efficient with it .... is quite UNBELIEVEABLE.

How do you know they were never found guilty?
The one article I read quoted a GB front office guy answering why they didn't file a grievance and his answer was "because we got our asses kicked". I may look for the link later.

And he said something about a forfeit, did he? :rolleyes:

My friend, they could find out that someone fielded a team composed entirely of robots and they wouldn't change the outcome of a game.

he said that the NFL rulebook calls for a forfeit should a team be found 'illegally obtaining opposing teams' signals.' more then once.

ok who cares! they filed a protest they didn't, whatever man! he is giving you a courtesy heads up!

The one article I read quoted a GB front office guy answering why they didn't file a grievance and his answer was "because we got our asses kicked". I may look for the link later.

Well it may not have been GB...It could've been someone else. Whatever's going on, I think we will all have much more info about this situation later tonight or tomorrow morning...

That's cuz bill b probably learned it from bill p ..

Absolute BS, IMHO. More sour grapes from the rest of the league. You have to be kidding me. Next year they will mandate TB plays with 1 arm tied behind his back.

First the Rodney BS. And now this. Rodney was doing what many of the other players in the league do. But he was singled out. Coincidence? I think not.

Now some yahoo gets caught with a camera behind the Jets bench? He "claims" to be a Pats employee? First of all I don't think the Pats would be so stupid to be caught doing such a thing. Second if he was in fact a Pats employee and was caught then I believe that this type of filming must go on all the time. Maybe teams for the most part just choose to ignore such a thing since it really doesn't matter. But the Jets and Mangenious are choosing to whine.

Those are the only plausible explanations.

gangreenman, You don't understand. We need to do this because we're handicapped by the absence of Rodney Harrison and Seymour. After game 4, that camera-toting employee will be selling popcorn at Gillette. At that point, we won't need a camera for our regular 3 TD blowouts. It will be all natural.

Absolute BS, IMHO. More sour grapes from the rest of the league. You have to be kidding me. Next year they will mandate TB plays with 1 arm tied behind his back.

First the Rodney BS. And now this. Rodney was doing what many of the other players in the league do. But he was singled out. Coincidence? I think not.

Now some yahoo gets caught with a camera behind the Jets bench? He "claims" to be a Pats employee? First of all I don't think the Pats would be so stupid to be caught doing such a thing. Second if he was in fact a Pats employee and was caught then I believe that this type of filming must go on all the time. Maybe teams for the most part just choose to ignore such a thing since it really doesn't matter. But the Jets and Mangenious are choosing to whine.

Those are the only plausible explanations.

With the state of technology today, a wide angle lens is all you need to catch the entire field, and after the game it would be easy enough to catch the defensive signals. Not hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back