PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats official announcement on Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s the official announcement, which came down moments ago, from the Patriots on the signing of Fernando Bryant:FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The New England Patriots signed free agent cornerback Fernando Bryant today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.“Adding a cornerback with Fernando’s experience and production is a good opportunity for us,” said Patriots Head Coach [...]

More...

Seems like a quality signing that gives us some added flexibility in the draft. I don't think we have to reach for a CB anymore after signing some quality guys.

We still need to draft a corner, either in the first, or if BB sees a guy he feels is 1st round talent that will last to the 2nd.
We are building a secondary, and will have a lot of comeptition back there. But we need a top kind of corner in the draft who can play nickel/dime this year, at least at the start, and develop into a starter by next.
I think the signings of bryant, sanders, and webster have been underrated. These are NFL quality corners. If we were relying on them to be our tops 3 corners, I'd be worried, but fitting them into the system, I think we will be fine.
Any of them will give us better play on 3rd down and in 2 minute than we have gotten from a nickelback in years.
I'm not very worried about the 'starter' in the base D. The problem we have had that needed to be addressed is covering in pass only situations, particularly protecting a lead or in 2 minute D. I think we have made good progress in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft