PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' secret workout program???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: pats secret workout program???

The "Read the true story" link has a couple of spelling errors, which lead me to believe that the story is BS.

Also, an odd quote:
They are the only ones besides now the *Giants in the NFL that are
aware of the training and the only ones that employ it.

So... despite being a contributor to the Pats success as a football team, only 1 of the 31 other possible teams has even heard of this? They didn't send a salesman to each NFL team, or for that matter, each pro team everywhere? Sounds like a load of crap to me.

Another thing: If this really was so "secret", do you think they would post it on the website like that? The Patriots would not allow a secret out like that. If that company betrayed the Patriots trust (and likely contractcual agreement - if this were to be true) they would not only lose business from the Pats, but also from any team that takes secrecy seriously.

Nothing specific in this article completely outs it as a lie, but there are a whole lot of parts that stink.

The "Read the true story" link has a couple of spelling errors, which lead me to believe that the story is BS.

Also, an odd quote:

So... despite being a contributor to the Pats success as a football team, only 1 of the 31 other possible teams has even heard of this? They didn't send a salesman to each NFL team, or for that matter, each pro team everywhere? Sounds like a load of crap to me.

Another thing: If this really was so "secret", do you think they would post it on the website like that? The Patriots would not allow a secret out like that. If that company betrayed the Patriots trust (and likely contractcual agreement - if this were to be true) they would not only lose business from the Pats, but also from any team that takes secrecy seriously.

Nothing specific in this article completely outs it as a lie, but there are a whole lot of parts that stink.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but aren't the Pats the only, or just one of a few teams that use those mouthguards that help prevent concussions? They've also been talked about publicly and the dentist who created them still doesn't understand why more teams/sports don't use them. Just because teams aren't using something they know about doesn't mean it doesn't have value.

I think this sounds legit guys....I checked out the website for over an hour, the part that makes me think its probably real is the testimonials. There are former olympic big wigs that make compelling statements about the equipment & how the olympics used it.

I checked out the courses that the website says shows "their" science, Im no brainiac, but there is alot of "pscho" math and physics that might make sense to someone. Im going to call the place today & ask some questions.

If the Pats are doing this, do they have to have a contract with the company? The place I work for sells stuff all the time to microsoft and IBM and we dont have any contractual obligations??? Im not a business guy but just curious? We use them as references all the time....not trying to play the "devils advocate" but with SPYGATE & the MLB roids issues and now Clemens having a secret affair with a 15 year old 15 years ago, it seems to me that there are secrets all over the place in professional sports....Just my two cents worth.

Psychopatsfan :rocker:

I can't tell whether this is an "Onion-like" story (i.e., a clever fabrication that has people believing it) or whether it is legit, so I leave that determination to others.

However, one thing that the story does accomplish is to validate the old adage: "Success has many parents while failure is an orphan."

Last edited:

let everybody know that it is NO longer a secrect any more because everybody reads about it. After reading this article, i have the impression that it is not the skill of a player but the drug that makes pats player so GOOD. Go figure.!

Last edited:

Just playing devil's advocate here, but aren't the Pats the only, or just one of a few teams that use those mouthguards that help prevent concussions? They've also been talked about publicly and the dentist who created them still doesn't understand why more teams/sports don't use them. Just because teams aren't using something they know about doesn't mean it doesn't have value.

I'd agree if they said that the Pats are one of few teams using this excercise. However, they said that they don't even know about it. Assuming they stand to profit from more people knowing about it, that makes little sense.

However, I do know what you are talking about. A college professor (forget who/where) did a paper on going for 2 and why most NFL teams do it wrong. The Pats were the only team that sent their 2 point chart to this professor asking his opinion.

You make a valid point, but I still think it seems a little fishy.

Message from the ATHLETIC SPINAL FITNESS INSTITUTE

My name is Aaron J. Forbes, Director of Player Development for the Athletic Spinal Fitness Institute. Today I received over 50 emails and 20 phone calls about our website, and our story about your Patriots. I got the information from one your fellow members on this site, and he directed me here. It is here I clear up any misconceptions.

1) The story about the Patriots is 100% true. There is no mis-guided or half truths. Everything in the "True Story Of The Patriots" is just that, true. If it were NOT TRUE, the Patriots Organization would have sued us for libel long ago. They have been using our equipment and technology since their SuperBowl run started in 2000 in BOTH the weight room & their athletic training room. They had previously used it ONLY for rehabilitation purposes, NOT strength & Conditioning purposes until 2000.

2) The former head trainer Ron O'neil was part of a colaborative effort to seek out and effectively cure & prevent 3 major issues in pro football. those issues are:
1) The pinched nerve
2) The bulged disc
3) Spinal stenosis

There were other key people involved with this. Those people included:

1) Jenni Stone, A.T.C. former manager of clinical programs for the Olympic Training Center for 23 years

2) Bob Beaten, 23 years, Olympic Training & Research Center, Director of Olympic Sports Medicine

3) **** Smith, 5 time U.S. Olympic Weightlifting Coach

All these people were involved with finding out WHY athletes had these conditions, and HOW to effectively treat and prevent these conditions.

The U.S. Olympic Training Center started using our Robotic Power Equipment in 1986 with their Olympic Athletes. Ron O'neil started using it with Stanley Morgan in 1986-87 because he was having such terrible hamstring and low back problems. After using the program and equipment, Morgan had a career best in receptions and yards. The Patriots have used it ever since.

The secret, if you will, isnt the equipment itself, but rather the science & technology of what this equipment DOES. This training program went thru over 1 year of peer review from highly noted civil engineers from the U.S. military and Olympics, the N.S.C.A, and the N.A.T.A, and numerous top collegiate physicists and mathmaticians. After 1 year, and no fault in our material and equations proving the science behind our claims, this information became approved for C.E.U.'s by the N.S.C.A. & the N.A.T.A., and was approved for the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association for teaching coaches & teachers.

Our testimonial link also gives these peoples statement on what it has done and why others use it.

I have personally taken a high school football team in Washington state, trained them on how to use the Powercushion throughout the season, modify their weight training program to compliment the effects of the Powercushion training, and had 3 of their players training on the Power Equipment that Stanley Morgan used, for 2 months. The year before I was involved with this team, they went 4-8, and the year after I trained the team, they went 12-0finished 4th in the state, and lost to the eventual state champions.

The results are due to a simple fact: Leverage. We call it Mechanical Advantage. This is not about training muscles, it is about maximizing the anatomical structure and function of the spine, and the muscles can then work effortlessly, become extrememly flexible, and powerful.

All 3 of the athletes I trained on the Power Equipment STOPPED ALL WEIGHT TRAINING FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS. Afterward, they then re-tested on the squat, & powercleans. All 3 average an increase in 60 lbs on the squat, and 40 lbs. on the powercleans. This is 100% FACT. Anyone who wishes to confirm this can contact Steve Kizer of SkyView High School in Vancouver, WA and confirm with him.

The Giants now use this as well. They got it from Markus Paul , a former assitant strength coach of the Patriots. He witness the effect it had on the players, and knows the benefit. We also sent a Powercushion to Rodney Harrison last year during his 4 game in-season suspension. WHY would they want us to send him one?? The WHY is the question, and our courses, as simply as we can, give in great detail WHY the Powercushion works, and why the Patriots have used it with such success.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to e-mail me at spinalfitness.com

Aaron J. Forbes
Director of Player Development
Athletic Spinal Fitness Institute
Ridgefield, WA 98664
360-887-8600

sounds legit. just another reason why the pats are successful. they do all the little things to help them win games.

I worked with Ron O'Neil on this program. We were looking to build as best as could a team of John Hannah type players. (Ron is a sports med physical medicine genius you can look him up on net) One's that did not get hurt, hit the hardest and were frothing at the mouth in the fourth quarter to get in game and keep hitting people. We were also looking to eliminate the bugled discs pinched nerves stenosis conditions in the athlete.

Our first task was to engineer different lower back muscular skeletal joint postures to determine which one produced the optimal leverage that produced the best natural speed, hitting power, flexibility and endurance.

Second we then engineered different exercises to determines which one would cause adaptation of the proper posture.

Third we engineered different exercises to determine which on would create the proper segmental posture in the lower back to eliminate the bulged degenerating discs, pinched nerves and spinal stenosis.

Back then the worry was when you had something this good you needed to keep it quiet because it gave you a definite edge to produce across the board and especially as season wore on players with better athletic talent then your opponent.,

I am here to tell you though we can not even give the technology away.

Ron and the rest of us, from Olympics etc were utilizing biomechanical technology. Looking at the muscular skeletal system as the lever system it is. Engineering the muscle joint bone package to assess mechanical advantage.

However the rest of the medical personnel around league, college down to high school, chemical medicine doctors are PMOT technology people. Progressive Muscle Overload training is answer to everything. So you get dummies dumming down people telling them strong muscles take the stress off joints Strong muscles make the joint strong.

Power from the back comes from mechanical advantage not muscle.

So now Van Allen is working the technology for the Pats and it gives them an edge that other teams do not have in the health and talent department.

I told some People that work with me to stop posting anything here.

The only thing I feel bad about after the first superbowl Ron moved to front office with idea of developing futher his entire program for youth sports. After couple years in development it fizzled.

I feel sorry for young athletes that not getting to take advantage of the technology we produced and are getting hurt.

Interesting, indeed.

But seriously, maybe if that Word Doc wasn't written by someone who writes as though they are under a severe concussion themself would this matter. If the Powercushion marketing strategy is as brilliant as the writer of that article, it doesn't surprise me they can't give the thing away.

Re: Message from the ATHLETIC SPINAL FITNESS INSTITUTE

Mathmaticians?

Colaborative?

My name is Aaron J. Forbes, Director of Player Development for the Athletic Spinal Fitness Institute. Today I received over 50 emails and 20 phone calls about our website, and our story about your Patriots. I got the information from one your fellow members on this site, and he directed me here. It is here I clear up any misconceptions.

1) The story about the Patriots is 100% true. There is no mis-guided or half truths. Everything in the "True Story Of The Patriots" is just that, true. If it were NOT TRUE, the Patriots Organization would have sued us for libel long ago. They have been using our equipment and technology since their SuperBowl run started in 2000 in BOTH the weight room & their athletic training room. They had previously used it ONLY for rehabilitation purposes, NOT strength & Conditioning purposes until 2000.

2) The former head trainer Ron O'neil was part of a colaborative effort to seek out and effectively cure & prevent 3 major issues in pro football. those issues are:
1) The pinched nerve
2) The bulged disc
3) Spinal stenosis

There were other key people involved with this. Those people included:

1) Jenni Stone, A.T.C. former manager of clinical programs for the Olympic Training Center for 23 years

2) Bob Beaten, 23 years, Olympic Training & Research Center, Director of Olympic Sports Medicine

3) **** Smith, 5 time U.S. Olympic Weightlifting Coach

All these people were involved with finding out WHY athletes had these conditions, and HOW to effectively treat and prevent these conditions.

The U.S. Olympic Training Center started using our Robotic Power Equipment in 1986 with their Olympic Athletes. Ron O'neil started using it with Stanley Morgan in 1986-87 because he was having such terrible hamstring and low back problems. After using the program and equipment, Morgan had a career best in receptions and yards. The Patriots have used it ever since.

The secret, if you will, isnt the equipment itself, but rather the science & technology of what this equipment DOES. This training program went thru over 1 year of peer review from highly noted civil engineers from the U.S. military and Olympics, the N.S.C.A, and the N.A.T.A, and numerous top collegiate physicists and mathmaticians. After 1 year, and no fault in our material and equations proving the science behind our claims, this information became approved for C.E.U.'s by the N.S.C.A. & the N.A.T.A., and was approved for the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association for teaching coaches & teachers.

Our testimonial link also gives these peoples statement on what it has done and why others use it.

I have personally taken a high school football team in Washington state, trained them on how to use the Powercushion throughout the season, modify their weight training program to compliment the effects of the Powercushion training, and had 3 of their players training on the Power Equipment that Stanley Morgan used, for 2 months. The year before I was involved with this team, they went 4-8, and the year after I trained the team, they went 12-0finished 4th in the state, and lost to the eventual state champions.

The results are due to a simple fact: Leverage. We call it Mechanical Advantage. This is not about training muscles, it is about maximizing the anatomical structure and function of the spine, and the muscles can then work effortlessly, become extrememly flexible, and powerful.

All 3 of the athletes I trained on the Power Equipment STOPPED ALL WEIGHT TRAINING FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS. Afterward, they then re-tested on the squat, & powercleans. All 3 average an increase in 60 lbs on the squat, and 40 lbs. on the powercleans. This is 100% FACT. Anyone who wishes to confirm this can contact Steve Kizer of SkyView High School in Vancouver, WA and confirm with him.

The Giants now use this as well. They got it from Markus Paul , a former assitant strength coach of the Patriots. He witness the effect it had on the players, and knows the benefit. We also sent a Powercushion to Rodney Harrison last year during his 4 game in-season suspension. WHY would they want us to send him one?? The WHY is the question, and our courses, as simply as we can, give in great detail WHY the Powercushion works, and why the Patriots have used it with such success.

If anyone has further questions, feel free to e-mail me at spinalfitness.com

Aaron J. Forbes
Director of Player Development
Athletic Spinal Fitness Institute
Ridgefield, WA 98664
360-887-8600

how come more teams don't know about it, especially people like Pat Hill of Fresno State, Al Groh of Virginia, Nik Saban of Alabama, Romeo Crennel of Cleveland, Eric Mangini of NYJ, Urban Myer of Florida.....get where I'm going with this....

Last edited:
I heard that the Patriots have a secret cloning facility and they've gathered the DNA of all past Patriots. They are in the middle of a 5 year project to clone a "Super Team" of unstoppable warriors who will play for Vet minimum and will have interchangable parts to ensure that they do not spend time in IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back