PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Jabar Gaffney [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is insurance and depth, hopefully CJ will do something and we wont need him....but with this offense good to have insurance.

I would love to see Chad Jackson step into a Stallworth role... we haven't seen enough of him, but he has the speed, but I wonder if he has the elusiveness that Stallworth had, but they both seem similar. Hopefully he steps up...

Jackson has much better hands it seems..

I think Jackson's problems are all maturity based and not talent or lack of knowledge.
He seems to be the ****y guy who knows he's talented got by on that for so long.
Now he has to put in work and earn his playing time against veterans, so he has to practice hard and watch film.
Basically rededicate himself to the game of football.
He won't sniff the offensive rotation again until he learns to do that.
BB won't put a guy who did well in College on his field if he didn't earn it.
That's why 6th round picks can take jobs from first rounders.
How many other teams does that actually occur?

Last edited:
I'm glad that happened. Tom has all his targets back. Hopefully Kelly Washington can produce the yards after catch that Stallworth was able to rack up.

I'm glad that happened. Tom has all his targets back. Hopefully Kelly Washington can produce the yards after catch that Stallworth was able to rack up.

I'd prefer to see Chad Jackson do that.

WR is definatly not a need.. Im surprised of all the dumping on Donte, the more i hear he had nothing between the ears, and could not adjust in a pats system.. That is a shame because he might have been something, but I guess when your on your 4th team in 3 yrs, something is wrong..

Again very glad Gaff is back, and I also would like to see Washington and Jackson contribute.. But very happy with our o, lets fix the d

this is some great news as Gaffney was an undervalued asset to this team both last year and the year before. Kudos to the Pats for getting this done.

Good news and i think kelly washington is going to get his chance this year.
they brought in aiken to play gunner and st to share the load with kelly. so i see that kelly is going to get his chance to share the snaps with jabar.

also kelly played TE when asked to by the team when we ran low on TE last year.He played gunner and made more plays and his game speed was high compared to chad jackson who played the same position but never contributed for some reason.

one more weird fact kelly,aiken and chad are all around 6 2 ,215 lb WR

Last edited:
This is a great deal.

I kind of hope that Jabar has a great year starting at the #2 WR spot and cashes in next year. He could have probably gotten $4million a year elsewhere this year. I hope he gets rewarded and gets 6+ next year.

This is a great deal.

I kind of hope that Jabar has a great year starting at the #2 WR spot and cashes in next year. He could have probably gotten $4million a year elsewhere this year. I hope he gets rewarded and gets 6+ next year.

My feelings precisely.

It's interesting that the team wouldn't budge on a long-term deal for him. Suggests to me they either see the 3rd receiver as an easy roll to fill , or that they have a decent amount of confidence in one of the other receivers on the roster for the following year.

This is GREAT news! Gaffney outplayed Stallworth towards the end of the season (I though I have nothing against Stallworth). I think Gaffney was our #3 by years end and that Stallworth's load can be picked up by Chad Jackson. Maybe a little more WR action for Kelly Washington and any other WR JAG/draftee we may pick up.

I would like another TE to replace K.Brady and maybe another Olinemen to increase competition, but the Offense is mostly locked and loaded.

Now on to the defense....

Excellent news. I was prepared to move on from Gaffney, pickup a jag and spend the $$ on D. However, that was assuming it would cost more than a paltry 2mill. At that price, great move.

My feelings precisely.

It's interesting that the team wouldn't budge on a long-term deal for him. Suggests to me they either see the 3rd receiver as an easy roll to fill , or that they have a decent amount of confidence in one of the other receivers on the roster for the following year.

Investing in Gaffney longterm wouldn't have been a good move for NE. They're already paying Welker and Moss. You can't pay too many guys at WR.

Investing in Gaffney longterm wouldn't have been a good move for NE. They're already paying Welker and Moss. You can't pay too many guys at WR.

It's better this way for both sides.

Gaffney is playing in another contract year and must do his best.

If he does well, he can cash in big with the Patriots or someone else.

For the Patriots, they already have Moss and Welker locked up and we still don't know what we have in Chad Jackson. Better to sign Gaffney to a 1 year deal and see how he and Jackson (or others yet unsigned) pan out.

We may not want/need him next season anyway if others step up big.

the snowball effect has started people, brace yourselves

Just got home and read - awesome news.

Offense is locked and loaded. Defense time :)

I still think we need to assess the offensive line.....a debacle like this years SB can not be tolerated again....I am still hopeful that there are some OL FA still floating out there.....or if not it is a draft need again......Light is very inconsistent and is a turnstile in the "big" games alot of times.....Kaczur and Mankins were awful in the SB as well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft