PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats stole Jets' calls - the latest fantasy theory [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oh great first thing mentioend on Sportcenter were the Patriots cheating?

This is my problem with the signal-stealing theory. No where was it reported during the game that the Jets were constantly in the wrong defense for the play called by the Pats - they just couldn't stop them. I would think that if Brady knew ahead of time that Moss was going to be surrounded by three defenders on that TD pass, he probably would have called a different play and thrown the ball somewhere else.

Brady threw the ball where ONLY Moss had a shot at it. A brilliant throw.

Re: Pats stole Jets' calls - the latest fantasy theory [mergedx2]

Yeah, me too. When do you think they will resolve this? I just hate having this hanging over us at a time when we are all so optimistic. I mean, first Rodney, now this, it just doesn't make us look very good.

eta: okay, the cyanide pill thing mentioned above just cracked me up. Totally awesome.

Amen to that. I too wish this thing gets over soon. The fact that BB (on WEEI) said - "Its a league thing, we will accept whatver the league's decision" makes me feel queasy.

Latest Update On Pats Video Situation

This time I'm being totally serious, I just heard this on the radio...

"An anonymous NFL officer has confirmed that the NFL has received a tape regarding a Patriots cameraman. He told me that the tape was received by the NFL and is being sent to both Commisioner Roger Goodell and the NFL compettition committee for further review."

The announcer went on to say that this is not the first time the Pats have been caught doing this, as they were warned for a similar action against the packers last year.

At the end she said that although the NFL has made no official response about the accusation, if Goodell and the NFL find the Pats guilty, (here's the real kicker) THE NFL RULEBOOK CALLS FOR A GAME FORFEIT FOR ALL 2nd TIME OFFENDERS...

I doubt this last part will happen, and honestly I hope it doesn't...You guys were the better team and deserved to win, but wow this is bad.

You can move this if you want, but I do think it was worth starting a new thread considering that this proves that it wasn't just a rumor...

Last edited:
Re: Latest Update On Pats Video Situation

The were accused against GB but no protest was filed. Sorry, Greeny, IF we did it, it is a first time offense.

The were accused against GB but no protest was filed. Sorry, Greeny, IF we did it, it is a first time offense.

Yes it was...and apparently the NFL sent out a letter to all teams directed at the Pats.

I know this is important to you gangreen, but it's a pimple on the ass of life around here. Run on. Go worry about what Baltimore's scout was taping. That's what Tangini should have been concerned with...

Yes it was...and apparently the NFL sent out a letter to all teams directed at the Pats.
I don't feel like finding the link but the SI article about it says no protest was filed. A letter about it does NOT mean a protest was filed.

Sorry.

Greeny, you get an A+ for perseverance. Your bold comments before the game went up in flames, but now you've found something with which you think you can scratch the scab. Go for it, man. Must suck in Jestsville today.

The feigned concern in the comment about the forfeit almost sounds real to those who have never read your posts. Nice try, though.

Last edited:

You have the old rulebook. I have the new rulebook, and it says the team being spied on forfeits a game.

I don't feel like finding the link but the SI article about it says no protest was filed. A letter about it does NOT mean a protest was filed.

Sorry.

No need to be sorry...Im just telling you what I heard on the radio. She said the Pats were accused of this and warned by the NFL for their actions.

As I said in the first post, I hope they DON'T forfeit the Pats...You were obviously the better team this time and deserved to win.

Greeny, you get an A+ for perseverance. Your bold comments before the game went up in flames, but now you've found something with which you think you can scratch the scab. Go for it, man. Must suck in Jestsville today.

The feigned concern in the comment about the forfeit almost sounds real to those who have never read your posts. Nice try, though.

If the Jets can catch every team they play making minor indescretions, they could be the next 72' Dolphins.

Dude, you guys were the better team, and I would hate to win like that. I'm just relaying what I heard on the radio...

If the Jets can catch every team they play making minor indescretions, they could be the next 72' Dolphins.
First team in history going undefeated due to forfeits. Impressive. Now that's a solid winning strategy . . .

This time I'm being totally serious, I just heard this on the radio...

"An anonymous NFL officer has confirmed that the NFL has received a tape regarding a Patriots cameraman. He told me that the tape was received by the NFL and is being sent to both Commisioner Roger Goodell and the NFL compettition committee for further review."

The announcer went on to say that this is not the first time the Pats have been caught doing this, as they were warned for a similar action against the packers last year.

At the end she said that although the NFL has made no official response about the accusation, if Goodell and the NFL find the Pats guilty, (here's the real kicker) THE NFL RULEBOOK CALLS FOR A GAME FORFEIT FOR ALL 2nd TIME OFFENDERS...

I doubt this last part will happen, and honestly I hope it doesn't...You guys were the better team and deserved to win, but wow this is bad.

You can move this if you want, but I do think it was worth starting a new thread considering that this proves that it wasn't just a rumor...
No link??? Not surprised...

She said the Pats were accused of this and warned by the NFL for their actions.
Dude; "ACCUSED". Isn't that what I said ?

:bricks:

Dude, you guys were the better team, and I would hate to win like that. I'm just relaying what I heard on the radio...
I have heard a LOT of things on the radio.....
(would not wish to repeat any......)

Bill Polian. The competition committee is the game's true power.

No link??? Not surprised...

dude, I heard it on the radio...how am I supposed to show a link to something I heard on the radio on the way home from work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back